philipines disaster news up on jw.org

by Captain Blithering 112 Replies latest jw friends

• DS211
    DS211

And again i sincerely apologize if i have offended you or judged you. It was not my intention.

• jhine
    jhine

I'm calming down now , I was hard in the way I said it but I stand by what I said .

Jan

• emeth
    emeth

@DS211 Next month one of our magazines is about the media. It does not say that all of us must stop watchting the news, stop reading papers or stop getting informed. But it does say that one should be cautious with newsgathering.

well the same goes for charities. They do not say that one should not give to charities but they do warn to have a good look to which charity you give and what the charity does with gifts. But imagine for example you lost someone to heart disease, it makes sense to give to the heart foundation (like i do because i lost my dad to that disease) so that they can do more research.

see for an example the article Charitable Contributions—A Christian Obligation? in the awake 1993 6/8

• emeth
    emeth

@DS211 the organisation is a charity itself, they have their own, targets, goals and strategy just like any other charity

• pixel
    pixel

Data-Dog comments always spot on.

• emeth
    emeth

@GoneAwol imagine there is a big disaster somewhere and in that country are a lot of foreigners. right away the country where those foreigners belong to will send a plane to evacuate their citizens before they do anything else. That is also how we think about our 'nation"

• DS211
    DS211

And prayer...do they pray for all those involved? Not once in my 4 years going to meetings have they prayed for ANYONE outside the org. Now i will check that mag out but there are MANY christian-based charitable organizations out there. AS well as many orgs claiming to be the one True channel of God. I invite you to research the matter since you do seem to possess the good sense to do ACTUAL research and test what youre being taught.

now on your answer to the df'ed individual. You said that emotional ties still existed and naturally would come into play...as "off topic" as this is i must ask

have you read the shunning stories on this site? Elsewhere? Im not singling you out but would like to know how you feel

• KateWild
    KateWild

that one should be cautious with newsgathering.-emeth

Yes in one of my posts to you I told you I had read that AWAKE DEC 2013. I agree we must be careful, but also with WT articles too. All media reports we should think critically about. Very good point. I am glad you took my advice and read the magazine. Thank you love Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

Emeth, it was post 476 on page 3 of this thread

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Ok, looking after your own. Fair enough. The point many are making here though is this:

How many bloodied, desperate, dying people do the jws have to walk/drive/fly past in their goal to help the chosen nation? And what about money thats left over from helping your own? Where does that go?

The widows mite. Jesus found more favour with 2 small coins being given to charity because it was all she had. The GB have billions. A surplus. More than they need.

Was Jesus wrong?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit