Poster country flags and privacy

by Simon 263 Replies latest forum announcements

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

Simon

You could put the province and even the small city I live in Canada and it still wouldn't identify me. That's only because I was careful of the info I have posted and I really don't have that much to loose if someone where to find out who I was.

I could post some of my past history here without giving any location and people would know immediately who I was. But if  the previous posters had been under the assumption that someday their location might become known they probably would have posted differently.   

• Greener
    Greener

Without contributing members, there is no forum.

Why not show respect to the members here, and make this a democratic decision? Have a month long poll here, with a clear question, and respect the result?

Playing god, the grand poohbah imperial president, or GB type won't cut it. 

• Simon
    Simon
    Simon, you have already made up your mind about all of this? The vast majority who have responded here are against the flags.

I think you are possibly counting the same vocal people over and over again.

So what was the point of all this discussion. It seemed that there was a forgone conclusion. No one was going to change your view.

The point was to see what people thought and whether there were any factors that I had overlooked. The argument 'against' seems to rely on people already revealing who they are to the point that the country being the revealing factor is a big claim to make and I think a false one.

Also, no one has addressed the issue that there are other easier and more direct ways of finding someone's much more precise location and possibly their identity. It would seem to weaken someone's claim of how important it is if they dismiss and ignore other more real threats.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Guess where I'm from!

• Simon
    Simon

Wait, no true Englishman would use an incorrect Union Jack flag - gab the imposter! LOL

http://www.jdawiseman.com/papers/union-jack/union-jack.html

Ah, deckchairs and a pebble beach - it's just missing sideways rain and inverted umbrellas for the English seaside experience to be complete. What could be more enjoyable than a walk along Blackpool prom? (no, please don't list them all - there isn't space).

• coalize
    coalize
    Worthing, West sussex?
  • Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

yah.. loaded language.. I love loaded language, it makes the argument so much better.

Simon started this topic to get input on the flag-feature. Now we are giving him our input and as best as i can tell the majority of posters on here support the idea that there should be an option to hide ones true flag -- exactly what the "small" group of so-called "intransigent" posters have argued all along. Do you feel this is somehow bad? 

There may be many posts against but I am not sure that makes a majority of posters. I think that the word intransigence covers it.  The same argument is made over and over, wash, rinse, repeat.  In the absence of a GB, someone has to make a decision.  The use of many words, the repeat of the same basic argument doesn't make it any stronger. Who would you suggest makes the decision bohm?

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Yes, Simon, that flag is not technically correct.

As it happens I live on the south coast.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR
    Coalize - just seen your post - you nailed it!
  • Greener
    Greener

Many here are frustrated as this guy doesn't appear to be really listening or taking into account any of the very reasoned and well thought out arguments against the flags. He just repeats that HE is not convinced.

The bottom line for me is this. He never received my permission to display my country flag. So on principle, he shouldn't do it. Make the display a choice. Hello?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit