How to prove God does not exist?

by UBM101 111 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tec
    tec

We're not speaking about the same thing... but have moved into something more. Something beyond evidence... to validation of evidence for those who do not see/experience something for themselves. So only validated evidence is considered to be evidence?

I don't have a problem if that is the only kind of evidence that some are willing to follow. That is their business. But that is not the only kind of evidence there IS.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

I think there would be tons of variables in that kind of experiment, Jgnat. If there are contradictions... is everyone there actually hearing from God? (or rather, Christ... because I hear from Christ, and God speaks through Christ) Are some faking it? Lying about it? Misunderstanding? Is God just not speaking to everyone? Are some at different stages so that some can hear one thing, but some are not able to bear that thing yet?

You would need a 'control' in such an experiment, wouldn't you?

Peace,

tammy

• jgnat
    jgnat

In the observable universe, tec, evidence that can be validated is all that can be counted. You are absolutely right; such an experiment would have a great number of variables to account for.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

That's right, Tec. God (or Christ) won't make sure that everyone in a control group hears Him. The old "There is a doubter among us so it won't work" answer. It would seem to me that the Christ of your mind could make a deaf atheist underwater hear Him if He wanted to.

But that is not the only kind of evidence there IS.

So we can say that Flying Spaghetti Monster exists, bending spoons with the mind is true, fire-breathing dragons were real, AIDS was a U.S. government plan to wipe out Africa, African Americans, homosexuals (well, that one could be true), the Amazing Randi should have dished out a million dollars thousands of times.

• tec
    tec

Evidence (witness testimony, for instance, from those who witness to Christ) CAN be validated... by Christ, Himself.

So that the testimony given and the truth shared... is validated by Christ... for the person now hearing for themselves. That might not help others who do not (yet) hear Him; but it does for the one who has (now) heard Him. Then, once one does hear him, one can go to Him to know what is true, regarding God, spirits, the kingdom, etc, etc.

That's right, Tec. God (or Christ) won't make sure that everyone in a control group hears Him. The old "There is a doubter among us so it won't work" answer. It would seem to me that the Christ of your mind could make a deaf atheist underwater hear Him if He wanted to.

That is not the 'control' I was speaking of. People are often unwilling to hear what they do not want to hear; and Christ does not force Himself upon them.

I don't even know how that 'old answer' even applies.

So we can say that Flying Spaghetti Monster exists, bending spoons with the mind is true, fire-breathing dragons were real, AIDS was a U.S. government plan to wipe out Africa, African Americans, homosexuals (well, that one could be true), the Amazing Randi should have dished out a million dollars thousands of times.

You can SAY anything that you want to say. If I want to know the truth of what you say, then I could begin at least by going to the source for your claim.

Peace,

tammy

• jgnat
    jgnat

Soooo, ask Christ if there is fellow deity called the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

And don't forget Santa Claus.

That is not the 'control' I was speaking of. People are often unwilling to hear what they do not want to hear; and Christ does not force Himself upon them.

So, an actual measurable voice in a room, clearly spoken, clearly heard by all that are "willing" to hear it. But you already doubt your own Christ when you say that someon will simply not want to hear it.

Talk about other types of evidence. That's evidence enough for me that you know very well that you have never actually "heard" from Him.

(Feel free to simply ignore that last sentence- it's just to get your goat. It ain't real evidence either.)

• tec
    tec

lol @ jgnat.

There was however someone behind the legend of Santa Claus... though the santa claus that man has invented is well... invented. And yes, we do know that it is not santa placing presents under our christmas trees... when we ARE the ones placing the presents under the trees and saying that they are from santa.

Your experiment, OTWO... is not what I was speaking of with jgnat. It also has nothing to do with MY faith or doubt in Christ... that people who do not want to hear His voice, don't hear his voice (by ignoring, dismissing, attributing some other cause, etc)

Talk about other types of evidence. That's evidence enough for me that you know very well that you have never actually "heard" from Him.

Well, to get my goat or not... it doesn't even make sense ; )

Peace,

tammy

• yalbmert99
  • prologos
    prologos

The idea was introduced earlier that belief in a god (religion), or more to the point,-- in a creator-- is comparable to belief in the existence of an orbiting teapot, swinging between Mars and Earth about the sun.

You cant find the teapot, you cant find god. but:

we do have the sun, the Earth and Mars and the natural laws that are the essentials for their existence, motion, energy content/equivalent.

If there was such a teapot, we could determine the same for it. We would be certain that it was an artifact launched in a certain way. If it was in the chape of a samovar, we would be quite certain it had something to do with the Russian space program. It would not have popped into existence just like "poof" or "woo", right?

By extension by observing the real, but slightly more massive universe in action/motion, it's embodied laws, does it not require real imagination to assume that it bettered the teapot?

may be because there is no such samovar, the Russians dont exist?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit