ELDERS STEPPING DOWN

by ADJUSTMENTS 71 Replies latest jw experiences

• L3G
    L3G

I know of an elder who stepped down and not for any wrongdoing. He could no longer stomach the corruption and politics. Of course, the others on the BOE and the CO tried to talk him out of it, but like Captain Blithering above, he kept to his guns. He made sure he was appointed a MS so the congo would know that he was not guilty of any wrongdoing. Officially he used the excuse of family responsibilities due to his many children (all his kids were comfortably in good standing in the congo). In reality he hated all the politics and he knew TTATT--he'd read Ray Franz and CO Jonsson. But he couldn't leave. His wife could never handle TTATT, nor could his kids. He wanted the protection the borg provides to them. He said that handing over the Paying Attention Yourselves to All the Flock book was like turning in his badge. The other elders had heartfelt pity for him... The whole thing was educational, and entertaining, to watch.

Who knows? Maybe he's here reading this now!

I know another elder who was a major local player, tall, handsome, had been pioneering for years, was always on the CA & DC, etc. He was forced off the BOE due to his rebellious kids. The guy was devastated. His entire life had been the glory of the borg, and now he had none. Yet another retired, ex-CO I know was removed for problems in the business world. He too was devastated, even to the point of serious health problems. I tried to convince him not to put all his eggs i one basket by making his eldership the central focus in his life. When I tried to broach TTATT to him indirectly, he let me know he wasn't interested. His wife was almost equally humiliated, heartbroken, and resentful toward the borg. "How could they treat my husband like that?"

Aren't we glad we're no longer part of all such tragic drama?

• Calebs Airplane
  • dazed but not confused
  • dqFreedom
    dqFreedom

My experiance in 2012 when I returned to the ORG:

I was offered by the Elders, a Very Quick ReInstatement of All my 'Titles' and 'Privledges'- Dispite the Little Fact that I had been Completely Inactive for over 16 YEARS! There is a Desperation for Qualified Willing Males- I was Shocked and Put Off that they would Fast Track my privilages-

In 6 weeks I was Approved for Field Service.

In 13 weeks I was Completely OUT For Good.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I know one Elder that recently moved to my legalistic KH, maybe a year ago, that is already been ran out. Another long-timer who was present to witness the atrocities of my many Elder's meetings, told me privately that he is thinking of moving out too. Both these Elders are fairly normal, caring individuals, and mild mannered. I imagine that they cannot effect any change with the stronger sociopathic personalities of the SS. There are Elders in my KH who rule the BOE, no doubt about it. So in the minds of the "good" Elders, the only option is to go to a different KH. How long before they realize that every KH is infected with the cancer of the Pharisees? Jehovah has left the building....

It's designed that way. For decades the WTBTS has equated spirituality with unquestioning loyalty to an organization. In the end they will be left with corporate yes-men. Those men will polish the brass as the Organization sinks. It's really sad.

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

I was in a cong for years that was very well know for corrupt elders. So much so that it became a bit of a joke amongst many of the R&F. If any elder lost their position for any wrong doing in another congregation, they moved into our congregation. Within weeks, they become an elder. We had some elders who were appointed that tried to do the right thing. But they had to go along with corruption, step down or move to another congregation to serve. They were left feeling defeated. As you can imagine, we had many problems. If u sucked up to the corrupt elders, you were left alone. If not, u were picked on. That was when I started missing meetings and decreased the time I spent out witnessing. Took me a few years before I became totally inactive...

How can these elders be appointed by god's spirit? This was when I started questioning this Religion....

• jwleaks
  • ADJUSTMENTS
    ADJUSTMENTS

Thank you JWLEAKS!

• besty
    besty

If I was an elder wanting to resign I would inform the CoBE of my decision. End of story.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

It was hard to resign. These guys are like the Mafia, once you're in the only way out is by death or disgrace.

I love the fact that the Society has to "approve" the resignation for personal reasons, but doesn't have to if the Elder is being removed for judicial reasons. It is all about control.

I imagine that they are pretty suspicious about brothers stepping down with the recent wave of apostasy over the past 5 years.

SIAM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit