Nov 2013 KM Question Box. Head coverings on Doorstep bible studies

by BroMac 73 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Ha, minimus, you can count it as a "study" if you stand there discussing a brochure for 15 mins, once a week for three weeks.

Now with added headscarf.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

WTF.....Bible studies are going to drop from the stat's

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Another JW Woman ready for Field Service..

Does this Bucket make ..

My Ass look Too Big?!..

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xt/152517920.jpg?v=1&g=fs1%7C0%7CICO%7C17%7C920&s=1

......................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I really don't understand this below:

“This is a pre arranged session of teaching where the one conducting the study actually presides. Under these circumstances, a study becomes an extension of the congregation."

So, by this reasoning, the sister is presiding over a study within the congregation? I don't think that was the intent here.

Rub a Dub

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Good point rub-a-dub. In the congregation, the only time a sister would wear a headscarf would be if she was doing a job normally done by men, but when no appropriate men are present.

Maybe they are moving towards a ruling that if a brother is present he should take the bible study, even if it's the sister's study?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Outlaw: Does this Bucket make .. My Ass look Too Big?!..

LOL.

No, it's not the bucket that makes your ass look too big!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

What's so wrong about a big looking ass anyway?

• nugget
    nugget

Stupid, this is when a rule becomes ridiculous and self fulfilling. I have seen sisters put a tea towel on their head to say a prayer because a young brother was in attendance at a mid week meeting for field service. Does God really think that it is more respectful to say a prayer with a cleaning cloth, hanky or random piece cloth on your head?

I used to find this the most annoying rule even more annoying than the stand up or sit down for the National anthem.

• minimus
    minimus

Females, then simply shouldn't conduct BS.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

This KM article is simply rewarmed, regurgitated WT rules:

"While teaching within the congregation is to be done by baptized men, both men and women have the responsibility of preaching and teaching outside the congregation. (Matthew 24:14; 28:19, 20) So when a Christian woman is speaking to outsiders about God’s Word in the presence of a male Witness of Jehovah, she would not need to wear a head covering.

However, the situation is different when a regular, scheduled Bible study is being conducted in a home and a dedicated, baptized male is present. This is a prearranged session of teaching where the one conducting the study actually presides. Under these circumstances, a study becomes an extension of the congregation." (W 7-15-02, p. 27 QFR)

Here's an interesting flip-flop:

w02 7/15 p. 27 Questions From Readers

Must Christian women wear a head covering when giving oral or sign-language translation of Bible discourses or when publicly reading the paragraphs from a Bible study aid that is being used at a congregation meeting? No. Sisters handling these duties are not presiding or teaching

compared to:

W 11-15-09, QFR:

"when interpreting talks for brothers during these meetings, when interpreting for the Watchtower Study conductor or the conductor of the Congregation Bible Study, or when taking the lead in signing songs, she should wear a head covering."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit