Poster country flags and privacy

by Simon 263 Replies latest forum announcements

• One Last Kiss
    One Last Kiss

Teehee LUHE, now you need to prepare to be inundated by jw meanies! 

Some posters asking for it to be an option seem to be confused by its purpose, making it optional would render it redundant!

We need to get back to what matters most, namely, I want a pirate flag! Gimme gimme!

• Greener
    Greener

LoveUniHateExams

You went to the trouble of going through my posting history, but apparently haven't actually read any/some of my posts in this topic. If you had, you would know what my issues are with this and in my case, it has nothing to do with being IDed by anyone 

• bohm
    bohm

One last kiss  :  do you know what a proxy is? Scammers do.

Also notice I am not calling you a menie

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I want one of these: 

[ nazi flag removed ]

I always thought they looked rather swish. 

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Threads like "Share your Bethel Experiences" will disappear.

In threads on criminal JWs, nobody will share the experience of a" XXXX at our hall XXXX  ago who XXXX a XXXX and when the XXXX complained about the XXXX the XXXX had to XXXX into the XXXX and he was XXXX for XXXX and XXXX to XXXX."

Pedophilia issues will become  anonymous because nobody has the confidence to talk about what actually happened to them.

If I put in those omitted details, simply by listing the country, you can trace the congregation, then line up a couple of other details and BINGO. because such things are not common to most congregations.  You wouldn't even have to give the name of the XXXX who XXXX, but thankfully his XXXX was not printed in the papers.

Alcoholics will only talk in generalities.  Struggling unhappy homosexuals will not share their issues and get support. Battered women struggling to escape the abusive elder husband, whose JC already interviewed her for walking out on him.  The list could be endless...

Basically we are being told and I quote: "don't bother posting anymore" if you want to talk about specific issues that affect you PERSONALLY.

Yet the site ethos says we can talk freely about issues related to the JWs.  (Presumably as long as we don't share ANY relevant personal experience.)

This  forum is in danger of becoming one where people argue about doctrines, or share recipes, or say what they saw the witnesses at the apathy trolley doing on Wednesday.

People facing a JC will not even risk asking for support here - they would be and I quote: "naive" to share details of their situation, as there is a chance some evil elder WILL go to the trouble of looking through his previous posts (now laid out on a plate - courtesy the new site).

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

LoveUniHateExams

I am glad that flag was removed. The day that flag is proudly displayed here is the last time I ever visit this site again.

• One Last Kiss
    One Last Kiss

I think LoveUni was just channelling his inner Prince Harry :/

Anyhoo...So have there been many incidences on this site of members being hoodwinked by shady people, Nigerian or otherwise?
  • hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

"Stop making a mountain out of a mole hill".

For some of us it is our mountain being belittled as a molehill.

It depends on just how traumatiXed (sorry I am now very worried over spelling issues too!) you have been by the WTBTS.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Simon  - 

Are you going to count the thousands of others signed up on this board - who have not bothered to post their view as YES or NO voters?

There are posters on this thread who say they don't care, or are quite happy to have a flag. Is this a vote, or just a big argument with a foregone conclusion?

• Skipper12
    Skipper12

I don't post much, I'm more of a reader. I'll throw in my opinion on the matter for what it's worth. Had the country been a public matter on the forum, I think I wouldn't have registered. Put yourself in the lurkers shoes and think from their perspective, lots of paranoia. You would have to explain this thing and post that wikipedia article over and over again. To those who will join after all. At least they will have a choice. What about all those that already did it and now are going to have this revealed against their will ?

I understand the point that the country is usually a poor identifier if you live in populated JW countries. In my case, where there are less than 40k jw in my country, saying that you are a doctor (like someone else already mentioned) pretty much nails you. If the country is not revealed, that could be anywhere in the world. You can reduce the 40k number in my example very much. I would say only about a tenth of those or even less could write/read english. And you could further reduce that number pretty easily. I suspect the experiences that would still be posted would suffer a lot.

Remember that there are a lot of small countries in Europe with relative small JW populations. Sure, when the US flag shows, there's no big deal since there are 1 mil+ JW.

But will you take the risk to go forward with this and have one of the many posters here revealed ? One would be one too many already.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit