ELDERS STEPPING DOWN

by ADJUSTMENTS 71 Replies latest jw experiences

• blondie
    blondie

My husband was told he couldn't resign, the elders/CO/WTS made that decision.

He gave the COBOE at his house, his elders manual, the TMS stuff, and the accounts. He said the same thing to him...."Well, then when I don't get up for the school, don't collect the donations, you will look pretty foolish." His resignation was accepted then.

• LogCon
    LogCon

Oubliette said:

It's reassuring that a person does not need the Society's approval for being deleted as an elder when the reason was their death. What a loving provision from Jehovah!

That may change !

• 88JM
    88JM

3 elders stepped down (including the COBOE who had been so for 20+ years) in the neighbouring congregation about 18 months ago here. I suspected something was going on, though I didn't know for sure. But this weekend I finally got a chance to speak to the ex-COBOE at the assembly. As he described it, there was some "sillyness" going on and he just couldn't put up with it. The last C.O. was a bit of a shit-stirrer, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was due to him.

• bnybyt
    bnybyt

@88jm, there's a lot of that sort... COs who are "shit-stirrers". Momma WT likes it that way!

@blondie, when an elder steps down without the consent of the CO and BOE that's when the rumors start, badmouthing the poor brother.

• blondie
    blondie

bnybnt, no gossip, he had the goods on the COBOE who realized that when you pointed a finger at someone 3 pointed back at you.

• sir82
    sir82

How beneficent of the Society, that a dead elder does not need to ask their permission to relinquish his duties.

Although, based on some public talks I've heard, someone ought to make this information more widely known.....

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Brother Snitch: "I'm sorry to disturb you but I just got word that Brother Bradley wishes to step down."

CO: "This cannot happen. Handle it."

• donny
    donny

Do they now make a distingtion between stepping down and removed via the announcement? When I stepped down as a MS for about a year, they announced that "Brother Donny has been deleted as a Ministerial Servant." That irked me since it sounded like I had been removed without my consent.

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

@donny - Regardless whether it's a removal or a resignation, the announcement is that So-and-so is no longer a (whatever position). It's a cold announcement and can often get the congregation wondering, "Oooh, what did he do?" If the brother giving the announcement has the forethought and heart to soften the tone, he may add something like, "We appreciate their service to the congregation."

• steve2
    steve2

"Brother Donny has been deleted as a Ministerial Servant."

Yikes! Did they actually use the verb "deleted"? It sounds shy of your being annihilated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit