ELDERS STEPPING DOWN

by ADJUSTMENTS 71 Replies latest jw experiences

• suavojr
    suavojr

It's a busniness and cult!

• ADJUSTMENTS
    ADJUSTMENTS

They use the word "deleted" so to the congregation it sounds authoritative and casts the brother in suspicious light even if the brother did step down for a valid reason, so that in turn causes other brothers to not want to step down for fear they will be cast a suspicious light... It's a cult tactic!

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

When they announced my deletion, they just said. brother xxxx is no longer serving as an Elder.

My family stood by me, and I really appreciated their support. I couldn't even talk about the reason. That it was because some of my family members were not doing over 10 hrs a month in FS.

I kept my dignity, because the position wasn't that important to me. I do know of certain ones that would be devastated if this happened to them.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

The announcement is as others have said - Brother xxxx is not longer serving as a MS/Elder.

Hate to say it but I think the WTS is dammed if they do and dammed if they don't on this one.

If they showed some appreciation to those stepping down, thanking them for their hard work then it would be very obvious when they didn't do that if someone was removed for some kind of misconduct. If they publicly announced that someone had been removed for some kind of misconduct then they would be open to all sorts of problems.

They take a line of "treat everyone the same and say nothing" and then get stick for that. It can make tounges wag but that's par for the course in the congregation anyway.

• itscrap&theyknowit!
    itscrap&theyknowit!

I, too believe, that they do not wish for these "elders" to step down. Be it needs of the family or brithers just becoming disenchanted with the BORG, the beans will eventually spill. A few brothers that i know personally that have 'stepped down', in the beginning, would never tell of the inner machinations of the Borg.. As time went on, they did began to 'spill the beans'.

And, when I say, "spill the beans", I mean it. I am sooooooooooo glad that my eyes have been opened and now know that I was correct with my decision all along.

• ADJUSTMENTS
    ADJUSTMENTS

ICTKI I wish I would have known a long time ago! But the Elders don't spill the beans right away because they still believe that the FDS appointed them and they better not speak against the FDS our they will loose Gods love! So until some of them some time later realize they are still alive and breathing and their lives havent fallen apart only then do they become comfortable to open up and as you said spill the beans!!! Lol

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

An elder I knew wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer but he worked his socks off in the congregation caring for the physical & sometimes financial needs of the bros & sisters.

Due to health reasons he asked to come off being a elder.

When the announcement was made that Brother ****** is no longer an elder there was not one word of thanks from the rostrum for all he had done.

Also another kept saying he needed to step down ( I know he was finding all the parts, talks & FS too demanding & was mentally near meltdown). Finally the other elders agreed & it was announced that he had been removed as an elder.

Aaaaawh can you feel the love?

So Christlike isn't it.

• factfinder
    factfinder

marked

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

The members put two and two togeather when they see this brother freely commenting at meetings, or, when he is invited to offer prayer on behalf of the congregation. Then the assumption that there was no wrongdoing is satisfied.

• steve2
    steve2

It's instructive that currently appointed elders find it so difficult to step down. Among other things, it highlights the difficulties in many congregations of finding suitable replacements. I hear that in many congregations there is a dearth of suitable candidates, reflecting the sorry state of the organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit