Does anyone know what is happening with Italy's (Rome) Bethel???

by LoisLane looking for Superman 81 Replies latest jw friends

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Ran it through Google translate and basically says Morris bashed homosexuals and made no announcement about selling the branch, yet.

Tons of comments on that blog though, hard to wade through the translated text though.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Wow. These Italian JWs sound very pissed. I think the organization will have to make serious changes or be toast within a decade. The GB are really digging in their heels and adopting a very hard line stance. It's comforting to see that JWs overseas feel the same way that we do.

• Gayle
    Gayle

2014 Yearbook saying 1% (actually .8%) increase in Italy. Not much.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

So they're sending Tony Morris over to bolster the spirituality of the Italian "friends"? They better have a terrific "translator"

who ignores all the stupid stuff he likely to say in a talk......BTXB

.............If your Loyal to the WBT$..

....Jehovah Will Give You More Chickens!..

..................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• LaFrancia
    LaFrancia

Announcement :

The italian Bethel is for sale

In a few months ,we will know the details.

bye

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Another one bites the dust...

I don't know what impact this has in a big country, like Italy, but I do know from my sources that in countries like Central America this was a major blow to the work. I hope that the catholics (with their new found popularity) can use this (not that I like the catholic church, but the enemy of my enemy...)

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Thank you for letting us know.

• designs
    designs

Amazing, I wonder what JWs in the US would feel if the Headquarters packed it all up and moved to Canada or Mexico.

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

Wow! A couple of months after Morris's visit they get order to shut it down. I am going to assume that the GB is aware of http://proclamatoreconsapevole.blogspot.com and is not very happy about it to say the least.

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

Selling it after Morris' visit reminds me of how Ted Jaracz visted a branch, everyone was so excited, he asked everyone what their responsibilities were, and then after he left many people were dismissed (I believe I read this on a thread on this site). Branch visits are just to trim the fat in disguise and making sure the branch commitee are in agreement with the GB.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit