Attacking Newbie JW's

by VioletAnai 63 Replies latest jw friends

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

I was attacked here when I first admitted that I was studying with the jw's. I also noted that Blessed_something or other (sorry, bad memory) was attacked also....just because we say something positive about the jw's! I think that is mighty unfair and defeats the purpose of you trying to turn us against the jw's. You gotta think of a new strategy or otherwise forget trying to contaminate our thoughts with other bitterness and doubt that I, at least struggle with daily....

Do you see what I mean?

• neyank
    neyank

Yes.

neyank

• neyank
    neyank

I don't believe most are trying to turn someone away from becoming a JW,
    I think most are just trying to make sure people know what the WTS is really all about.

neyank

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Do you see what I mean?

Tell me, when has the WTS or your average JW ever said ANYTHING good about any other religion or lack thereof?

Most dubs love to dish it out, but squeel like stuck pigs when the same thing happens to them. I'm not referring to you specifically, Violet.

Farkel

• Francois
    Francois

Regardless of what the BBers here think, if you FEEL you've been attacked, then your perception can't honestly be challenged. That's a JW technique.

You might want to think about cutting some of the people here some slack. Face it, there's lots of people on here who have been terribly damaged by their association with JWs and the slightest positive thing said about the JWs is enough to rattle their cages really good.

I personally think it's a mistake to think that this board is populated by people who have got their emotions contained, their damage repaired, and their lives in order so that they can offer legitimate help to others; to you for instance.

There are some who've got it together. Lots of others are here GETTING it together. And I think some of these good folks are AFRAID for you, for what you are letting yourself in for. (Not only that, but if you accept the JWs teachings, it can have the effect of refuting and marginalizing their experience, pain, and insights.)

So I hope you'll display the quality of compassion that should be shown to you. They say that when the student is ready the teacher appears. And you can never tell for certain who is which.

Welcome again,

Francois

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

Yer too comfortable in your set way of thinking and are too scared to face facts...

• Solace
    Solace

What do you mean by being attacked?
    If someone comes here claiming that the W.T.S has the truth, of course most people here are going to argue that point.
    If I disagree with someone, I try discuss the topic, not the person posting. I have seen things get personal. Im not and I dont think anyone else is perfect. I also think it depends on whats being posted and how.

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

Thanx Francois...finally someone who THOUGHT about it and posted something intelligent....I truly appreciate yer input...

Will keep what you say in mind...

• neyank
    neyank

Yer too comfortable in your set way of thinking and are too scared to face facts...

Who is this in response to?

neyank

• jerome
    jerome

I know what you mean violet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit