How to prove God does not exist?

by UBM101 111 Replies latest watchtower bible

• fokyc
    fokyc

IF there is a God and he created all we know;

WHO created God?

• cantleave
    cantleave

I would like non-believers to prove there is no Flying Spaghetti Monster.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Ditto to Cantleave's thought.

Prove God is not Allah, Vishnu, Odin, Thor, Flying Spaghetti Monster, Zeus, Jupiter.
    Prove Joseph Smith was not visited by the angel, Moroni, and provided with golden plates.
    Prove a teapot is not orbiting the earth.
    Prove Santa Claus doesn't have a bunch of elves build toys so he can deliver them around the world in one night.

With such thoughts as this thread poster suggests, they must all be taken as seriously as the existence of the God of Christianity unless they can be proven false.

Here's a clue: Just because a negative cannot be proven, it doesn't mean the default position is that it exists. That's the way conspiracy theorists have been operating for all of history.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

The existence of something like down syndrome is actually proof that the God of the Bible (omniscient, omnibenevolent) doesn't exist. But believers are wonderful excuse makers and spin doctors, so this is not proof for them. But it is one of a thousand, rock solid pieces of evidence for me.

But really, Can you prove that I do not have a 1 inch tall, invisible dragon in my garage?

• Witness My Fury
  • Monsieur
    Monsieur

Cofty,

As evidence, if not proof, I would offer the hiddenness of god and the problem of evil.

how is the problem of evil proof of God's inexistence?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

how is the problem of evil proof of God's inexistence?

Man-oh-man! Do you ever need to start your own spiritual journey.

Here's a very first step for you: Google "problem of evil" and read the wikipedia entry, then maybe some others.

• Monsieur
    Monsieur

onthewayout

Man-oh-man! Do you ever need to start your own spiritual journey

the existence of evil, PROVES that evil exists.

just because i can show you i have an apple, does not mean that i do not have an orange.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Get started on that spiritual journey.

Again, it is impossible to prove God doesn't exist. But we can start eliminating certain "gods."

The problem of evil is subject to each person's closed/open mind and their philosophy, but it helps many to see enough proof to conclusively say that a god who only wants the best for "His" creation exists. Read the links.

Edited to add: Should have typed: "...to conclusively say that a god who only wants the best for "His" creation doesn't exist."

• eyeuse2badub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit