Nov 2013 KM Question Box. Head coverings on Doorstep bible studies

by BroMac 73 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Open mind
    Open mind

So, if the sister has no head covering with her, but DOES have some Watchtowers, is it OK for her to make one of these?

http://www.skiptomylou.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/newspaper-hat-8.jpg

om

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

What a cop out. They say a head covering is God's requirement, but because it makes them look like fools they opt out on the doorstep, before a publisher has had the chance to be somewhat indoctrinated.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Introducing the New..

WBT$ Approved,"Head Covering" for JW Women!..

The WBT$ Equalizer!!..

No more Discrimination in the Congregation because you Don`t have a Weinie!

JW Woman can now have Position at the Kingdom Hall..

PO.. MS.. Crazy JW Elder!..

Your JW Female Friends will be asking

Where can I get my WBT$ Equalizer?!..

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvfkmP65IObvZ6HPtzGOy28dZec6SGbdDS8jx54sA6xxZwsxQY

..........................  photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

They say a head covering is God's requirement, but because it makes them look like fools they opt out on the doorstep, before a publisher has had the chance to be somewhat indoctrinated.

And also because the neighbors will be better able to see the craziness if it's happening on the doorstep.

• steve2
    steve2

The prime benefit of the head covering is this: It warns the householder that the religious weirdos on their doorstep belong to a crackpot organization.

Craziness has its benefits.

• Watkins
    Watkins

Those pics really made me laugh out loud! Especially the "WTB$ Equalizer" - "because you Don't have a Weinie" - HILARIOUS!

That 'scriptural advice' has absolutely nothing to do with us now. It was, imo, about converted prostitutes who'd have their heads shorn - the 'head-covering' was in lieu of hair. So if a woman has hair and has not been punished as a prostitute by having her head shaved, then every woman is good to go, weinie or no weinie.

The wt is ridiculous on an entirely different level... you'd think they'd figure that one out since they're so deep into 'research' and all.

• mindnumbed
  • Legacy
    Legacy

Hi All,

Funny thing about that headcovering thing...This weeks KM Bible Highlights are: 1Cor. 10-16...read this: This is from the Good News Bible...This is from 1 Cor. 11: 13-16: 13 Judge for yourselves whether it is proper for a woman to pray to God in public worship with nothing on her head. 14 Why, nature itself teaches you that long hair on a man is a disgrace, 15 but on a woman it is a thing of beauty. Her long hair has been given her to serve as a covering. 16 But if anyone wants to argue about it, all I have to say is that neither we nor the churches of God have any other custom in worship. now from the NWT.. Judge for ? YOUR ? own selves: Is it fitting for a woman to pray uncovered to God? 14 Does not nature itself teach ? YOU ? that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him; 15 but if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her? Because her hair is given her instead of a headdress. 16 However, if any man seems to dispute for some other custom, we have no other, neither do the congregations of God. So we see here, that to judge for ourselves...but see here they are saying the samething... a woman's hair serves as a covering. N'est pas ?

Not sure where it is but women are not supposed to speak in the church, if we want to say something, we got to go home & tell it to the hubby. Now that I don't mind, I wouldn't have to come up with comments all the time, & no demo's/talks...that would suit me just fine, just come to the meetings & listen...Awwwwww...why don't the org. follow that rule..Huh ?

Legacy

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Legacy, tht sure is a excellent scriptural finding.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Don't for your Carmen Miranda head covering and honor Jehovah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeoYfhVUvRY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit