How do believers defend a god who is going to murder billions and pin it on them?

by tootired2care 327 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec

So then if that is all there is to it then what is the point of his command to preach at all? It's obviously an utter waste of time if he just going to sort it all out at the separating of the sheep and goats.

There are subjects of the Kingdom... and there are those who Christ shares rulership of his kingdom WITH (kings and priests), for a 'thousand years'.

These ones are called... and chosen.

But one would 'preach'... because it IS Good News, TT2C.

Because the spirit builds within a person, and what is given MUST be shared.

Because people WANT to know and hear and are seeking, shown in the questions that they ask.

Because people may have life NOW, in Christ... and there is no judgment for those who are In Him. No fear. No death. And the promise is for them and their house. (Noah saved his entire house by his faith)

Because we can learn FROM Him. (and because the measure that many people use... is not the measure that they would ever want to be used against themselves; and all men DO sin)

Because we may know Him, and that union brings so much love and peace and joy.

So that others might be warned, might repent, might turn around and be saved (from who knows what path they were on). Because there many voices of strangers out there, teaching lies, drawing/leading people away from Christ and to them, instead... (you search the world to find a single convert and then you make him more of a son of hades than you are)... rather than pointing them TO Christ. And if a blind man follows a blind man, they both fall into the pit.

And again, because there are those seeking Him. (think Phillip being sent to the Eunuch; or Peter being sent to Cornelius (and his entire house and loved ones) )

And because there are those seeking TRUTH, and the call to come to Christ and to life is OPEN.

So that ""the Spirit and the bride say, "Come", and anyone who hears says, "Come" So that the thirsty and the seeking, all those who wish, may come and take the free gift of the water of life.

Hope that helps!

Peace to you,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty
    i think you've been an elder a teacher you should know

Yes. In my experience as a christian there is no difference between grovelling and worship.

Get off your knees and claim your dignity and self-respect. You are not a sinner in need of saving.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

how long will i have my 'self respect' if i stop worshipping God and start making the rules myself?

• tec
    tec

I was trying to think of all the reasons to do so... but really, they are all covered under the one reason... and that is love. Love for Christ, and for all those He loves. So simply because He has asked.

(that doesn't mean force or pester or persecute anyone who does not want to hear, or chooses not to hear...)

Peace to you,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty
    how long will i have my self respect if i (stop) worshipping God and start making the rules myself?

There is no connection between god and morality. Surely nobody still imagines otherwise?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i think as an atheist the buck stops with you cofty

• cofty
    cofty
    i think as an atheist the buck stops with you cofty

That is too vague to reply to. It could mean anything or nothing.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

think about it cofty maybe i'm wrong.

i think groveling gives the wrong impression like God's a tyrant or something.

• adamah
    adamah

TEC said-

(that doesn't mean force or pester or persecute anyone who does not want to hear, or chooses not to hear...)

Perhaps you already forgot the point of the thread, where failing to warn others and explain that the fate of their eternal soul (and even YOURS) depends on their behavior, since the punishment is to be shared by YOU, as well?

That's what Ezekiel was saying: if someone doesn't regulate the behavior of their fellow men, God will hold those who failed to make him stop accountable for the sins of another, and they will even be RESPONSIBLE for the sinner's death when justice is delivered. God punishes, but the "I don't want to get involved" types will be held accountable for the spilling of blood that God delivers as punishment! Cool, huh? More punishment from God.

In the case of adultery, the prescribed punishment was death by stoning; those who failed to warn the adulterer if before it occurred (or to seek justice be delivered, if after) would SHARE in the bloodguilt of when Jehovah finally saw to it that justice was delivered, and the "it's none of my business" types were to be killed as well for the sinner's spilled blood by stoning. That's what the phrase 'their blood is on your hands' means.

Gimme some of that Taliban-style criminal and civil justice!

Adam

• cofty
    cofty
    i think groveling gives the wrong impression like God's a tyrant or something.

He is. Have you never read the bible?

You get on your knees and declare yourself to be a miserable sinner in need of saving, and proclaim the wonders of the being that condemned you. That is grovelling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit