Today's WT Study (Who is the FDS - Sep 2013)

by ohnightdivine 88 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

DD,

To add to your point, I really enjoyed the reference in the WT to the first century "governing body" with the lower case g and b.

This of course followed by the reference to the "Governing Body" today with the formal UPPER CASE LETTERS.

Also fun to ponder that the formal arrangement for a governing body didn't happen until the 70's, the term wasn't even used sparingly until like the 40's, and the board of directors (if that is who they say the FDS/GB was before the 70's) had little if anything to do with the creation of spritual food. Yet, it all started after 1914.

Also hate to remind them, but Russell was still alive in 1914, 1915, and the majority of 1916. So much for the dream of cutting him loose with the 1914 date.

-TTATTelder

• Ding
    Ding

It seems like a lot of JWs are just sleep walking, waiting for the end that never comes.

• prologos
    prologos

TTATElder,-- P. Russel was cut loose with the 1919 date.

With CTR around, JC needed time to decide on the WTBTS' worthyness, therefore the 1914-1919 inspection delay.

Then with Rutherford at the helm, JC he hit the jackpot (crackpot?).

Favoured spritual food served by the newly minted F&DS of 1919 vintage:

"The world HAS ended. Millions now living may, WILL never die, but

Abraham, Martin & John the baptist (izer) will be resurrected in 1925.

good choice with equally great sequels.

• flipper
    flipper

" Are they crazy or egomaniacs " ? Both

• perfect1
    perfect1

I WANT MY OWN PLANET.

• hoser
    hoser

DD

I picked up on that too. The gb are raising themselves higher than the apostles.

hoser

• search4truth
    search4truth

Catalyst, on 17 Sept 2013 - 12:59 AM, said: Some reasoning from JWtalk site : According to what witnesses say, the new understanding is a result of the Holy Spirit guiding the FDS to come to correct conclusions. So how can the previous understanding, which was taught to be correct, the truth, now be incorrect?" I would have trouble replying to this. What would you say? I don't imagine a worldly person to have that much insight into our org. unless they were either previously associated or apostate. However, the Bible, if indeed they believe in The Bible, is full of prophecies and scriptures yet unfulfilled. Additionally, God runs his organization as he sees fit, not as we see fit. Then I would quote Proverbs 4:18, which says the bright light keeps getting lighter and lighter. I would also bring faith into the discussion. I would then point out the religions of the world and show how they live in direct conflict with Bible teachings. The point is, if someone just wants to argue, they will, no matter what. We are not out to win and argument, we are spreading good news of a better future with benefits for all of mankind. We are looking for sheep, not goats, so, if someone is truly searching for the Truth, Jehovah will make sure they receive it, so we have nothing to worry about.-SIMPLE !!

• cult classic
    cult classic

"I WANT MY OWN PLANET"

ROFL Perfect1

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Chiefs, Broncos and Patriots. How could anyone squeeze a meeting in between a busy day like that?

• rmt1
    rmt1

Sunk costs are deafening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit