WATCHTOWER IN A PANIC!

by JW GoneBad 83 Replies latest watchtower bible

• steve2
    steve2

To quote one of the 20th century's cleverest religious fleecers of the flock: "Religion is a snare and a racket" ("Judge" Joseph Franklin Rutherford, Watchtower President, 1918-1942).

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Thanks snare. Even though the BOE letter is interesting in itself (don't they do a review of ideal 'per publisher' donations every year?), I was thinking more about JW GoneBad's OP about cash for a huge KH-building drive in CA and giving out financial survey forms to every family head - that sounds weird. I'd like to see harder evidence for that - especially the survey forms. I hope somebody can come up with the goods.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

AnnOMaly it may sound weird but it is indeed the real thing.

With over 800+ congregations involved + 5,000 elders called to the late August & early September 2013 meetings I'm sure we'll hear/see something real soon.

I too would like to see a copy of the resolution read to the congregations and or a copy of the 'HOUSEHOLD FINANCIAL SURVEY' given to all the family heads in all these congregations.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Don't worry, I'm not saying I disbelieve you or anything. It would just be nice to have something more than hearsay because this is real interesting. Hubby says it's a pity nobody has yet been able to do a comprehensive 'follow-the-money' exposé on the financial side of the WTS.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Flipper: WT Society can't keep getting blood from a turnip- but they keep trying. ........ Rank & file JW's are so uSED up to this point that they have nothing left to give.

I have to agree. Telling the members how they need new Kingdom Halls and even putting a 'HOUSEHOLD FINANCIAL SURVEY' under their noses will change little. There will be a tiny bump up in contributions that will not last very long at all.

Come to think of it, the very idea of every last JW (in the U.S. anyway) attending the AGM piped into their area is probably a way to get one big extra donation at that one big meeting. Yeah, donations won't stay high, so I would expect extra pressure right then and there to make huge one-time donations with credit card or checking accounts to go right to the worldwide work (which would really be the Pedophile Defence Fund).

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Someone who lives in Riverside County forwarded this copy of the 'HOUSEHOLD FINANCIAL SURVEY' that was given to each head of house in their congregation. According to the elders' resolution that was adopted by the 5,000 elders, the same was going to take place in each and every congregation in those counties:

HOUSEHOLD FINANCIAL SURVEY

Using this survey, each head of household has the opportunity to anonymously

indicate the amounts they could contribute or make available for each of the

categories indicated below. This includes those who live alone or are the only

publisher living in a household.

Please note that contributions to the Worldwide Work and the Worldwide

Kingdom Hall Fund are not included in this survey.

Be assured that all funds contributed to care for local congregation expenses,

and this new program are greatly appreciated. (Proverbs 3:9“Honor Jehovah

with your valuable things and with the firstfruits of all your produce”)

Please complete this anonymous survey and place in the

Congregation’s Contributions Box

I/we can provide a one-time lump sum donation of: $

I/we can provide the following amount as a long-

term noninterest-bearing loan: $

(A future announcement will be made if these are

needed.)

I/we can contribute this amount monthly to support

efforts to care for the critical need for local Kingdom $

Hall construction and care for operation of our

Kingdom Hall.

Name of Congregation:_______________________

PLEASE DEPOSIT IN THE CONGREGATIONS’S

CONTRIBUTIN BOX

Note to Congregation Service Committee: Please destroy

this form once the reports have been compiled.

PS: Take note of the last line: Please destroy this form once the reports have been compiled.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Please destroy this form once the reports have been complied "

For the life of me, I can't seem to shake the theme from Mission Impossible

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Fascinating, but why the heck didn't he scan/photograph it and send it, JWGB?!

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

This whole thing is disgusting.

Disgusting!

Marvin Shilmer

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

I can't believe they're doing this. Surely JW's will see something's not right here?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit