Nov 2013 KM Question Box. Head coverings on Doorstep bible studies

by BroMac 73 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BroMac
    BroMac

Should a female publisher wear a headcovering if she is accompanied by a male publisher at a door step Bible study?

When a female publisher conducts a regular ,scheduled Bible study and a male Kingdom publisher is present, she should wear a head covering.(1Cor. 11:3-10) The July 15, 2002 issue of The Watchtower, page 27, explains: “This is a pre arranged session of teaching where the one conducting the study actually presides. Under these circumstances, a study becomes an extension of the congregation. If a baptized female Witness conducts such a study with a bap tized male Witness present, she would rightly wear a headcovering.”This is true whether the study is conducted in a home, at the doorstep, or in some other setting. On the other hand, if a doorstep Bible study has not yet been established, a sister would not need to wear a head covering in the presence of a male Kingdom publisher, even if the purpose of the return visit is to demonstrate a Bible study or to consider material in one of the recommended study publications. Since doorstep studies are often established gradually, through a series of progressive return visits, publishers will need to consider the circumstances and be reasonable in determining at what point a headcovering should be used.

• jw07
    jw07

I wouldn't be suprised if they all have to wear a burka soon. WTF?????????????????

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Next issue:

"when washing my hands, should I wash up to my elbow? Or, should I wash above my elbow?"

"Is it acceptable to use two different types of thread in my clothing?"

"Fringes on your clothes- for Christians?"

(Matthew 23:4, 5)

They bind up heavy loads and put them upon the shoulders of men, but they themselves are not willing to budge them with their finger. 5 All the works they do they do to be viewed by men; for they broaden the [scripture-containing] cases that they wear as safeguards, and enlarge the fringes [of their garments].

• sir82
    sir82

This of course will cause a flurry of letters to Brooklyn, since JWs seem to enjoy being told exactly what to do.

"So how many doorstep studies are to be conducted until it moves from 'progressive' to 'gradual' to 'established'? Is it 3 studies? 4? 5? 6? 7? 8?"

"What if I've conducted 6 studies but then there is a period of 24 days in which the student goes on vacation? Is it still 'established' or has it regressed to merely 'progressive' again?"

"What if the study is 'established' but the householder stands at his doorstep due to his having a cold? It's at his doorstep - do I still have to cover my head?"

"What if it is hay fever instead of a cold?"

You laugh but I guarantee you there will be dozens if not hundreds of similar letters received, leading to a "clarification" later on.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

If anyone actually wrote in asking this question they need a kick up the behind.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Sir82 LOL!

“This is a pre arranged session of teaching where the one conducting the study actually presides."

letter to Brooklyn: " What if a study is not "pre-arranged", a sister is just making a return visit, but a spontaneous Bible Study breaks out? Since it was not pre-arranged, is the study still an "extension of the congregation"? Technically, is she "presiding"? If no head covering material is available, would the sister need to immediately stop the 'study' and return later with approved head covering? Or, should she ask the male publisher with her to simply leave? If he leaves, can he still count his time?

What if a sister is studying with a Catholic nun at the doorstep of a convent? In this case is the convent considered an "extension" of the congregation or is it still a house of demons? If it is a house of demons, technically would the sister still need to wear a head covering? If it is an extension of the congregation, can the JW call the nun "sister" without offending Jehovah? "

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Shirley,

It depends, did she take a crap?

zed

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Perhaps they should just release an app that answers questions like this :)

They could call it the Kingdom Rules App - or Krapp for short. Publishers can keep their Krapp in the ministry bag or even use Krapp to answer at meetings.

• besty
    besty

Dec 2013 KM Question Box. How do I explain my new headwear to my doorstep study on a hot day?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well atleast they are not required to wear a Burka while conducting a door to door bible study:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit