The reason behind why the ex-JW community can never match Jehovah's Witnesses' success.

by Stand for Pure Worship 187 Replies latest jw friends

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

Wow SFPW, very diverse.

You ignored to mention that 14 % of JWs are divorced, highest among all faiths! So much for Jehavah hates a divorce.

Also, 19% have less than a high school education. Hmm second highest. I wonder why??

• Suraj Khan
    Suraj Khan

You folks like to twist people's words to suit your own agendas.

My agenda here, if I have one, is to bear personal witness to what I endured and continue to endure. If that's offended you, I apologize.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

but I have to question even if it's true that something like 2/3 of those born into the Christian congregation end up leaving at some point, how many end up coming back?

Was that a retorical question? Or were you going to say something totally bogus like " all the time" or "most of them"with no backing? Who cares if they come back?! Obviously many of us here are not going back.

And the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society has never done that, right?

Tell me SFTW, what is our agenda?

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

SFPW Don't know where to begin -

• jgnat
    jgnat

I have to question even if it's true that something like 2/3 of those born into the Christian congregation end up leaving at some point, how many end up coming back? - SFPW

That's the great thing about a carefully composed report, by statisticians. They explain carefully how they come up with the numbers. This retention rate is a snapshot in time. As children are being born in to the Witnesses, there are Witnesses dying, Witnesses leaving, converts baptized, and yes, disaffected members returning. But at any point in time, the membership will be made up of about 37% non-converts (born in). Compare that to Hindus, for which 84% remain in the religion of their birth. (Page 30 of the Pew report).

http://religions.pewforum.org/pdf/report-religious-landscape-study-full.pdf

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Remember that you came to us and started this thread to preach to us heathens, so who has the agenda here?

Fair point, but those people are probably much farther along in deprogramming. It took quite a few shocks to my system to wipe the smugness off my face.

Very true.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

My agenda in life is to be happy. I come here because I get to discuss topics, meet people who go through many of the things I've gone through and sometimes vent. Although my opinions and views differ form many here we can discus without fear. Ive participated in discussions and I've presented my views. However, I have not come here to teach, I have not come here to change anyone's views and I dont judge others for thier personal opinions. All I ask from anyone is to try understand understand my views, not to accept them

You, SFTW, however come here to point your finger as if you were asked to.

Why?

You are participating in exactly the kind of things your religion warns against. Fruitless discussions. Did not the apsotle Paul warn you not to do this? Does not your Governing Body tell you to stay away?

But you cant can you? The high you get from arguing is too great isnt it? The feeling of one upping people, having sly comebacks and using scriptures to display your self righteousness is just too addicting right? Clearly you have showed everyone what your agenda is.

Face it SFTW, you are not the first, you are not the last and your definitely not the best.

• pbrow
    pbrow

suraj,

I agree completely. These threads are exactly why the GB does not want jdubs interacting with people on the internet. These jdub apologists come on, leave a few comments, and the threads blow up with thoughful and logical reasoning as to why the jdub teachings are so misguided. When you are hit in the face over and over and over and over again with logical responses and all you can come up with is "no, the governing body is not in charge of anything" it helps lurkers to see that something is terribly wrong with their religion.

SFTW.... I say keep it up. Fight the good fight. I hope you come to your senses and realize what true freedom is, but if you dont, your posts are helping many people realize what a farce these fundamentalist religions are.

Carry on.......

pbrow

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

SFTW.... I say keep it up. Fight the good fight. I hope you come to your senses and realize what true freedom is, but if you don't, your posts are helping many people realize what a farce these fundamentalist religions are.

Ditto.. thats why I've always said let JW apologists come here to this open forum where discussion and debate can openly proceed.

To openly discuss the JWS is to reveal just how LIKE MANY OTHER religious cults use coercive lies, ignorance and corruption to lure

people to their own control and manipulation.

Of course something unique with the JWs is that the WTS. used their own published literature to accomplish this feat.

Unfortunately SFPW has yet to realize whats been done to him.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Or yet another choice. I actually believe that SFPW actually just comes here to play devil's advocate and create a commotion. I truly don't think he believes in the Watchtower organization himself.

I've thought so also Redvip2000. Especially since s/he injects assertions into his comments that are so ridiculous they demand a response (if one thought the commentor truly believed that way).

With that said, threads such as this one supply valuable information for lurkers, so he is doing the ex-JW community a service nonetheless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit