How do believers defend a god who is going to murder billions and pin it on them?

by tootired2care 327 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• adamah
    adamah

TEC, your lack of knowledge of the OT is astounding, eg when you were asked this:

If murder was clearly a sin, why did god have to put it in the Ten Commandments?

You responded:

Because their hearts were too hard to HEAR or for the law to be written upon them. They had shown this, and so they needed something to SEE. Something specific to obey, because they didn't come by it naturally. (speaking in general here)

Once again, you're dragging a concept (the whole "law written on the hearts of the people" Jewish Messianic prophecy from the Book of Jeremiah, where he was speaking of a FUTURE TIME EVEN AFTER the messiah had established his Kingdom) that developed over 1,000 yrs AFTER Moses led the Chosen People out of Egypt into the Sinai wilderness, but applying it to Moses!

Then you say crap like this:

God did not permit eye for eye (as Christ also teaches; go figure)... and Lamech seems to have taken that for granted and used it to his own ends. Though it was Lamech who announced that... and not God.

"God did not permit eye for an eye"?

It's like you truly don't understand that Genesis' Cain and Lamech lived BEFORE the Flood, and God's display of lenient punishment of Cain was done to demonstrate his mercy.

Lamech didn't know ANYTHING about the LATER solution which God handed down to Noah AFTER the Flood where God prohibited bloodshed for ALL of mankind (the Chosen People being the descendents of Abraham were still MANY centuries in the future), and DEMANDED a life for a life!

If that's not enough for you, then God reinterated the point AGAIN in the Law of Moses which ALSO contained a life for a life with the later adoption of the more-expanded prohibition on bloodshed found in Levitical law (which applied to Jews), which was even FURTHER in the future AND ALSO DEMANDED "eye for an eye".

So you God doesn't allow it claim is UTTER BS.

This was at least 1,000 years BEFORE Jesus' said the principle of lex talionis was not such a good idea, although he ALSO said that he "didn't come to change a single letter of the Law of Moses", so Jesus was flip-flopping on the issue, as well.

It's like you don't even understand that time transpires forward in a linear fashion (and never in reverse), and there's time transpiring between the accounts appearing in the Book of Genesis, Exodus and Jeremiah? The events in Genesis came even BEFORE those found in Exodus?

Your mind seems to function as a blender of Bible "stuff", with all sorts of ideas that aren't arranged in ANY semblance of chronological order, since your answers comprise elements which are derived over THOUSANDS of years in the alleged history of the Torah.

Again, there's little point in engaging with you when you don't even seem to understand what you're missing: for starters, you REALLY need to get a book on Bible chronology to at least properly understand the rudiments of what you claim to believe.

Adam

• tec
    tec
    The bible certainly speaks of an extermination, and Jesus had plenty of opportunities to set the record that he himself carefully studied straight, yet he didn't. I suppose your going to have an answer for why these texts equate to unicorns and cotton candy though...

What man thinks of wrath and what the wrath of God IS, are two different things.

God's ways are not man's ways. That is not an empty verse.

Christ shows God's ways. But you have to be looking at Him.

Often, what man does to man(or what is a natural consequence that God tried to warn people about), is attributed to God.

God's anger did not blaze against Uzzah... God did not kill Uzzah. But that is how the people explained Uzzah dying after he touched the ark.

The point is that the god of the bible just can't seem to own up to his failures, if people choose freedom instead of groveling to him he exterminates them.

Did Christ exterminate anyone who did not grovel to Him?

Did He bring harm on anyone?

He even said that men are judged by their own words and deeds... and by the measure that THEY use to judge others.

There ARE dangers out there, and there are things that cannot be touched without taking the required precautions. No one can come to God except through Christ. No one can enter the Kingdom without a white robe (spirit body, with holy spirit in them, making them clean so that they can be in the presence of God). Those who try to do so, try to take that kingdom... will be DEVOURED by fire. A natural consequence.

He did it in the flood, with the nations around israel to isreal itself and eventually to everyone per the bible. The thing is no one likes bowing down to a despot, it will never work. Like an angry child lashing out he always resorts back to violence, but this next time he blames it others for not doing enough of the warning.

You keep talking about this blaming others for His deeds... but the two things do not connect. Perhaps something or someone else will be able to help at a later time.

The god of the bible is a monster.

Depends upon what passages you read and give credence to; and upon your interpreation of those passages. In any case, the 'god of the bible' is not God, the Father of Christ. He is written about there, but in order to know the truth, to see the truth, one must look at/through Christ. Peace, tammy

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    Perhaps something or someone else will be able to help at a later time.

Why do you arrogantly presume that I need help, you should ponder what the theme of this thread is about in the first place it's not about helping anyone it's about how people still defend the god of the bibles BS.

Did Christ exterminate anyone who did not grovel to Him?
    Did He bring harm on anyone?

Did he correct the texts that he said he would fulfill? That would be a no.

Is he going to bring harm in the future according to what is written? That would be a yes.

What man thinks of wrath and what the wrath of God IS, are two different things.
    God's ways are not man's ways. That is not an empty verse.
    Christ shows God's ways. But you have to be looking at Him.
    Often, what man does to man(or what is a natural consequence that God tried to warn people about), is attributed to God.

God's anger did not blaze against Uzzah... God did not kill Uzzah. But that is how the people explained Uzzah dying after he touched the ark.

Okay so a total dodge of the texts that are in the book that you base your beliefs on, got it.

Are you ever going to answer my earlier question?

• tec
    tec
    TEC, your lack of knowledge of the OT is astounding, eg when you were asked this:

And your lack of knowledge of God... well, is not astounding at all, since you do not look to His Image, Word, Truth... to know Him.

NO ONE knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal.

If you know ME, you know my Father as well.

Because you do not know ME, you do not know my Father.

If murder was clearly a sin, why did god have to put it in the Ten Commandments?

You responded:
    Because their hearts were too hard to HEAR or for the law to be written upon them. They had shown this, and so they needed something to SEE. Something specific to obey, because they didn't come by it naturally. (speaking in general here)
    Once again, you're dragging a concept (the whole "law written on the hearts of the people" Jewish Messianic prophecy from the Book of Jeremiah, where he was speaking of a FUTURE TIME EVEN AFTER the messiah had established his Kingdom) that developed over 1,000 yrs AFTER Moses led the Chosen People out of Egypt into the Sinai wilderness, but applying it to Moses!

And once again... and this is BEFORE the Kingdom is established... the GENTILES, who do not have the law show that they have it on their hearts, because they do by nature the things required BY the law.

So there are those who DO have the law upon their hearts. Israel is not one of those people, because unfortunately, their hearts were too hard.

How many times have they been described as being hard-hearted; hard-headed? In the OT and in the NT?

But the time is coming when their hearts will be softened, those who enter into the NEW covenant with Christ (which covenant occurs BEFORE the Kingdom is establish, so that those who are in that covenant (contract), know that they have a place IN that Kingdom).

Then you say crap like this:
    God did not permit eye for eye (as Christ also teaches; go figure)... and Lamech seems to have taken that for granted and used it to his own ends. Though it was Lamech who announced that... and not God.
    "God did not permit eye for an eye"?

Um, yeah. Its pretty simple. He did not permit eye for eye... in the case of Cain... or he would not have put a mark on Cain warning people that they could not take his life.

It's like you truly don't understand that Genesis' Cain and Lamech lived BEFORE the Flood, and God's display of lenient punishment of Cain was done to demonstrate his mercy.

I believe... and perhaps you simply are not paying attention... that I said God DID show mercy to Cain, but that did not mean that Cain did not sin after having been warned about it.

Besides all this, how you are connecting your thoughts here makes no sense. In the beginning, God did not permit eye for eye... just as Christ came and set the record straight of what was ALWAYS true. Mercy over judgment. Mercy over the 'written' law. Mercy and love.

Lamech didn't know ANYTHING about the LATER solution which God handed down to Noah AFTER the Flood where God prohibited bloodshed for ALL of mankind (the Chosen People being the descendents of Abraham were still MANY centuries in the future), and DEMANDED a life for a life!

What does what you are saying here have to do with God not permitting eye for eye with Cain, and showing mercy instead?

If that's not enough for you, then God reinterated the point AGAIN in the Law of Moses which ALSO contained a life for a life with the later adoption of the more-expanded prohibition on bloodshed found in Levitical law (which applied to Jews), which was even FURTHER in the future AND ALSO DEMANDED "eye for an eye".
    So you God doesn't allow it claim is UTTER BS.

Did you even read about the allowances made for people who could not do better?

Besides all of that:

Do not repay harm for harm is ALSO in the 'rulebook'. In fact, LOVE states this, all on its own.

This was at least 1,000 years BEFORE Jesus' said the principle of lex talionis was not such a good idea, although he ALSO said that he "didn't come to change a single letter of the Law of Moses", so Jesus was flip-flopping on the issue, as well.

He didn't actually say that, though did he?

He said 'the law'... but he did not add the law of moses.

Regardless, He DID correct points in the law... AND... so that eye for eye no longer was the law, but turn the other cheek WAS. And many other such things.

Mercy OVER judgment.

It's like you don't even understand that time transpires forward in a linear fashion (and never in reverse), and there's time transpiring between the accounts appearing in the Book of Genesis, Exodus and Jeremiah? The events in Genesis came even BEFORE those found in Exodus?

No... you don't understand what happened between the beginning... and Christ.

If they had the truth, Adamah, what NEED for the truth to come? If they knew God, Adamah, by the scriptures or law or men... then why did Christ say, NO ONE knows the Father except the Son, and those the Son chooses to reveal Him? Or... IF you know me, THEN you know my Father also.

Do YOU understand the significance of Moses and Elijah standing with Christ... and of the three, God says... "This is my Son, whom I love. LISTEN TO HIM."

No... you do not. You have shown that you do not understand that, because you do not DO that.

Your mind seems to function as a blender of Bible "stuff", with all sorts of ideas that aren't arranged in ANY semblance of chronological order, since your answers comprise elements which are derived over THOUSANDS of years in the alleged history of the Torah.
    Again, there's little point in engaging with you when you don't even seem to understand what you're missing: for starters, you REALLY need to get a book on Bible chronology to at least properly understand the rudiments of what you claim to believe.

I understand bible chronology. Do you understand that sometimes people will fall away from the truth they knew at first... and then choose live another way and perhaps allowances in the law are made because they can't do any better... until once again that truth that was known at first is taught to them again?

God didn't change. Man did.

Christ came and taught the truth that is from the beginning.

And laws WERE added, not because that was the way or the truth... but because their hearts were too hard to live the truth. (mercy, love, forgivness) As Christ said:

"Moses gave you this law because your hearts were hard. But it was not that way from the beginning."

You do not see these things, Adamah, because you do not see Christ. Not even what He is written to have taught - by word and deed. Or you could understand the truths that He taught. Since PER THE BIBLE (and God, and Moses, and Elijah - law and prophets) we are to listen to CHRIST.

With all of your 'studies' and 'scholars', etc... how have you missed that?

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec
    Why do you arrogantly presume that I need help, you should ponder what the theme of this thread is about it's not about helping anyone it's about calling out the god of the bibles BS.

Because you do not understand.

It isn't arrogance; it simply is, and I am not judging you in the least; I did not always understand either. I was AFRAID of the OT 'god'... but at that time, I did not KNOW the Truth of Him, becasue I was looking at men, religion, writings... everywhere but at Christ. I didn't understand then, what it meant to be the IMAGE of someone; or the TRUTH of someone.

The voices of men and religion were standing in the way of hearing HIS voice.

And i did answer your question.

Warn against whatever you are directed to warn against... speak against the lies that people tell in the name of God. As Christ, the Spirit, leads you to do.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

If you are wondering what Christians are supposed to DO though TT2C...

They are to be witnesses for CHRIST, proclaim GOOD NEWS, (and you will be my witnesses; I pray for those who will believe in me through their message, so that they may be one as we are one; etc)... and Christ even makes it clear, His own words to John in Revelation:

The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!' Whoever is thirsty, let himcome; andwho ever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.

Peace to you,

tammy

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    Because you do not understand.

No TEC, it is you who don't understand, and lack reading comprehension, and deductive reasoning ability. Why have a bible at all if all you need is Jesus in your heart?

It isn't arrogance;

Arrogance is exactly what it is.

I did not always understand either.

You still don't.

I was AFRAID of the OT 'god'... but at that time, I did not KNOW the Truth of Him, becasue I was looking at men, religion, writings... everywhere but at Christ. I didn't understand then, what it meant to be the IMAGE of someone; or the TRUTH of someone. The voices of men and religion were standing in the way of hearing HIS voice.

How sad for you. I'm not afraid of the fairy tale bible god, and the point is no one should so please don't make the mistake of presuming that I am. He is nothing more that a pathetic despot. And how people keep groveling to this lunatic is beyond me.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    The Spirit and the bride say, " Come !" And l et him who hears say, " Come !' Whoever is thirsty , let himcome ; and who ever wishe s, let him take the free gift of the water of life.

And projecting forward anyone that says I don't want to worship god anymore and I just want to do what I please to do he will say to that one 'die!' New scrolls coming to a locality near you!

• tec
    tec
    No TEC, it is you who don't understand, and lack reading comprehension, and deductive reasoning ability. Why have a bible at all if all you need is Jesus in your heart?

Maybe you should read my post to Adamah.

But why have a bible, you ask? Because MAN needs something to SEE. He is not so good at hearing, or walking by faith. He walks by sight... until he learns to walk by faith and HEAR the Spirit (if he does learn)

The bible is a witness pointing TO CHRIST... but it is not Christ, it is not the Life; it is not the TRUTH; it is not the IMAGE of God.

"You diligently search the scriptures becasue you think that by them you have eternal life. These are the scriptures that testify about ME... but you refuse to come to ME to have life."

Can you (and others) not DEDUCT that it is to HIM one must go, and not the scriptures? That they simply POINT to Him?

So that it is a witness pointing TO Christ.

How sad for you. I'm not afraid of the fairy tale bible god, please don't make the mistake of presuming that I am. He is nothing more that a pathetic despot.

I never said you were afraid. I said you do not know Him; as I did not know Him. (the only reason I was afraid to begin with) Because I... and you now... was not looking at CHrist to show me the Truth.

You have simply rejected HIm... and I also reject the 'god' you promote. Because that 'god' is false. But you (and others) teaching that God IS like you say, as opposed to how Christ showed him to be... is also false teaching; lies about God.

You do it in ignorance (not knowing God), but it is still false.

So someone, somewhere, is going to be sent to speak against what is false and for what is true. So that those who ARE seeking, may hear, and then "Come". Maybe even you.

Peace to you,

tammy

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    Because that 'god' is false. But you (and others) teaching that God IS like you say, as opposed to how Christ showed him to be... is also false teaching; lies about God.

No TEC i'm not teaching anything I'm only pointing out what is in his book the bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit