Today's WT Study (Who is the FDS - Sep 2013)

by ohnightdivine 88 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Answers flowed freely, parroted right out of the watchtower with no thought or emotion. The iSheep were very accepting of the "wonderful adjustment in understanding" from their lords and saviors the GB of Jehovahs Witnesses. - XBEHERE

I just get the feeling from how you guys still going to the KH describe it that these poor people who parrot the answers are just paralyzed with fear of saying the wrong thing because the inquisition will be on them like a shot if they do. That means losing family and life-long friends as we all know. What a way to live, too frightened to speak up and emotionally blackmailed into staying. I feel for you guys who are fading I really do.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Jesus WILL delight to appoint them!! Really? So it's in the bag? The GB must have it made, because even though Jesus warned them about becoming an evil slave, it is impossible. So when the friends hear anything negative about the "Slave" it must be a lie, because Jesus said so.

So I guess this is old light:

WT 06/15/2009

The Correct Viewpoint 14) How should these anointed ones view themselves as they await their heavenly reward? They realize that although they have received a wonderful invitation, it is only that—an invitation. They must remain faithful until death in order to obtain this prize. In humility, they echo the words of Paul: “Brothers, I do not yet consider myself as having laid hold on it; but there is one thing about it: Forgetting the things behind and stretching forward to the things ahead, I am pursuing down toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God by means of Christ Jesus.” (Phil. 3:13, 14) The anointed remnant must do their utmost to ‘walk worthily of the calling with which they were called, with complete lowliness of mind,’ doing so “with fear and trembling.”—Eph. 4:1, 2; Phil. 2:12; 1 Thess. 2:12. WHERE IS THE HUMILITY?

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

DATADOG, ironic that they should liken themselves to Paul and have to forget the things behind and stretch forward to the things ahead. Paul had to 'forget' killing Christians and the GB, well look at all the blood- refusal deaths they caused before fractions became 'new light'. Not to mention all the people who gave up their youth, health, homes and money, in effect their lives because of the urgency of the times before the generation conveniently changed its meaning. No wonder they want to forget the things behind and move on from their appalling old light.

• caliber
    caliber

WT 06/15/200

14) How should these anointed ones view themselves as they await their heavenly reward? They realize that although they have received a wonderful invitation, it is only that—an invitation. They must remain faithful until death in order to obtain this prize. In humility, they echo the words of Paul: “Brothers, I do not yet consider myself as having laid hold on (~~~ Data-dog quote above )

contrasting new light view ....

Jesus will then
    DELIGHT
    in making the second appointment—over all his belongings

presumptious entitlement maybe ?

Not to mention all the people who gave up their youth, health, homes and money, in effect their lives because of the urgency of the times before the generation conveniently changed its meaning. No wonder they want to forget the things behind and move on from their appalling old light.

If the big A was just around the corner ( sprint race ) you could have shed all of your belong's but preparing for a Marathon is much different

• kramer
    kramer

assuming the earth can hold say 30bn, do we really need a king ^ judge for each 208 of us? especially as a fter the 1,000 years we will be perfect and will never sin again?

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

I had my special assembly day this past Saturday. I was told that most of the time the WT is done in a summary, but this time, they went through each question...Everybody just sat quiet, no parroting or anything like that, because is was an assembly, all we could do is just sit there & take it in.

If this system continues...don't think this won't change again. I think for years many thought that the GB's governed & the FDS fed....as one of them said they had understood it, but they also said, they don't understand the new light but......DRUM ROLL PLEASE....

THEY ARE GOING TO STAY...

What can you do, many have made their life the org. & they really have no where else to go.

Listen, obey & be blessed...I just listen (disobey AKA: Ain't gonna drink all that kool-aide) but in the hall, I obey what they write face to face then go home & say..What the heck? Blessed bcuz I feel blessed that Jehovah has given me good sense to see through most of the LIGHT....

My advice if you want to stay there for whatever the reasons are, keep shut.....God sees our hearts..& that in itself is a blessing...he won't be angry cuz many stayed, just angry that he revealed the lies & we still held on to them...didn't God, say, do not fear man...hmmm....if one get's DF'd for apostacy, that's can be one's departing line...I do not Fear MAN....they still may be DF'd but the Elders, will never forget it...How many got DF'd for apostacy because they saw the light before the org. Will the org. call them up & apologize.....just asking...

Legacy

• caliber
    caliber

How many got DF'd for apostacy because they saw the light before the org. Will the org. call them up & apologize.....just asking..

it's the sin of" presumption "and "running ahead"

When Watchtower predicted Armageddon in 1914 or the return of the ancient worthies in 1925; told young people not to get married or have children; not to go to College ; changed the generation teaching at least 5 times ;When the Governing Body started focussing on 1975; This was of course was done out of eagerness not running ahead of Jah

(A) You are to wait on Jehovah... which means waiting on the FDS.

Or answer (B) We are making enough blunders and needed retractions already... why would we want to add yours to the mixed not to mention every other Tom Dick snd Harry idea's? Isn't there enough confusion already ?

obedience to the point of absolute...beyond normal reason

What was the reaction to today's meeting ? Where are we meeting for lunch ?

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

I was observing with eyes wide open!

One elder began a comment and then stopped...said he was confused...

Two were corrected by the conductor when they refered to the 'faithful and discreet slave class'.

Other than that, it was a pretty typical WT study - except it went about 15 minutes overtime.

I had to remind myself that the people in attendance in their 20's were toddlers when the 'generation' definition changed in 1995. They know nothing about the change in baptismal questions in 1985, the Brooklyn headquarters clean-out of 'evil slaves' in 1980 and nothing about the WT's conclusion that 1975 marked the final year of 6000 years of human existence (with the very real threat of the beginning of the 'great tribulation').

Most took it all in stride - though some close friends and family are admitting the bizarreness of some of the conclusions.

ginger

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

We had low attendance and there were only about 6 brothers & sisters giving comments alternately. The elders, elders' wives.. the usual people who answer when no one else raises their hand.

The rest didn't seem to care. After the meeting, I could see mostly tired faces.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Oh, SNAP!!! There's more old light!!

WT 06/15/2009

The Faithful Steward and it's Governing Body [ brackets and comments added ]

9) In time, others were entrusted with weighty responsibilities. Paul and Barnabas, under the direction of holy spirit, were sent out as missionaries by the Antioch congregation. They also became known as apostles, although they were not included in the original 12. (Acts 13:1-3; 14:14; Gal. 1:19) Their appointment was confirmed by the governing body [ LOL!!!] in Jerusalem. (Gal. 2:7-10) Shortly after that, Paul had a part in dispensing spiritual food. He wrote his first inspired letter. 10) However, were all spirit-anointed Christians involved in overseeing the preaching work and in preparing spiritual food? No.[ Why not? The apostle Paul tells us: “Not all are apostles, are they? Not all are prophets, are they? Not all are teachers, are they? Not all perform powerful works, do they?” (1 Cor. 12:29) [ Who were dispensing spiritual food, and why? ] Although all spirit-begotten Christians engaged in the preaching work, only a very limited number—just eight different men—were used to write the 27 books of the Christian Greek Scriptures. So prior to 2012, Paul was part of the collective Faithful and Discreet Slave! Why?!? He was inspired by GOD to write a letter that became part of the inspired word of GOD!!! In fact, ALL the Bible writers were dispensing spiritual food if we follow that line of reasoning, because they were inspired by Holy Spirit to pen what became the Bible. But NOW, in 2013, if we follow the "logic" of the nu-light to it's "logical" conclusion.......DRUM-ROLL....... THE FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE, STARTING WITH RUTHERFORD AND ENDING WITH SANDERSON, ARE SUPERIIOR TO THE VERY WRITERS OF THE BIBLE. WHY!? THEY PRINT AND DISTRIBUTE LITERATURE BASED ON THE BIBLE. ONLY THE LITERATURE OF THE WTBTS, DISTRIBUTED BY THE WTBTS, IS SPIRITUAL FOOD ACCORDING TO NU-LITE. . Another question that must be answered is this, " Is the Bible spiritual food?" The Bible was NOT written by the GB and distributed by the WTBTS. It was written by non-FDS/GB 1st century men. So now we are to believe that when Peter stood before the Sanhedrin expounding on the OT, and explaining the identity of the Christ...HE WAS NOT PROVIDING SPIRITUAL FOOD, because what he taught was not written by the GB and distributed by the WTBTS. When you teach your children the golden rule from the Bible, when you comfort an Elderly person, when you cheer up a family member with a scripture, you are NOT GIVING THEM SPIRITUAL FOOD at the proper time [ HECK, not at ANY time ] according to the nu-light. If the Apostles quoted Jesus' teachings ( which they had to quite often because scrolls were not always available ) they were NOT dispensing spiritual food, the would have needed a WT magazine or the Harp of God. Evidently, NONE of the ancient congregations was dispensing spiritual food either. Paul's Missionary Journeys, nope... no spiritual food dispensed there, because only the GB from 1919 to present day fulfill the requirement of the WTBTS, that being the printing and the distributing of literature produced by the WTBTS. DID YOU GET THE POINT? DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit