philipines disaster news up on jw.org

by Captain Blithering 112 Replies latest jw friends

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Sounds like 34 brothers sought refuge in a Kingdom Hall... all of them perished... but the WT wants to downplay it by saying that only 26 perished... I'm sure this will never be published on jw.org.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

All hail the almighty and benevolent Governing Booby !

• blondie
    blondie

Perhaps they were deceived by this scripture and the WTS interpretation.

(Isaiah 26:20) “Go, my people, enter into your interior rooms, and shut your doors behind you. Hide yourself for but a moment until the denunciation passes over.

*** w09 5/15 p. 8 Where Should You Be When the End Comes? ***

In our day, the “interior rooms” of this prophecy could be closely associated with the more than 100,000 congregations of Jehovah’s Witnesses around the world. Such congregations play an important role in our lives. They will continue to do so through “the great tribulation.” (Rev. 7:14) God’s people are commanded to go into their “interior rooms” and hide themselves “until the denunciation passes over.” It is vital that we develop and maintain a wholesome attitude toward the congregation and be firmly resolved to stay in close association with it.

*** w01 3/1 p. 21 par. 17 Salvation for Those Who Choose the Light ***

Today, the “interior rooms” of the prophecy likely have to do with the tens of thousands of congregations of Jehovah’s people around the world. Such congregations are a protection even now, a place where Christians find safety among their brothers, under the loving care of the elders. (Isaiah 32:1, 2; Hebrews 10:24, 25) This is especially true in view of the nearness of the end of this system of things when survival will depend on obedience.—Zephaniah 2:3.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Here is my suggestion: if you send a check to the Philippine branch, it will take at least a week to get there, maybe two.

Then, it will take at least 45 days for the check to clear and the funds won't be available for two months.

Up to 14 days for the Check to be recieved.....45 days for the check to clear.....60 days for the funds to be available..

14+45+60=119 days or.....4 months less a day before JW`s will see a dime of,JW Donated Money..

Well JW`s aren`t getting any WBT$ Money!!.

..........We`re Not an "Effin" Charity!!!..

.............................................................. photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I am listening to the meeting right now. The are begging for more money. Why doesn't the WTBTS use their money? They made a Billion dollars in real estate sales! The Eldub is saying ," Just give what we can afford. We set aside something on a regular basis, just like the 1st century!" I thought that they did not solicit funds? Anyone? Emeth? SFPW?

From " Who are doing Jehovah's will today?" page 24 paragraph 2:

" Although the costs of supporting our evangelizing work is high, we do not solicit money"...."we will never beg nor petition men for support-and we never have!"

Solicit:

: to ask for (something, such as money or help) from people, companies, etc.

: to ask (a person or group) for money, help, etc.

Examples of SOLICIT

1. The center is soliciting donations to help victims of the earthquake.
    2. The company is soliciting bids from various firms.
    3. The organization is soliciting new memberships.
    4. The newspaper's editors want to solicit opinions from readers.
    5. The organization is soliciting for donations.
    6. Special interest groups are soliciting Congress for funds.
    7. The prostitutes were arrested for soliciting customers.

Sounds like they solicit funds to me.

DD

• never a jw
    never a jw

How about donating to the Red Cross so more people can be helped? Oh, I forgot, they are dying soon in Armageddon. What's the point, the money will be wasted and a bad investment anyhow. Let us help only the ones who are worth saving, and are likely to contribute to the spreading of the good news, the upcoming slaughter of 7 billion.

• Listener
    Listener

Jona received a report from a brother who visits the Philippine branch office in Quezon City on an almost daily basis. According to him, there are an unconfirmed number of 34 brothers dead from the typhoon. That report was modified by the branch, which issued a report of 26 confirmed dead. All of them had sought shelter in a Kingdom Hall in Tacloban, and were killed when the storm surge swept the building away.

Sounds like they don't want to count the children (unbaptized)/

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Right on data-dog, you got it brother... Billions in the kitty. But you undereducated minions send us YOUR cash, and we'll send some out there.

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

How about donating to the Red Cross so more people can be helped?

Red Cross relief disbursements will not include funds for the rebuilding of Kingdom Halls!

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

SINCE GOD HAS DECIDED HE'S UNABLE TO LIFT A FINGER TO HELP, WE'VE GOTTA HELP OURSELVES. DON'T PUT ANY MONEY IN YOUR KINGDOM HALL'S CONTRIBUTION BOX THIS MONTH BUT INSTEAD PLEASE DONATE TO HELP THESE POOR VICTIMS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit