WATCHTOWER IN A PANIC!

by JW GoneBad 83 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sir82
    sir82

Of course at this point no one really knows (well, no one posting here anyway) what will be disseminated at the AGM....

...but an appeal for money would not at all be surprising.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Hmmmm.....more Kingdom Halls needed? Then why have they sold off so many here in the U.S. over the past decade or so? They used to point the finger of disgust at the huge beautiful churches of "Christendom" and the ostentatious Catholic cathedrals built over the centuries at the expense of the faithful following. Now they do the same thing with the multi-million dollar KH's that house four congs. "Give us all of your hard earned money so that we can prosper. You won't be needing the money. It will all be thrown into the streets.

Totally disgusting. Glad my eyes were opened over a decade ago.

HappyDad

• cha ching
    cha ching

CHA CHING$$$$

CHA CHING$$$$

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY...

YOU AIN'T GETTIN' NO MORE OF MY BLING$$!!!!!

• hoser
    hoser

jgnat:

"And here several small-town kingdom halls were closed this year. Where goes the profit from the sale of their properties? The Kingdom Hall in Grande Cache was sold, and may be repurposed for medical/dental services."

What happens when a congregation is dissolved is whatever congregation takes over the territory where the kingdom hall is located gets title to the unused kingdom hall, until it is sold.

So your congregation was disbanded the nearest town would take title of the kingdom hall and be responsible to pay the utilities, maintainance and insurance for the hall. When it is sold the money is donated to the Watch Tower Society.

It is a dirty little trick because the nearest congregation might have expenses and responsibility for a couple of years looking after this hall and never be reimbursed for those costs.

hoser

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

I'm sure many of us can make a good guess at what is going on here.

They do not need to build 70 halls...but they do need money for expensive pay outs for peadophile cases. Thus the big cash call.

Utterly disgraceful.

• LostGeneration
  • ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Mentioned this to my Bro in Law an elder in Riverside County and he was clueless. His observation was that they weren't filling the halls they had. His is a double Khall with four congos. Each reaching barely over 50% capacity.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

they have been at a million publishers in u.s. for decades. the only growth has been born ins and foreign languages.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

My spouse will be upset, but I will have to tell her that absolutely zero $$$ of my check will go to the WTBTS. I will be making sure that no online payments are made. She can do whatever she wants with her paycheck. I agree with The Searcher. If you don't want to speak out, at least stop contributing on your own. The WTBTS is wholly corrupt.

James T. Kirk asked why "GOD" needed a starship. Well, why does "JEHOVAH" need more money?! He just made $1 Billion dollars in his last real estate sale. Did he spend it all pimping the Celestial Chariot?!

It's time to get pissed off people!! Rise Up!! Vote with your pocket book! If you pay the bills in your family, then NOW is the time to start fighting back!! Send a message!! Stop contributing in any way, shape, or form! Help individual people with you funds, start an emergency fund for your familly, get out of debt! Just stop giving it to a greedy corporation that kicks it's Elderly and it's Bethelites to the curb, and feeds and houses no one, and expects YOU to pay them for the blessing if being their slave! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

A "story" was told, I think it might even have ended up in the YearBook for Poland.

A family needed money to go to their assembly/convention, they prayed about it/Jehovah God magically inspired them to go to a certain spot and there, lo and behold, were enough wild mushrooms, that they picked and sold and then had exactly enough money to attend.

It did not say they needed money so they personally requested funds from fellow publisher's.

The WatchTower Society has billions of dollars ALREADY DONATED from the Sheep.

When are they going to STOP FLEECING the SHEEP and use the money THEY ALREADY HAVE.

They are NOT POOR. They are making us poor, supporting and feeding this WT Gimme Gimme Monster.

LoisLane

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit