Today's WT Study (Who is the FDS - Sep 2013)

by ohnightdivine 88 Replies latest watchtower bible

• designs
    designs

Before 1975 many of the friends took the advise to sell their homes and serve where the need is great ( I know don't laugh) but many actually did and got burned badly.

I think the trend today is for the friends to sell their assests and turn the money over to the Society. If this is part of the sales pitch at this upcoming special event it will be interesting to see the friends reaction.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

marked

• caliber
    caliber

Funny thing is 99% of the writing is NOT done by the Governing body....they just rubber stamp what someone else wrote.

But ...."The Magnificent 8" have spoken !! (Well the writers wrote it... they gave it "the stamp of approval")

."our relationship with God depend(s) on [the Governing Body]"

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Answers flowed freely, parroted right out of the watchtower with no thought or emotion. The iSheep were very accepting of the "wonderful adjustment in understanding" from their lords and saviors the GB of Jehovahs Witnesses.

• caliber
    caliber

They are ......'Man of letters' GB / FDS
    A man of letters is someone who is an expert in the arts and literature, and often a writer too

The Governing Body (note the capital "G" and the capital "B") was not formally established as such until 1971 . From about 1932 to 1971

the ones primarily looked to as directing the org. were the President and Vice-President

"from one ... to the many ....to the few"

1896- 1916) the Watchtower pointed to only Russell himself as the FDS.

1919 ..all anointed alive part of FDS ? thousands ? the board of directors ? though all actual control was President then later president & vice president (1932-1971 )

1972-2012 12,000

2013 .." the magnificant 8"

• hoser
    hoser

Some commented on the governing body and mentioned how now there were 8 including mark sanderson. another one commented on the picture of the meeting where losch was pictured and that he as a member of the gb was fed through the congregation.

pretty much everyone read right out of the paragraphs

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

They actually said that people's spiritual health & relationship with God depended on the gb? That makes me feel ill. Do you think they even know what the Scriptures say? When was the last time you think any of the gb even opened a Bible & read it?

Are they crazy, or egomaniacs? Or does their arrogance simply have no boundaries? I can't believe people aren't running from the kingdom halls screaming with disbelief

• caliber
    caliber

They actually said that people's spiritual health & relationship with God depended on the gb?
    No but it was

inferred or implied.. compare for yourself what the message was though the message is broken into two separate statements

It is vital that we recognize the faithful slave. Our spiritual health and our relationship with God depend on this channel’

"our relationship with God depend(s) on [the Governing Body]"

September 15th, 2010 Watchtower, p. 13 (study article starts on p.12, not sure of that page number, but it's in par. 8):

"Similarly today, a Governing Body composed of spirit-anointed Christians contributes to the unity of the worldwide congregation. The Governing Body publishes spiritually encouraging literature in many languages. This spiritual food is based on God’s Word. Thus, what is taught is not from men but from Jehovah. "

--sd-7

They are just imperfect men... but remember this simple memory aid..

When they meet as eight

they have power to create !!

• hoser
    hoser

somehow jesus got lost in the shuffle!

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

I also noticed the same points others have mentioned about our personal relationship with god depending on "the channel". I like how they use substitute terms to try and cloud what they are really saying. It took me 15 minutes to calm down after that paragraph.

I was genuinely surprised with the later presumption - "Jesus will then DELIGHT in making the second appointment—over all his belongings." Delight? Seriously? So you not only know you will get a promotion from Jesus in advance, you know for a fact that he will feel "delight" while giving it to you? Wow.

Also interesting how they slip in some humility to try and balance things out. Stating, for instance, that they are domestics when not in the boardroom. That's just semantics of course. They also say that they will not outrank the newly-demoted annointed once in heaven. Conveniently they outrank them now though.

They may have lost grip of the wheel when they said that apostates aren't the "evil slave" anymore. Apparently the reference is now "hypothetical" and refers to them (FDS) if they don't do their job. Strategically it would appear that they have taken a gun that was pointing at the apostates and are now pointing it at themselves. That is bold. Of course they don't even entertain the remotest of possibilities that it will ever or could ever apply to them. My question is - Then why is it in the bible?

Our WT study comments were surprisingly convicted. They were commenting on these things like they were lifelong beliefs. I know it falls into the 'trying to convince themselves' category but still surprising. We had one elderly sister make a couple of "old light" comments and some of the other elders about jumped out of their seats to correct it. Hilarious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit