How do believers defend a god who is going to murder billions and pin it on them?

by tootired2care 327 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I trust God and I don't feel any guilt.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    I trust God and I don't feel any guilt.

Hey that's great. I take it that you have a philosophy that isn't tethered to what the bible states then, yes? If not how do you reconcile those texts? Let all the sinners die is a perfectly acceptable response.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I trust God does the right thing and I don't feel I can judge God as he is almighty and judges in righteousness and knows more than me. With out God everybody is dying sinner or not.

I understood that in Matthew it says this good news of the kingdom would be preached through out the world and then the end would come so if someone hasn't heard it sounds like the end won't come. so far no end.

There seems to be questions of Why does God allow this wickedness? Why is God going to get rid of the wicked? I want my freedom to live as I please.

So I trust God's saving plan. His eternal purpose, his divine plan of the ages.

I suppose i don't have a better plan

• adamah
    adamah

So I trust God's saving plan. His eternal purpose, his divine plan of the ages.

I suppose i don't have a better plan

Here's an better plan for you:

How about waking up and realizing clinging to belief in a genocidal cruel God is only an fantasy and requires swallowing illogic, so stop wasting the ONLY LIFE you'll ever have by quit chasing that pipe-dream?

Adam

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i knew you'd say something Adam, lol

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

it's no pipe dream

• cofty
    cofty
    I trust God does the right thing and I don't feel I can judge God as he is almighty and judges in righteousness and knows more than me

That argument is perfectly circular.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i don't think it's circular. the God i'm talking about it the creator nothing is greater

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

if i'm right then i gain and you lose. if your right nobody wins. i like the winning team.

• tec
    tec

I'll give you that, but I guess this point is really off topic because the dead and resurrected are not the subject of this thread, it's those that are alive at the time that this supposed fiery judgement is going to happen. From how I see things it's inexcusable that god would hold those followers that are alive at the time of judgement accountable for his genocide because they didn't preach just enough, or they wanted to chill from the stresses of life.

First, there isn't any 'genocide' like what the wts teaches, anymore than your own death pays your debt. My point in explaining about how it is not only christians who enter the kingdom (as the wts teaches it is only jws, and everyone else is toast, unless you died first)

Christ returns. Gathers all those who belong to Him (those still alive as well as those who have 'fallen asleep and are under the altar'.) They are kings and priests, with Him, for a thousand years in the Kingdom He now establishes. Then comes the sheep and the goats parable... where Christ invites in the sheep, and casts out the goats. These are in darkness, they are outside the kingdom, there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, at least by those who thought/think that the kingdom belongs to them, that they deserve it... but regardless of what they thought/think, Christ does not know THEM. So there is a judging... though in reality, men are judged by their own deeds; their own words; their own measurement for judging others. On the other hand, there are those who did not know Him, but who are known BY Him (due to the things that they did, their deeds and words and measure they use, and absolutely by doing good to even the least of his brothers; for what 'you did for the least of these, you did for me')

The above is all those who ARE alive when Christ returns (other than those who are his brothers, annointed, because the living and those who have fallen asleep are caught up with him 'in the sky' and changed to be like him, all at once)

Then there is the 'thousand years' (however long that is, literal or not)... and then Satan is released, convinces those outside the kingdom that they can take it for themselves, they ride out against the kingdom and the people in the kingdom, and THEN is armageddon, when fire devours them from heaven. Only because they come and attack the kingdom and those in it, thinking they can take it for themselves.

Then comes the resurrection of the dead (second resurrection), some to life, and some to judgment.

And of course God may have mercy upon whomever He chooses.

As for the 'guilt', did you understand the example I gave about social responsibility? How if you KNOW (God told you and told you to warn them of the consequences) that someone is heading down a path that will bring them and others harm, and you say nothing to warn them, that you bear some responsibility for what comes. I mean, your own conscience would naturally 'condemn' you. (so that you would feel guilt, defensiveness, anger, or a hardening of your heart so as not to feel these things) Not everyone, mind you, but those who do have love for their fellow man (friend or foe), then yes. The problem is that man (like the wts/GB) have instilled so much fear and guilt, that it may be hard to know what is valid or what is man-instilled fear.

This seems to be where you have your own interpretation, because unless I misread 2 Thess 1:7-8, these people in the middle of the Amazon jungle seem to fit the criteria of Jesus wrath pretty well.

No, they don't. These are ones who would qualify as the 'sheep and the goats'... and while the chances might be that they do not have an opportunity to do good to one of the brothers of Christ; they still reveal what is in them in how they would treat their poor, downtrodden, hungry... or a stranger among them (who might even be an angel). Neither God nor Christ would do anything unjust. (as Ucantknowme said) It is man who paints them that way, in man's own misunderstanding of love, and of authority/ruling/governing.

Please also remember the audience that Paul is speaking to, and also the context. Those who do not know God or obey Christ are those who are persecuting and troubling the Thesolonians (those who do know God and are obeying Christ). They are actually persecuting Christ. (I mean, Christ would make that call... not me, and not Paul... but I just wanted to show you the context)

Hope that helps some, TT2C.

Peace to you,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit