How to prove God does not exist?

by UBM101 111 Replies latest watchtower bible

• prologos
    prologos

If there would be absolutely NOTHING, the non-existence of a creator would be proved.

the non existence of a god is easier. ?

• Stauros
    Stauros

If there would be absolutely NOTHING, the non-existence of a creator would be proved.

the non existence of a god is easier. ?

Please explain......I have no idea what you mean ? ? ?

E.

• designs
    designs

Dark Matter. Luke I am your father....

• sspo
    sspo

The believer will say look at the creation...it had to come from somewhere but then the simple question

How did God come to be....just saying he was there from the beginning is not enough to satisfy me.

Don't want to believe in him because a loving father would take care of his children....Don't blame Satan please, a loving father would have kicked his ass long ago.

• cofty
    cofty

Many orthodox people speak as though it were the business of sceptics to disprove received dogmas rather than of dogmatists to prove them. This is, of course, a mistake. If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit , nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes . But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense. If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time. - Betrand Russell

As evidence, if not proof, I would offer the hiddenness of god and the problem of evil.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Jehovahs witnesses beleive humans were created some 6000 + years ago

Other christian religions may go back a lot further in time .

Non christian religions can go back much further in time again

So we can say that from 6000 years to millennia past , god has existed but he only communicated with humans thousands of years ago to primitive populations.

Whats the problem of communicating with modern day beleivers , where we have modern day communication systems and technology to receive such information.?

Of course if he existed he could do so .

If he doesnt exist he will be silent.

smiddy

• prologos
    prologos

STAUROS: I think there is a difference between "a god" and "creator"

In my simple mind, the existence , not only our existence, could indicate the work of a creator, originator.

if nothing existed, that possibility would be eliminated. Even then

There still could be an otherworldly eternal being, but not with the just designation "creator".

I would be interested even to go through a thought experiment that takes me along the steps of trying to show the non-existence of a creator.

All my life I have been been involved in making* creating things/ concepts that did not exist before ( a frequent client of the US patent office), and knowing my small size and limitations, the non-existence of a creator is only a very unlikely reality/possibility for me. but:

"show me", as they say in Missouri.

*"making" from esisting materials versus "creating" a concept that nobody has thought of, did not exist, before.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

If there is evidence for, then one looks for things which may falsify that evidence. No evidence for means no need to do any more work. Roughly what Berty Russell was saying, above.

Just for a moment though, let us allow the possibility of a Creator who started life on this Planet. My question to believers would be :

Where has he been for the last few Billion years since then ?

My word to him would be, you never write, you never call, you ain't much of a friend.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

I think you do not totally understand. Since a Atheist sees there is no proof of the existence of god then he does not exist. The one who says he DOES exist need to give the proof. That is the scientific aproach.

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"Many times (almost all the time) atheists asking for proof of God's existence from those who believe that God exists. Perhaps at times they should prove He doesn't exist. Any taker? Focus only of the facts, no criticism on believers/religion please, and vice versa." - UBM101

Burden of proof

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof

Ismael

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit