How to prove God does not exist?

by UBM101 111 Replies latest watchtower bible

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I very rarely include links in my posts, but i would recomend taking a few minutes to read this:

http://godisimaginary.com/

The points made in this reading piece are very hard to ignore.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Quote from C S Lewis... an atheist who bacame a christian.

" My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust? If the whole show was bad and senseless from A to Z, so to speak, why did I, who was supposed to be part of the show, find myself in such a violent reaction against it?... Of course I could have given up my idea of justice by saying it was nothing but a private idea of my own. But if i did that, then my argument against God collapsed too--for the argument depended on saying the world was really unjust, not simply that it did not happen to please my fancies. Thus, in the very act of trying to prove that God did not exist - in other words, that the whole of reality was senseless - I found I was forced to assume that one part of reality - namely my idea of justice - was full of sense. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never have known it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."

• Monsieur
    Monsieur

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

EPICURUS

the last question in Epicurius' piece above is the key to understanding his 'riddle'. It also solves the 'problem of evil'.

By process of elimination, Epicurius has confirmed what God isn't. By asking 'why call him God', Epicurius asks US (man) to take action accordingly.

In other words, the ball is in our court, and it is up to man to 'decipher' the problem of evil, and act accordingly.

the question is, what will MAN do?

• caliber
    caliber

To prove something doesn't exist in the universe would mean you would need to check all of it all at the same time. If you could do that, I think you'd qualify as being God.

You would need omnividence...."The power to see all things"

Omnievidence
    Om = all
    Ni (nil) = nothing
    Evidence = evidence

nothing (no thing is found) between evidence & all... nor can ever be found

so God must be allness... to prove otherwise is mission impossible

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

The reason why we don't believe in ghosts, vampires, wearwolves, mummys, ghouls, zombies etc is due to one fact.

That in this day of age with billions of mobile devices that can capture pictures and video there is not one real video, or real picture that proves they exist.

Same logic to God...thousands of years of human history recorded...not one line of proof that there is a God...

End of.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Same logic to God...thousands of years of human history recorded...not one line of proof that there is a God...

Yes, but isn't there a book that says God exists, and that lions and bulls will eat straw together in the future? Certainly, if there is a book that says it, it must be true. ;)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Nothing seems to change with those so closed minded.

the last question in Epicurius' piece above is the key to understanding his 'riddle'. It also solves the 'problem of evil'.

By process of elimination, Epicurius has confirmed what God isn't. By asking 'why call him God', Epicurius asks US (man) to take action accordingly.

In other words, the ball is in our court, and it is up to man to 'decipher' the problem of evil, and act accordingly.

the question is, what will MAN do?

Yes, indeed!!! Epicurius has confirmed what God isn't. Either God isn't omnipotent or else He isn't worthy of being called "God." 'Why call him God' calls for the action to STOP WORSHIPPING that one. It does indeed put the ball in our court, but if you can see that, why can't you see that this very logic is proof enough for even you that a certain, commonly believed in, God does not exist?

• Terry
    Terry

I've never understood why a person who lives by FAITH should concern themselves with PROOF.

If you have God what difference does it make what other people think?

I'll give you an analogy.

If I see a wonderful film at the cinema and I tell people about it, often there are others who strongly disagree. They may have savage

reasons to hate it.

Instead of convincing them they are wrong, I simply pity them because I GOT SOMETHING positive and came out ahead. While they spent money and time and came away pissed off.

God doesn't have to exist to make you happy or to change your life.

You simply have to insert ____cause_____in order to feel that way. God is the ____cause____.

Others can be happy and build a good life on their own efforts.

As long as both of you get to the same fine feeling, what should it matter?

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

You ask for facts only.

Here is a fact:

I have asked god to tell me the winning lottely numbers. Multiple times. He never did. Proof positive - he does not exist.

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"Quote from C S Lewis... an atheist who bacame a christian." - tornapart

Although he experienced a variety of philosophies in his life, he never once gave up his view of a deity in his life, but rather went on (as OTWA said) a "spiritual journey" that ultimately brought him back to where he started.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._S._Lewis

Ismael

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit