The reason behind why the ex-JW community can never match Jehovah's Witnesses' success.

by Stand for Pure Worship 187 Replies latest jw friends

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

Tornapart, again, and hopefully this answers Jhine who I find to be quite bothersome, but again what you pasted was not a commandment, it was a warning, or a very strong suggestion, but NOT a commandment!!

Data-Dog, I didn't copy and paste anything, you just didn't like the answer.

Fink, the reason why I come here is because admittedly I share some of the same grievances held by a minority of posters here. I'm not quite ready to divulge what those might be, maybe sometime in the future.

Jgnat, I took note of the low retention rate of our faith, but I have to question even if it's true that something like 2/3 of those born into the Christian congregation end up leaving at some point, how many end up coming back?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Fink, the reason why I come here is because admittedly I share some of the same grievances held by a minority of posters here. I'm not quite ready to divulge what those might be, maybe sometime in the future.

Since your already here why not reveal some of those grievances ?

People here are quite honest and articulate when it comes to exposing the truth on subject matters.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Well, if you have some grievances, then that makes some sense. I guess we'll just have to wait till you're ready to talk about them. You do realise though, that a number of apologists come here and other websites and end up either going back feeling even more disturbed than they already are or becoming fully 'apostate'.

However, I'm sure we'll all be more than happy to help you to fully awaken... you surely can't fail to see all the problems that there are. Even my elder hubby can (and he wouldn't visit this site).

• Suraj Khan
    Suraj Khan

Why are we feeding the troll people?!

Either SFPW is genuine and is a 'faithful' witness (who has ignored the counsel about apostate sites and doubts his god's ability to deal with us without his (SPFW's) help)

OR they are mischief-making and/or attention seeking. Either way, we should probably just ignore them.

I disagree. I think the dialogue is vitally important for lurkers and fence-sitters to read. We won't and shouldn't seek to 'win' arguments here, but if this conversation gives any illumination to passersby about the true state of decay of the JW Organization (and the slavish, unthinking devotion of its adherents) then words here are well spent.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

I come here is because admittedly I share some of the same grievances held by a minority of posters here.

If you have grievances, why come here, with such arrogance, why not ask questions instead of dogging those that have chosen to leave for probably some of same issues you have with Watchtower? You're approach and screen name are paradoxical.

• Suraj Khan
    Suraj Khan

If you have grievances, why come here, with such arrogance, why not ask questions instead of dogging those that have chosen to leave for probably some of same issues you have with Watchtower?

In fairness to him, my attitude would have been the same way 25 years ago. It's amazing what you're insensible to when you're convinced you have the truth.

I would add that my older brother, who I understand is an elder (we haven't spoken in 23 years, since I was shunned) is probably the most brilliant person I know. Intelligence does not equal ability to escape the trappings of the Organization.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

In fairness to him, my attitude would have been the same way 25 years ago. It's amazing what you're insensible to when you're convinced you have the truth.

It's really not an excuse, there are many new ones that come here all the time, that at least have the humility and decency to not preach to us about the WT.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

(Regarding a "loyal" JW coming on this site: )

So obviously you don't believe it's wrong to do.

So you don't believe that the GB are to be obeyed?

This means you are now one of us... an apostate.

NOW THAT"S FUNNY! GREAT POINT!

Doc

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

You folks like to twist people's words to suit your own agendas.

• Suraj Khan
    Suraj Khan

It's really not an excuse, there are many new ones that come here all the time, that at least have the humility and decency to not preach to us about the WT.

Fair point, but those people are probably much farther along in deprogramming. It took quite a few shocks to my system to wipe the smugness off my face.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit