Atheists know more about the bible!

by Comatose 157 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

I am thoroughly sick and tired of the constant hijacking of topics by self-agrandising waffle.

• bohm
    bohm

tammy: sure, but does it still exist? I tried to google it the other day and didnt find anything

• zound
    zound

Well the experiement would sort out if what you experience is supernatural or not. If you get the correct number - then it (may) be supernatural and go to prove that you are not just listening to your own thoughts.

Whether it is christ or 'another' spirit is another question.

I'd be happy with just proving if this voice is supernatural or not.

Is it okay if we proceed with the experiment in the hopes of sorting that question out?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Zound - JC doesn't play trivial games, he has more important things to do, like whisper riddles to those who want to hear.

• Comatose
    Comatose

I am reading a good book, A Manual for Creating Atheists. It mentions those odd statements that religious people make that don't really say anything but sound deep. It also makes an interesting observation that faith is the same as "pretending to know things you don't know".

When you insert "pretending to know things I don't know" into the places that religious people use faith, it makes the results pretty interesting.

Reminds me of Snare and Racket saying several times the other day, he takes pride in admitting I don't know. We do not have to know every answer. It's okay. People like Tammy seem to know every answer... Or they pretend to know things they do not know.

• bohm
    bohm

Now that god talk to you on a daily basis, can we ask god to guess a random number so we too can know he exists?

Jesus says no...

• adamah
    adamah

Adam asked: Tammy, a yes or no answer, please: are there any contradictions to be found in God's word, the Bible?

YES or NO?

TEC answered- You are asking two questions above. No... there are no contradictions in God's Word. (Christ) Yes... there are contradictions in the bible.

So if the "inspired by God" process is somehow fallible or corruptible (which is a questionable premise, since God is supposed to be perfect), where was this "slightly-more-Perfect Jesus" during the inspiration sessions? Was he on another assignment, and couldn't be bothered with serving as the assistant-engineer delivering ONLY THE SINGLE-MOST MESSAGE IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD, MAKING GOD'S WILL KNOWN TO MANKIND?

Simply put, it's NOT: in fact, the OT is largely derivative of the writings of other cultures of the ancient near east, and even plagarizes many of the other previous Mesopotamian and Sumerian myths, which is obvious if only one engages in comparative literary analysis.

See, if the Bible were inspired by an omniscient being, it really should be LIGHT-YEARS ahead of the rest of contemporaneous literature from the period, in terms of knowledge it contained, not to mention, it's morality should even be uh, actually "moral"? The OT cannot approach the respect for other life forms contained in the Mahabarhata, an ancient Indian epoch. So while Jesus was sending demons into swine to fall off cliffs, telling lepers to sacrifice animals, etc. 500 yrs before, the Mahabarhata's main message was that ALL living beings have worth, when the protagonist of the story refuses to abandon the stray dog that had stayed by his side during the trip, and the hero foregoes ascension to heaven, rather than leave his dog behind on the mountain top to die alone of starvation.

For that selfless act, the protagonist was rewarded when the dog revealed himself to be God, and they ascended to Heaven.

That's a timeless form of morality that lives on and is worth preserving, and even could claim to be divinely-inspired; it's not just story after story of slaughtering, genocide, killing, bloodshed, etc.

• tec
    tec

People like Tammy seem to know every answer... Or they pretend to know things they do not know.

I don't know... truly I do not... I learn from Christ, who DOES know, having been here from the beginning. Anyone... anyone... who wants to, can go to and learn from Him as well.

May anyone who wishes be given ears to hear the truth, from Him who IS the Truth.

Peace to you,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

The exact same bullshit on 2 simultaneous threads.

• tec
    tec

So if the "inspired by God" process is somehow fallible or corruptible (which is a questionable premise, since God is supposed to be perfect), where was this "slightly-more-Perfect Jesus" during the inspiration sessions? Was he on another assignment, and couldn't be bothered with serving as the assistant-engineer delivering ONLY THE SINGLE-MOST MESSAGE IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD, MAKING GOD'S WILL KNOWN TO MANKIND?

You are assuming that the error came in from the message or revelation being given... and not from the scribes who later added to or took away from what the one who heard shared?

Peace to you,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit