The reason behind why the ex-JW community can never match Jehovah's Witnesses' success.

by Stand for Pure Worship 187 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Why not compare wt success w catholic church success? Its works about as good as your comparison does.

S

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

If you and you lack of meaningful contribution or discussion is any indication....it is a quality vs quantity thing. :)

Honestly bud. The "ex-JW community" is a support group, not a religion. It isn't trying to "match success". Simply trying to get people to think for themselves. There are many REGULAR visitors to this site that still attend meetings, have tested their faith, remain in the org for their own personal reasons. Their choice. It isn't a win or a loss. It just is what it is.

I am the same person I was 9 months ago when I walked out of a hall not neccesarily knowing it would be the last time. I have the same moral code, the same love of others, the same if not better function of charity.......do you honestly think God now views me as wicked despite none of those key moral attributes changing?

Once again my mislead friend. I realize you said you would leave this "wicked forum", but if/when you decide to come back, have any real questions or concerns, or even question a key foundational teaching.....the people here will welcome you and talk about it. its a shame JW's do not offer the same policy as those they have vilified.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Jws are 1/10th Of 1% of the worlds population.

Name one thing that the Jws have done that a secular group could not have accomplished.

Believing with all your heart and soul that you are part of a gods one chosen religion can do wonders in getting people to work their hearts and souls for the leaders of the group so yes the are some large numbers in printing etc, but in reality, nothing supernatural about it at all. Its all in their minds, and obviously it seems to be enough.

A a side note: Is a Proverbs 4:18 considered a prophecy showing how in the last days the leaders of gods chosen religion has to continually change their teachings due to god giving these leaders incorrect information? And if so, what is the reason that god would not have given them the correct information the first time so that those, like us, that do research will read these false incorrect claims and decide that a god would not do this as it would cause people to doubt this group as having the truth.

If a teaching has been changed and the latest teaching is considered the "Present Truth" could you say that the prior beleif is a "past lie"?

Could you guarantee that there would not be any other changes to the doctrine? If not, then you are admitting that what is being taught now could be wrong. Could you be making life and death decisions based on this wrong information. Could you let yourself or a loved one die due to the no blood policy only to find out that the policy changed soon afterward?

NJY

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Does the number of increase in the JWs indicate jehovahs blessing and direction? Does it prove that the WT is god's chosen organization?

If so, then the JWs are very... VERY far down the list among Christian religions. Besides, ex-JWs are not cult members... JWs are. Cults attract and retain members through mind control. People come to this site confused, angry and sad. We help each other through our hard times caused by the cult, the. Most move on with their lives. The only time an ex-JW talks to another person about JWs is when they're warning them to stay away! This religion is poison. All religion is poison. The sooner the world reizes that, the sooner we can move on as a race.

But.. Please, continue

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

SFPW, Your post is a perfect example of a non-scientific evaluation. It also perfectly demonstrates confirmation bias in action.

• How are raw number evidence of "success" when it comes to disseminating religious teachings? If they are, then Roman Catholicism, Judaism and Islam (and a large number of other religious sects) all have JWs beat.
    • I, on the other hand, define "success" somewhat differently than you do. If I can teach 1 person to think for themselves, I firmly believe that I have been more "successful" than if I have convinced 7 million people to believe in lies and unquestioningly follow hypocritical leaders.

YMMV

• prologos
    prologos

there is an Organisation tool out: "Who are doing Jehovah's Will today"

of course any well organized group can accomplish things: if labor is cheap, the workers are motivated by zeal, elevated goals.

but this community here is about the substance and not the shell.

Although the sea SHELLS you collect on the beach are fascinating artifacts.

Where is the core VALUES of the great organisational feats of the past, the pyramids, the temples, the extend of the empires?

Even the core of the Christian Congregation's teachings is eroded, because the reason for its existence to serve its' members has been subverted to serve the "ORGANISATION".

Shell games, doctrinal.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

MindNumbed: I didn't know there was a competition.

Indeed, one way of understanding our history as humans is that it is the story of competing belief systems.

• dazed but not confused
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

Well, isn't that special.

The reason there are no major ex JW accomplishments, is that there is no united ex JW group, we are all unique individuals. The people here and in the other groups are just a tiny fraction of the number of ex Jehovah's Witnesses. Individually our accomplishments are great, we have learned critical thinking skills, found friends who like us as we are, gotten over the abuses of a high control religion, gained emotional balance, learned to live, laugh and love, free of feeling guilty for not meeting the impossible goals of the heartless organization. In short, we have gotten on with our lives, and wonderfully so.

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

Exactly what kind of mind would find it necessary to compare two completely opposite formats of groups with two completely different purposes?

And I'm asking... seriously. Why would anyone try to link the two?

If there was a hazardous waste contamination area that needed to be contained, then a single entrance and "cleaning" area would need to be established to help those who are in the dangerous area to exit safely before each person takes off to their own homes, apartments, families, or go out for drinks with friends. Your complaint would be why the funneled cleaning area isn't as large as the contamination area... and why people aren't just help up in the showers for all eternity.

EX-JW sites like this one are JUST the cleaning areas and resource centers. Eventually, we get lives and realize that creepy religion as no more place in our lives... and revisiting the pointless direction that religion takes has no real bearing anymore. So we move on. Some of us stick around to help others clean (we are like the people who stick around after the party to help the host clean up the house). Some of us come back with more information, some of us come back with more questions.

The point of the funnel is not to stick around an wallow in the sick of the JWs, but clean ourselves and walk on past... not looking back (insert Lot's wife example here). Ex-JWS are not a religion... it's the chill-down room of the religion ... so that we can eventually go on to be whatever we were meant to be before that church f'ed everything up.

How did that core concept get missed?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit