Nov 2013 KM Question Box. Head coverings on Doorstep bible studies

by BroMac 73 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I know a sister who put a napkin on her head. What a friggin joke.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The self appointed Paul leader over congregations of christians sure was a male Chauvinist when it came to women which is natural for a male to if he wants nobody to question him, women are good but let them remain submisive to men, they will only gossip and cause trouble is his estimation of them inside the congregation.

• Slayerbard
    Slayerbard

I swear, if I was studying with someone and they whipped out a hankey or a tissue.. cause that is what all the sisters I knew used. and it put it on their head. That would be the end of the study. No amount of explaining would convince me that, that covering ones head has the same symbloism in our modern world as it did back then. Sorry..they just look silly with the hankey on their head.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Hilarious. When I was in high school and had to go to JW "religious instruction" classes, one of the students was baptised, so the 'sister' had to run the class with a 'head covering'.

Almost as funny as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy628g1VDSU

• smiddy
    smiddy

This thread is priceless , maybe they need a dome of silence to go with them when a baptised brother and sister are together at a door.

smiddy

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

silly little rules that serve no purpose other than to reinforce the control of its members....were I a sister I'd tell them where to stick these ridiculous rules.. .

• jambon1
    jambon1

Silly rules for props who have to be told how to think.

Its as if the society are trying to make them look even more odd and ridiculous than they already are.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

all the trappings of a true cult........

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

official WT "Emergency Doorstep Study" head covering:

It looks like s**t, but at least a JW woman can retain her dignity.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

It's "for the angels" doncha know. Seeing a JW sister wearing a hankie on her head helps the angels be submissive to Jehovah.

How?

Stop asking questions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit