philipines disaster news up on jw.org

by Captain Blithering 112 Replies latest jw friends

• KateWild
    KateWild

Its our money, we gave it,.. now it belongs to our organisation and it is our business what we do with it. Eleven years talking on this forum did not change that and never will.-emeth.

See what I mean CB....they are deluded into to thinking their money is helping, some of it must be. The point is the bank balance if big fat huge over a billion dollars.

Kate xx

• emeth
    emeth

@kate big chance that it is even more but again that is none of your business

• KateWild
    KateWild

Emeth,

Why is it not our business to enquire of the existing funds?

Kate xx

• emeth
    emeth

@kate last service meeting we had this week had a little talk about helping our brotherhood no matter if that is locally or internationally. If we, in our congregation, see that people cant afford the heating we would help. James 2:15-17

• emeth
    emeth

@kate for the same reason that it is none of your business to know what i have on my account and what it is spend on.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

What are the chances that if I donate say $500 to the WT's World Wide Fund and earmark it for the Philippines, that its' going to reach the Philippines? .......Zero! The WT is asking for donations for the Philippines disaster but will now allow me to earmark it for the Philippines. Makes me wonder why!

What are the chances that if I donate say $500 to the American Red Cross and earmark it for the Philippines, that its' going to reach the Philippines? After talking to Red Cross officials, I have been assured 100%!

What puzzles me is that WT claims to be God's organization, while the American Red Cross does not! However, both organizations are asking for my money. Of the two organizations, the American Red Cross is the one that will allow me to earmark my money for the Philippines and assures me it will get to the Philippines.

Odd!

Seems to me, my money would best be served donating to a worldy organization (like the American Red Cross) rather than to the WTBTS!

• emeth
    emeth

@JW Gonebad Those Red Cross people you spoke with are liars. A big chunk of every dollar is spent on managers, CEO's , fundraising events, big offices , thousands of people called staff, overhead costs etc etc. Only a part of every dollar will reach the Philipines. Once there, what is left of this dollar is further damaged because of corruption on the island itself.

• KateWild
    KateWild

If we, in our congregation, see that people cant afford the heating we would help. James 2:15-17-emeth

That is so encouragiing to hear. You are truly a kind person. Shame our cong is not like that.

I am afraid I disagree on the other point. Your persoanl account is personal, but religious charitable organisations are expected to be transparent to there donors or any who may be thinking of donating. That is the purpose of the monthly accounts reports in congs worldwide.

There will be a combined monthly report also, but it is kept secret unlawfully.

Kate xx

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

emeth you've been reading too many Watchtowers and Awakes!

The American Red Cross did mention something about minimal administrative costs. Unlike the WTBTS, the American Red Cross has a reputation it's interested in maintaining. You're welcome to call them yourself!

• KateWild
    KateWild

@JW Gonebad Those Red Cross people you spoke with are liars.-emeth

You have a good point there...but the GB are honest are they? - Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit