Attacking Newbie JW's

by VioletAnai 63 Replies latest jw friends

• butalbee
    butalbee

Do I smell a little smoke? Or is it just my neighbors burning garbage???

• teejay
    teejay

Hello again, Violet,

I think that what you may be having a hard time understanding is that there are people here who have suffered dearly at the hands of an organization that you seem to want to defend. They haven’t seen or spoken to family members for many years; haven’t seen nieces, nephews or grandchildren who may live within walking distance of their home; are coming to grips with missed economic and academic opportunities that will not come again; and many other losses, large and small.

Just as your defense of that organization is not necessarily wrong, neither is it wrong to acknowledge those bitter and painful feelings others presently have, feelings that are real and not easily diminished. While it may have felt that you were attacked, I can assure you it was not meant personally. How could it have been if no one here knows you personally?

It is only human nature to respond with negativity when in pain or under emotional stress. Eventually, those that are (as a result of their involvement with the WTS) will recover and be mellower in their responses to people in your shoes. It just takes time.

Peace.

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

Well Teejay...they are not the only ones...only I refuse to wallow in my self pity anymore and have decided to get on with my life...who else will besides? We've all been dealt injustices in the world, not just in religion....

And Farkel - YOU are blinded by your own stupidity...is that why you can't read and understand my points....once again I'd like to reinterate that you are a farkhead!

People affected by my words, may have old wounds that still need to be healed and I don't deliberately jab my finger in them, but if they are affected THAT much by what I say...maybe they should revaluate their reactions....

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

teejay,

Excellent summary of the problem.

Having recently left (still attend some meetings to keep in touch with friends I hope to help) I can still remember the anxiety of coming to a site like this for the first time.

Yet being here for a while I can relate to the enormous injury and ongoing harm endured by so many here.

I suppose the bottom line is those who can should jump in and reason calmly and kindly with the Jw defenders who show up. Those who can't, we need to sypathize with them too!

One day we are the supporter, the next day we are the supported. At least we are here.

Jst2laws

• Farkel
    Farkel

Violet,

: And Farkel - YOU are blinded by your own stupidity

Is that another one of your "facts," Violet? You haven't addressed a single thing I've said. One of the things I said was that dubs resort to mere ad hominems when they can't make a decent argument. You just proved my point.

Thousands of people reading can see this and you look very foolish for continuing to shoot yourself in the foot.

: ...is that why you can't read and understand my points....

I can read and understand points just fine. When you make one, let me know.

: once again I'd like to reinterate that you are a farkhead!

Everyone knows that. Tell me something new!

Farkel

• Solace
    Solace

Violet,
    My J.W. grandfather cant "get on with his life". He lies in his grave because he died during a surgery in which he refused a blood transfusion.

I am not here to "wallow in self pity".
    I am here to let people know of the pain and suffering that the W.T.S has caused and is still capable of causing unless they make some seriouse changes in their teachings.

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

:::::::::I suppose the bottom line is those who can should jump in and reason calmly and kindly with the Jw defenders who show up. Those who can't, we need to sypathize with them too!

Hi Jst2laws, I do kinda agree with you. My original post in this thread to VA was I considered fairly tame and reasoned. (maybe I'm mistaken but that was what I intended). She jumped on me rudely telling me I like the sound of my own voice. After reading her replies to a number of people I concluded that VA isn't into reasoning. I'm not really sure what it is she's into. Do you think she just wants us to pat her on the back and tell her the JWs are great and have a good life? That's the impression I get from her. But how can any of us ignore what we know and pretend to be happy for her? Why is she here anyway? Some are saying she's a troll. Does a troll have 450 posts under their belt?

I have to admit that I find her reasoning power scary. She reminds me of myself 25 yrs ago. I don't know if she is genuine or not, but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe she will be happy as a Jehovah's Witness. I was for a while I think. Overall though the emotional cost to me has been utterly devistating.

I have read a few of your posts and I feel your pain still. It's not easy is its? I'm 20 yrs out and still have a lot of problems coz my family are JWs and I was one of the unlucky ones who was disfed for slipping away quietly. :-(

Marilyn

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Potential JW: "What a wonderful, refreshing beverage this is. I can't wait to drink it!"

Ex-JW: "DON'T DRINK THAT! It's poison. I had some of that very same beverage before, and it nearly killed me!"

Potential JW: "HOW DARE YOU tell me that this beverage is poison!?! I think it's wonderful. And it is....because I want it to be! You just can't see the truth of how wonderful it is!"

Ah, yes, the negativity of experience. Enjoy your beverage, Violet.

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

Like I said Marilyn...boo hoo...yer not the only one...try being sexually abused by a man hiding under a facade of purity....

But I cannot remain bitter at the jw's, they didn't do it. Eg. I was angry at my parents for so long for not protecting me, does this mean they they condoned it? NO! It was not their weakness that got me raped, it was DOUG - THE FRIGGING PERSON WHO DID IT!

As far as I'm concerned, blaming a whole religion for pain is a cop-out. Why don't you blame governments for all the pain they've put human beings in, oh and don't forget the denominations who shed blood in the name of God and Christ....at least jw's refused to do that....among others - I haven't forgotten them, just in case someone jumps down my throat for not covering EVERY point!!!!!!

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman
    oh and don't forget the denominations who shed blood in the name of God and Christ....

Ah....but they do, don't they? Every time a JW dies because of restrictive dogma presented as "truth" they shed blood.

Every time a JW is condemned by a judicial committee, their "everlasting life" is thrown away....more bloodshed.

Families are torn apart....marriages are rent asunder.....good people are pushed into suicide....because of the "laws of men". More bloodshed.

Deals are cut with governments and other political entities by "Mother", which result in more of her "children" dying. Again, bloodshed.

They are not clean. They just hide the evidence better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit