Today's WT Study (Who is the FDS - Sep 2013)

by ohnightdivine 88 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

Please share how your WT study went today..

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

By the way, sorry about the other post.. how do I delete it?

Thanks.

• clarity
    clarity

Dear Ohnight ... you have about 30 minutes to correct so get moving! hahah

>

Look to the top right of your post .....click on that little yellow pencil.

Just start deleting the words you want removed!

You need to hit submit again.

clarity

• piztjw
    piztjw

All "answers" read from the paragraph with no thought.

Some afterward were so pleased with the "new" light and just beaming with all that light. I subtly asked a few what the opposite of true is. And if what was said this morning is true then what was what was taught last year? They just mumbled about the "light getting brighter." A few got downright hostile that anyone would dare ask a question to make someone think.

BTW, did anyone else notice a couple facts? A couple weeks ago in their time-line (pg 10-11) they had an order of events. In the written paragraphs (pg. 13) the order of events was written in a completely different order. A total contradiction within just two or three pages! And this week of course all were "reminded" that ...."our relationship with God depend(s) on [the Governing Body]" Notice the way I used brackets just like they do?

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

Did not go...sorry no feed back.

However where I work most are active JWs and no one is talking. At least not to me. There are X-BetAllLights, elders, ms, pioneers, oh and a few inactive ones like me. I have tried to talk about this months study articles but no one wants to talk...as of last week.

Maybe tomorrow will be different after this weeks Wt study. One of the older ones (62) said Friday he was hoping Armageddon would get here soon. So many in this age bracket and older still firmly believe they will be saved by past promises from Jehovah the Org.

SW

• prologos
    prologos

two important thinkers came forward after the meeting and were open enough to indicate that this was not a done thing and they too are working to come to serious conclusions on the whole house of cards (the chariot).

these are people with enough credentials that puts them above the fray that could endanger them locally.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Your question about what is the opposite of true reminded me of when 2 elders were at my door, uninvited askiing me why our family was not attending the meetings anymore and the rehearsed " depressed, tired, work" excuse went out the window and I mentioned the issue I was having with the 2010 change of the word generation.

Of course as I'm sure you an imagine, Proverbs 4:18 was touted and the term "present truth" was mentioned. That was my cue to ask if the current teaching is consider "present truth" what should the previous teaching be called. I said " If its not present, it must be "past",... And if its not "truth" it must be,.........". the elder I was talking to would not say the word that was apparent to everyone and being "lie" ie if its not present truth, it must be past lies"

His mind would not allow him to go there.

NJY

• SyntaxError1974
    SyntaxError1974

My pioneer wife looks at me half way thru and says "so if ONLY the GB are the FDS, then ONLY they are appointed over all things? I'm confused". I just looked at her with a blank, I have no idea stare.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

ONLY THE GOVERNING BODY ARE THE FAITHFUL AND DISCRETE SLAVE. WE ARE SPIRITUALLY DESTITUTE WITHOUT THEM. ( Elders words ) ANY ANOINTED WHO TEACH ANYTHING BESIDES WHAT THE SLAVE SAYS IS AN APOSTATE. ALL HAIL THE HUMBLE GB!!

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

"all were "reminded" that ...."our relationship with God depend(s) on [the Governing Body]"

Wow, the sheer audacity of these guys kills me.

The whole tone is so belittling. Check out how they answer the opening questions two pages latter in a box that says "DID YOU GET THE POINT?!?!" ("Fine, we'll spell it out for you! you stupid little nitwits!")

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit