Today's WT Study (Who is the FDS - Sep 2013)

by ohnightdivine 88 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

@ SEARCH4TRUTH - The people who mostly quote Proverbs 4:18 are the liars who profess to have a closer relationship with God than you do, and whose fake "insights" have been so exposed that they now have to produce new fake insights to replace the old discredited ones.

By putting your faith in them and their teachings,, you become their disciple, not Christ's!

Do you believe this - "Our.........relationship with God depends on [the Governing Body]? (WT July 15th, p.20 par. 2)

God forgive all who blindly believe this effluent!!

There is "one Mediator between man and God", not 8 + 1!!

• caliber
    caliber

But they are just following the trusted rule " If it's new ...It must be true "

A more serious comment....

If Jesus chose men and appointed them as his discreet and faithful slave while they were celebrating pagan holidays and birthdays, smoking tobacco,

using the cross...etc...wouldn't it be presumptuous for appointed men to disfellowship someone for these same offences today?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

@ KRAMER - I may sound as if I'm being pedantic, but I have never come across a single Scripture which speaks of 144,000 thrones!

I remember that only 12 humans were promised thrones by Christ. Also, the original Greek (see Kingdom Interlinear) at Revelation 5:10 states quite clearly, only that they will reign (not rule as kings) and that they will be on the earth, not over it!

Those Greeks, they really know how to botch up a doctrine, don't they?

• caliber
    caliber

Searcher... your understanding is that there will be many prince's not kings right ?

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Searcher:

What about,

(Revelation 3:21) . . .To the one that conquers I will grant to sit down with me on my throne, even as I conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne.

144k all squashing on the one throne?

The '24 elders' get a throne each (Rev. 4:4).

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan
    somehow jesus got lost in the shuffle!

Jesus has been lost in the JW shuffle for probably over 20 years now.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Well..each member of the 144,000 gets to sit on the throne. They take turns.

24hrs per x 365= 8,760 hours in a year. 8,760hrs x 1,000 years [ millenial reign ] = 8,760,000 hrs. Divide that by 144,001 [ Jesus has to sit on the throne too ] and we get 60.8 hours for each King to occupy the throne! That is just above the hourly requirement to pioneer. So they will be setting the example, even in heaven! Don't forget, those are PERFECT hours of ruling, there's no time wasted on coffee and lunch-breaks.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

... and sleeping.

• caliber
    caliber

All good JW's must learn how to stuff all doubting thoughts and common sense reasoning in the mental recycle bin. It's the" Sparlock maneuver"

• DS211
    DS211

Its quite simple guys....the word "slave" is singular because its speaking about individuals.....not a collaborative...look again.

45 “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. 47Truly I say to YOU, He will appoint him over all his belongings.

him deniotes an individual. Now Jesus spoke about the evil slave as any individual who beats his slave. IT CORRELATES WITH 45-47 otherwise what in the heck did Jesus say it for.

48 “But if ever that evil slave should say in his heart, ‘My master is delaying,

Jesus is saying that what makes a slave evil is if he does the things after verse 4

49 and should start to beat his fellow slaves and should eat and drink with the confirmed drunkards, 50 the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect and in an hour that he does not know

I' was absolutely appauled when they described their idea pf the evil slave and clarification....it makes the twisting of these scriptures so obvious..and even condemns the current gb/fds, and humiliates their so-called anointed...i would be very interested to see or know how one of these anointed individuals reacted to that. and you dont hve to worry about all 144,000 getting thrones SEARCHER because only the 8 while collaboratively working will receive appointment over all...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit