The reason behind why the ex-JW community can never match Jehovah's Witnesses' success.

by Stand for Pure Worship 187 Replies latest jw friends

• brinjen
    brinjen

Wow. More JW's than Scientolgists eh? Learn something new every day.

As for the original poster's argument... who here is trying to create a religion, corporation or compete with any pre-existing ones?

That's right... no one. We have better things to do with our time.

• jhine
    jhine

SFPW , again you have not answered any of the specific points raised , the re- writing of history about 1914 and 1975 for example , the inserting of words into Holy Scripture to alter it's meaning , the mis-quoting of sources , especially the Early Church Fathers, in literature .

You state that the eight imperfect men do not have authority but only make" suggestions ". Then in another post you say that disagreeing with their "suggestions " is a disfellowshipping offence , so they have no authority , only enough to kick to out for not agreeing with them .!!

Think , Think , Think for a second about that last bit , no all of it .

Your reasoning is flawed and rambling , apply some logic to what you are saying .

Jan

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

SPFW - I was like you once - defending the J Dubs...... Take it from me - it is futile.... Its a man made religion plain and simple.

When i first came here I was still an elder with the JW helmet on, but in time reality set in.

It is a massive transition from being in to coming out - but me and Mrs Scotsman have no regrets whatsoever.

If you are happy being in, this is fine by me - but do not try an defend the org...

• designs
    designs

Diest- speaking in tongues is way more entertaining than the Service Meeting

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

The reason behind why the ex-JW community can never match Jehovah's Witnesses' success

and you give some examples of the success and mention Acts 5. so I assume your saying the reason for the success is God and why the ex-Jw community can never match Jehovah's Witnesses' success is because of this.

when i was baptised Watchtower identified Jehovah's Witnesses, 'those dedicated, baptized proclaimers of God's kingdom, who have been anointed with His spirit for their work.' as a modern day composite Ezekiel.

they also showed that Ezekiel was authenicated as a prophet and witness of Jehovah by the prophesy coming true and say this

'Is this not something thrilling for us to contemplate, namely, the fulfillment of this prophetic drama within our generation? It will be definitely indicated when the "great tribulation," like the siege against Jerusalem , begins upon her modern-day counterpart, Christendom.'

this did not happen within the generation that was identified by Jehovah's Witnesses at the time of my baptism and so from their words i understand they were not authenicated as a prophet and witness of Jehovah.

that's how i see it Stand for pure worship.

the numbers that you give of building work and printing don't do much for me. of course i could be wrong and maybe you would like to comment on what i've said and tell me.

(quotes from The Nations Shall Know That I am Jehovah- How? WTB&TS 1971)

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

my ex JW community is working out just fine thanks. I have friends that love me unconditionally, I have freedom, I know the truth about all religions (including JW), I am SO much happier.

So now it doesn't match the organisation. It trumps it by far.

• tornapart
    tornapart

SFPW, forget about the numbers. Why is always about numbers. It's people that matter. This time last year a member of this board hanged himself because he couldn't cope with being shunned. It shocked all of us. Tell me, have you ever been 'sent to Coventry' as a child? Have you ever felt as if nobody loves you? Have you ever felt totally isolated? Jesus said you would know his followers by the love they show towards each other. Where's the love in shunning? We were all shocked and stunned when we found out about 'Oopah'. If you want statistics, how about counting the numbers of exJWs who've been ravaged emotionally by the practice of shunning.

Watch this video that Cedars made and then tell me you feel no emotion....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67A0Imd6dng

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

The reason the ex jw community isn't having the same success is...they're not trying to...

• frogonmytoe
    frogonmytoe

Why are we feeding the troll people?!

Either SFPW is genuine and is a 'faithful' witness (who has ignored the counsel about apostate sites and doubts his god's ability to deal with us without his (SPFW's) help)

OR they are mischief-making and/or attention seeking. Either way, we should probably just ignore them.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

No one can match my JW success. No one...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit