by BroMac 73 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hoser
    hoser

good catch surely!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Notice the [ ] in the following quote:

W 3-1-06, pp. 28-29, QFR

Hence, Christian women "keep silent" by refraining from trying to assume the role of a male and instruct the congregation. They do not raise argumentative questions that could challenge the authority of those who teach. By fulfilling their proper role in the congregation, Christian sisters greatly contribute toward an atmosphere of peace in which "all things [at congregation meetings] take place for upbuilding." — 1 Corinthians 14:26, 33.

Nice strategic addition to the verse, WT!

This is how WT considers the ministry an "extension" of the congregation and arrives at its idiotic policy.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

This is too stupid for me to laugh at.

• Scully
    Scully

I think this is as good a reason as any for all Sisters™ to boycott going Door-to-Door™.

The WTS may as well keep them barefoot and chained to the kitchen too.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Scully. Didn't you forget somethin' ???????

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

What about transvestites who have converted from female to male????? Head covering or not?????

C'mon Watchtower, we need all based covered, so to speak.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Well it's about time. I was getting sexually aroused when I was watching a sister conduct a study, or a semi study. Once that scarf is placed over that head, I can start focussing much better.

• steve2
    steve2

Like Jehovah actually cares about the do's and don't's of head coverings!

What an infantile image they have of their "god". And, even perchance that He does care, what would an appropriate punishment be at His hands? Are we looking at death? Or is 20 lashes on the back by the cane more appropriate? Or a damn good telling off in front of others to maximise the shame?

Indeed, what are brothers and sisters to do if they happen upon a sister breaking these rules?

What is an appropriate punishment meted out by the elders?

Oh, dear Witnesses - yes you who trade so heavily in petty rules - oh ye tragic simpletons!

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Steve2: The punishment for those rebellious sisters will be restrictions. They will not be llowed to participate in Field Service, thus no more door step studies. Now, wouldn't that be a blessing in disguise?

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    What is an appropriate punishment meted out by the elders?

put the little woman in her place

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit