ELDERS STEPPING DOWN

by ADJUSTMENTS 71 Replies latest jw experiences

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I stepped down on 2 different occasions, the latest being 5 years ago. My second go around as an elder was to try to be a voice of reason. Of 8 judicial disfellowshipping committee matters, I voted NO every time.

eyeuse2badub

• Mellow
    Mellow

I stepped down from being a servant two years ago or so. Said I just couldn't do it anymore, couldn't give my reasons because they would have switched off to my mentally diseased reasoning. However I remember the announcement being pretty brutal. I stepped down of my own accord but then rumours started spreading and people stopped talking to me. It was like holy shit get over yourselves. So many pious back stabbing people in the org.

However I was approached by an elder not long after and he was asking my advice whether he should step down or not. It was a strange conversation for sure. But I think he will be doing so or a least has done since I stopped attending a few months back. I know my dad has wanted to step down numerous times. But he stayed on so he could attend the annual meeting. So at least he has his shiny new bible that he can use on the platform while all the other hardworking brothers and sisters get to use their inferior black ones.

• blondie
    blondie

Mellow, it's a dull, gray Bible. So why does he want to step down, for spiritual reasons based on insight into the real WTS or personal ones?

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I imploded my appointment as a servant about a year ago. Maybe a bit more than that. They told me they wanted to see me on saturday more, I told them i wanted to see them on Sunday more. It was kind of hilarious. I really went for the throat in those meetings. As I see it now, I was just using anger as an excuse to do what i wanted to do.....not be in that posision anymore. Once I wasn't, it was easier for me to leave.

I had a conversation with someone where I expressed doubts about the generation teaching and called the Watchtower an editorial on scripture, NOT inspired dogma. Well wouldn't you know it, that got me in trouble? Its before I knew to take it easy on this stuff.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

steve2 - "I hear that in many congregations there is a dearth of suitable candidates..."

There was one story floating around a while back about a DFed former elder who was approached by the local BOE, and "encouraged" to pursue reinstatement, with the suggestion (carrot) that he could actually achieve elder appointment himself within a relatively short time afterwards.

The bottom of the barrel is starting to get scraped more and more.

• Splash
    Splash

Most elders I know are old and worn out.

If they are not old, they are just worn out.

Splash.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I thought this would be a good thread to bump.

Two years later, is anyone seeing Elders still stepping/or wanting to step down?

• dbq407
    dbq407
    I'm hoping we lose some soon. Out of the 5 elders, 3 are 60+, and the other two are pushing 60. One they rarely use because he is too old and his talks are terrible as well as his reading.
  • millie210
    millie210

In our local area we had one elder deleted - he was a troublemaker and got caught.

Three left in other ways. 2 moved and didnt seek reappointment and one just stopped serving - no explanation.

So that would be 4 gone since this thread started two years ago just in my area.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    the cobe in my old hall stopped said he was being overused. Every one in the hall that needed help was calling just him for help. Apparently a lot of people. Jehovah's people are so happy and blessed wonder why they needed so much help? Baaaa. Also another elder died another moved and another moved to another kingdom hall near by and is now not associating with anyone at the old hall. But that's not surprising when people leave one hall they often stop associating with the old friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit