Today's WT Study (Who is the FDS - Sep 2013)

by ohnightdivine 88 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Open mind
    Open mind

I had a JW from our former congreation approach me at the supermarket today all wide-eyed with enthusiasm. He wanted to know if I had read "the latest Watchtower". (I'm sure he's heard that we no longer attend meetings and wanted to make sure I was up to speed on the latest "New Light".)

I replied something along these lines: "The latest? Yes, I've read it, but I'm guessing you probably mean the Watchtower "we're" studying right now, am I right?"

(Dude had to re-think his terminology and realize that this week's Watchtower has been out there online for about 4 months now.)

So, to kick-start his memory banks I said, "You mean the study article that re-defines who the Faithful and Discreet Slave is, right?"

JW: "Uh, yeah. Wasn't it great how they explained how everything comes together?"

Me: "Sure. You mean how the Faithful & Discreet Slave went from 10,000 to 10 overnight?"

He just kind of did a deer in the headlights expression for me and then shuffled off.

Later on, I told my wife about it and said I should have said: "Oh, you mean the article where they admitted that they were wrong about who the F&D Slave was for the last 100 years?"

*om retracts his JW "snarkotron" and heads for the checkout line*

Cheers!

om

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Funny thing is 99% of the writing is NOT done by the Governing body....they just rubber stamp what someone else wrote.

• prologos
    prologos

but they just love these ideas.

• DS211
    DS211

what kills me is this...a brother commented and said "years ago i didnt understand how they al spiritually feed everyone...now it makes perfect sense!!!" Well if that brother would have argued back then hed be DF'ed. In fact if he disagreed last year hed be DF'ed

• DS211
    DS211

Oh and a sister commented and said decisions were prayerfully made and they voted unanimously....??? Riiiight its not 2/3 majority vote...they ALL agree?

• prologos
    prologos

they kept the first century GOVERNING BODY, for it is the basis for their claim to historic legitimacy, but

Shrunk the Faithful and Discreet food provider into the 1919 to Armageddon time slot.

Jesus offered no reward to the governing body (he never heard of it) but

offered, no, GRANTED ALL to the successful F&DS bidder, Rutherford & successors.

all the previous fresh lights (--75, generation--) dimmed,

how will this house of cards falter?

if its 2/3 it is only the governing body, if it is unanimous, it is the F&DS

• rmt1
    rmt1

Purge.

Recommend an oldie but a goodie, at least for this very young then-JW growing up in the 70's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZymJAsxHbVg
    Rod Serling - Twilight Zone - The Obsolete Man

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

@ GRUMBLECAKES & MRQUIK - Combine both your comments;

The structure & ethos of the WTBTS is first and foremost a money-making conglomerate -

1. Rake in donations in various forms from existing members

2. Use some donations to print religious literature to draw in more contributors, and use most of the mammon for investments and purchasing real estate.

Since the gravy train could be heading for the buffers quite rapidly, desperate measures must be taken by the newly-identified Magnificent 8; "consolidate" (shut down, sell off, and merge) branches, thereby reducing costs involving both buildings & staff, "restructure" (reduce number of pages in the Public editions by 50%) magazines, thereby reducing costs greatly.

So much for the Org cutting expenditure - how can more income be sourced? (because we ain't getting a good enough return on the Stock Market!)

Here is where, 'wont appear sound from a human standpoint' could raise its ugly head; "consolidate" (shut down, sell off) Kingdom Halls by merging congregations and selling of the more profitable property.

And/or - "Brothers, as a result of the attacks on Jehovah's earthly organization by Satan & his agents, (pedophile victims) we are in a very precarious financial situation, and reluctantly request that every congregation send the bulk of their bank balance to our HQ, to prevent the collapse of our literature publishing facilities worldwide. Also, whatever increased personal donations can be made will be greatly appreciated."

Maybe we'll find out sooner, rather than later!

• bnybyt
    bnybyt

Talking afterwards with three other Witnesses we had a big laugh about paragraphs 12 and 16.

On paragraph 12 it says Jesus came with his father and chose the FDS in 1919. Then in

paragraph 16 it says when WILL Jesus come, again??? Why did he (and his father to boot)

have to leave after 1919 then come back again. And don't the scriptures say that Jesus

will be there with two or three that meet in his name?

It's just so obvious to many of the R&F that the WT doctrines are quite convoluted.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

It's just 100% pure bullshit. I can't believe I use to eat this stuff up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit