How do believers defend a god who is going to murder billions and pin it on them?

by tootired2care 327 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• adamah
    adamah

ucantknowme said:

but there is a truth to it isn't there Adam?

Nope, no truth for you, if you're too lazy to perform the thinking for yourself....

I took the time out of MY life to find a suitable link explaining Pascal's Wager to share, but apparently you can't be bothered to read it, so that's ALL on you; I cannot understand it FOR you (which MIGHT explain why you're an ex-JW, in the first place: you were willing to delegate important skills like THINKING to others).

Adam

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i think your making a mistake that you know more about me than you do.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    First, there isn't any 'genocide' like what the wts teaches

This is not an exclusive watchtower teaching, it’s pretty much what the bible says in several places.

As for the 'guilt', did you understand the example I gave about social responsibility? How if you KNOW (God told you and told you to warn them of the consequences) that someone is heading down a path that will bring them and others harm, and you say nothing to warn them, that you bear some responsibility for what comes.

Of course I understood it, and it makes no sense in the context of what we’re speaking about on this thread so I choose not to comment on it, but now I will. What exactly is the “wrong path” anyways? Let me guess anyone’s whacky interpretation of the messed up and conflicted book called the bible? Your god could not have made it any more confusing than it is. Just look how difficult it is for a gay person to reconcile their genetic traits with what that dumb book says. Moreover, how is anyone ever supposed to have confidence that they have done enough and are not blood guilty? It’s really not a healthy way to live at all. Your god thrives on uncertainty, favortism and vagueness.

No, they don't. These are ones who would qualify as the 'sheep and the goats'.

What biblical support do you have to back that assertion up?

Please also remember the audience that Paul is speaking to, and also the context.

It doesn’t matter he said the words, and the implications are there.

• adamah
    adamah

i think your making a mistake that you know more about me than you do.

Yeah, perhaps, but fortunately I'm not invested in the least (not emotionally, etc) in what I know about you (which is only based on what you tell me you believe: I don't know for a fact if you're trolling, etc).

On the other hand, can you say the same about your professed belief in God might be a mistake, based on what is CLAIMED to have been written about Him in the Bible, supported only on faith? THAT'S the question you should be asking yourself, not me or anyone else.

Adam

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i tend to think God is unknowable.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Have a good evening Adam. Thanks.

• adamah
    adamah

i tend to think God is unknowable.

So why are you even trying to KNOW the unknowable?

Are you a gnostic perhaps, seeking some higher knowledge of the Divine? They were squashed out LONG AGO, by the more orthodox Christians who said the path to God is based on FAITH, NOT KNOWING.

Perhaps you should build your faith a bit more, permanently shut off your brain to save brain glucose, and delegate the hard work of thinking to others who tell you what to do? Simply accept Jesus in your heart like a good zombie, and follow the direction of others: that's what all good Christians are SUPPOSED to do. Dun and dun, problem solved!

Adam

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Adam you make me laugh

(i mean that in a nice way)

• tec
    tec
    Of course I understood it, and it makes no sense in the context of what we’re speaking about on this thread so I choose not to comment on it, but now I will. What exactly is the “wrong path” anyways? Let me guess anyone’s whacky interpretation of the messed up and conflicted book called the bible? Your god could not have made it any more confusing than it is. Just look how difficult it is for a gay person to reconcile their genetic traits with what that dumb book says. Moreover, how is anyone ever supposed to have confidence that they done enough and not blood guilty? It’s really not a healthy way to live at all.

Okay... example of wrong path:

I am going to go to war with these people, bomb their cities and kill their children, and I have God's approval.

If God told someone (say a prophet, or anyone who has entered into a covenant with God, today through His Son, to follow and obey) to warn that person (or group) that no, they did not have His approval and the truth is (whatever He has given you to say)... and that person did NOT warn so them, then they are held accountable.

What biblical evidence do you have to back that assertion up?

I thought I gave it in the sheep and the goats parable.

The sheep and the goats parable is about those who are not the brothers of Christ (annointed) as these ones are joined to Christ already (the living and those who have died). So maybe lets go through some of it:

"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left."

First all the nations are gathered before him. Those tribespeople would be a nation.

(Remember also, that Christ already gathered his own; his own brothers, those annointed, the living and those who had died... these ones were caught up in the sky WITH Him, and changed in a twinkling; the dead and then also those who are still alive at his coming)

We know also that Christ is not speaking TO his brothers when he is speaking to the sheep in this parable... because he speaks about what these ones do TO even the least of his brothers.

He invites the sheep in, saying:

"I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a sgtrangerr and you inviged me in, I needed clothes and you clothes me, I was sick and you loked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me."

The sheep (the righteous) ask when they did these things for Him, and Christ answers:

"I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of htese brothers of mine, you did for me"

In the reverse, to the goats, who also ask when they did not help him, he says:

"I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

The sheep and goats is about the nations... not the annointed (and all christians are annointed, with holy spirit... though not all who call themselves christian TRULY are annointed and so christian)

Then there are these:

"Do not judge, or you will be judged."

"Forgive, and you will be forgiven."

"Be merciful, and you will be shown mercy."

"By the measure you use, will it be used against you." (the measure you use to judge others, that is the measure that will be used against you; even in the parable at Luke 19:22, the master said to the servant... I will judge you by your own words; and the unforgiving servant whose master forgave his debt, but then the servant went out and beat the one who owed him... the master turned around and used that same measure then against him)

It doesn’t matter he said the words, and the implications are there.

The implication is only there because of how man has taught people to SEE the words. Not based on truth, but based on traditional understanding (and I hope you can recall what Christ said about traditions of men).

Peace to you,

tammy

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

ucantknowme

It occurs to me that If your pascal wager works out there is a good chance you won't be able to have the freedom of speech to have an open conversation about god like we are now. If his heavenly way was so wonderful how come 1/3 of all angels bailed out?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit