Attacking Newbie JW's

by VioletAnai 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

Violet........I do not go around trying to convince people of anything they don't want to be convinced of. I usually assume that people who come to this board are searching......doubting, perhaps, and are open to hearing the truth about it all. When I see someone say something positive about the JW's, it hits a nerve. There are SOME good people there, but there is very little truth in their doctrines, and philosophies, if they say they are Bible based.

I think most of us here feel the same. We have been hurt, damaged, betrayed, lied to, etc. etc. etc. I really don't want ANYONE to have to go through what we did.........and we escaped (yes, escaped) without being disfellowshipped. But, it was a waste of my life, and my children's lives. The opportunities I might have explored are all gone now. Too late for me, but my children and grandchildren are young enough to still have those opportunities and I REJOICE in that!!!

Just trying to prevent that in others. But only if they come here.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• Solace
    Solace

Violet,
    you said,

"Yer too comfortable in your set way of thinking and are too scared to face facts..."

Most would take this as a personal attack.

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

Heaven,

I'm not calling everyone unintelligent....please...learn to be a little less sensitive...I was only thinking of past ones I've chatted to about jw subjects and they are always in the one frame of mind - negative - and not open to anything at all...that's what I mean by everyone being set in their ways

• neyank
    neyank

But what facts are we too scared to face??????

neyank

• LB
    LB
    what facts are we too scared to face

I'm always scared to face farts

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello Violate

I sympathize with your feelings. Many JW's who venture to this site are confused and fragile, looking for answers to questions they dare not ask. To comment on this board is like leaping into enemy territory. Fortunately they are not always attacked, probably due to the presentation rather than the content of their post.

At the same time we here are at varying levels of grief and anger ourselves as Francois says:

I personally think it's a mistake to think that this board is populated by people who have got their emotions contained, their damage repaired, and their lives in order so that they can offer legitimate help to others;
    Good point Francois. Put it all together, perhaps we can at least take Violets suggestions to heart and try to remember when we first came here. Not every Watchtower defender deserves our wrath for the Watchtower itself. Maybe we are not all together yet but perhaps we could at least pause before responding to those who get us exited.

Maybe our response will result in one more leaving the WT rather than clicking on the big "X" in the upper right corner, thinking the WT was right about those 'evil apostates'.

Thanks for the post Violet.

Jst2laws

• neyank
    neyank

Would that be an old fart LB ?

neyank

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

Once again Marilyn, you've upset me...You're in luv with yer own voice ain't you! I feel very sorry for you hun...

I was raised a jw...had some bad experiences, run amok, saw where I was heading, woke up and here I am....I think I have enough experience in the jw's and in the world and I am able to draw my conclusions about it....I'm not ignorant...

AND I DON'T LIKE LOLLIPOPS......

• Solace
    Solace

Dear Violet,
    You do not know me.
    I am so beyond sensitive. I did not say that I thought you called "me" unintelligent. I said "some" may take it that way.

Just as I quoted this statment.You said,
    "Yer too comfortable in your set way of thinking and are too scared to face facts..."

I will quote you on this statement. You said,
    "please...learn to be a little less sensitive"

Sorry,
    just trying to help you understand.
    If someone does not want to be personally attacked, they should not post things that could lead others to believe they are being personally attacked.

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

It's not my fault if people want to personally take offensive....I NEVA NAMED NAMES [8>] and this post was not directed at anyone in particular...I just noticed that anyone who voiced anything positive about jw's was immediately critisized for it...

But if you would like me to mention the ones I've noticed and cause one big frigging war here....then hell why not?

Some of you are way too quick to jump the gun and you're in luv with yer own wisdom...again should I name name's or keep the peace...

Being a jw 'wannabe' I won't....and yes I am preparing for my baptism....can't wait.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit