How to prove God does not exist?

by UBM101 111 Replies latest watchtower bible

• UBM101
    UBM101

Many times (almost all the time) atheists asking for proof of God's existence from those who believe that God exists. Perhaps at times they should prove He doesn't exist. Any taker? Focus only of the facts, no criticism on believers/religion please, and vice versa.

• Simon
    Simon

Hard to prove a negative, especially for something who's advocates even know nothing about.

To prove something doesn't exist in the universe would mean you would need to check all of it all at the same time.

If you could do that, I think you'd qualify as being God.

There's a reason the crazy idea has lasted as long as it has ... it relies on absence of proof of absence and some take that as proof of existence.

• UBM101
    UBM101

I am sure if it is something solid and true, it can surely be proven. Otherwise it would be another belief and faith. Hmm...

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Can you please define god better, for instance do you mean the personal god of love that the bible speaks of, or just a powerful mysterious force that set a chain of events in motion?

• UBM101
    UBM101

I would say a creator. Or existence of a deity.

• smiddy
    smiddy

A Creator or a Deity exists solely in the mind of the beleiver , nowhere else.

I became a jehovahs witness because I WANTED to beleive what they were telling me.

A person beleives in God or a Deity because they WANT to beleive .

They dont need proof , facts ,evidence beyond question , all they need is faith .

All the diverse religions of the world use this same word FAITH that their beleivers must have.

I rest my case.

smiddy

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Ditto on what Simon stated, it's not possible to disprove yet. Question: of what benefit is it, to worry about the existence of an abstract diety who refuses to reveal itself? Since it hasn't revealed itself, can we conclude that it's really up to us to solve our own problems in the world?

• UBM101
    UBM101

Smiddy - kindly do not point the fingers on believers. Otherwise, disbelieving in a deity/god = saying that believing is based solely on belief (which is probably true) but if god/a deity really is non-existing then you can surely prove it, no?

• UBM101
    UBM101

I don't see how you can prove that god does not exist by shifting the attention and criticism to those who believe.

• Stauros
    Stauros

There is no way to prove that GOD does not exist. There exists too many creations and wonderful designs that are similar, i.e., they all reproduce, have eyes, ears, mouths, nostrils (gills), etc. Take man and women for example. They are created to interact even in body design. There is no need for me to be specific, you can think this out for yourselves. Just accept the fact that GOD exists. Why even attempt to dispute the fact that He does?

E.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit