Another story... possibly final story

by confusedandalone 134 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

oh my goodness, your brother IS a prick. A self-righteous prick.

Credit card debts are unsecured. They can just stop paying them. Let them and your brother know that THEY are the ones "bringing reproach on Jehovah's congregation" because THEY are the ones who ran up debts they couldn't pay. I wouldn't give them two cents.

If they become homeless, they might have to come live with you! It would make it pretty hard for them to refuse to speak to you, eh? I'd offer them living space if necessary, food if necessary, but not a single dime.

I just love the crazy logic -- we need $10K, so hurry up and give it to us before you get DF and we can't talk to you any more. Jesus!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Him: Maybe Jehovah is allowing them this blessing before you are disfellowshipped?

Maybe Jehovah has nothing to do with any of this!

Him: This will be my last comunication with you. .... I love you and wish you the best as you continue your path in life.

It never ceases to amaze me how those under cult mind-control cannot see the contradiction inherent in unloving statements like this.

I guess the "I love you" tag is a salve to their seared consciences.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

" I guess the "I love you" tag is a salve to their seared consciences. " - My point exactly....

Well I am off to dig up all the publications I can find as well as my meeting bags and I will pile them in disarray on the floor and tell them to take all of it with them. I plan on making this visit as uncomfortable as possible. I will return this evening. Wish me luck

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    He and his wife gave up pioneering. They are working toward the circuit work AGAIN...
    My parents wont even bother asking him because they do not want to HINDER him.
    Yet they will harrass me for anything and everything else freaking pathetic..

Tell him:

"Get a real Job so you don`t have to Sponge Off people"..

"If you weren`t a Professional Bum,you could help our parents out"..

.....................  photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• whathappened
    whathappened

If you give your father the money you are a much bigger, way more generous person that anyone I know.

Credit card debt is unsecured. There is nothing they can do to your parents but harrass them with telephone calls.

When they pass away, the credit card companies cannot go after you or your sweet, kind, thoughtful brother.

I wouldn't pay it.

Another solution is just to pay the minimun balance until they are gone. That will keep the creditors from hounding them.

They have to learn to do what the Bible says and not borrow money, count the cost, etc., etc.

• nugget
    nugget

This reminds me of Jesus rebuking those who were saying they couldn't help their aged parents because their money was dedicated to the temple (corban I think.) If it was wrong then it is certainly wrong now. Your brother needs to consider his financial obligation to his parents before reaching out to the circuit work. If they had given to him out of their surplus then he may be able to forget it but this came out of their need. The man has no conscience.

I expect you will fume and give them the money in the end. It says a lot that their JW son is more selfish than their non JW one. What I would do is ask your parents if they would sell you your brother's debt, then tell your brother he is in debt to you and as you are an evitl apostate he would not wish to be embarrassed by such a financial obligation and would need to pay this off as soon as possible.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

I am so sorry if your brother is escalating this situation. This should come about on your terms not his. The brothers didnt have a problem with you about a month ago when they requested your assistance in employment opportunities. Don't be surprise if they show you copies of your text to your brother especially regarding the cigars. I hate to be spiteful but if so, no loan until after the JC decision. - I'd be like, "Hey dad, I can't access the funds been so busy with these JC meetings, my brother bought on, here's a little something to carry you for the next month, hopefully I can get you squared away by then."

• whathappened
    whathappened

You know the more I think about this the more upset I get.

Your mom and dad felt it was totally OK to run up the charge card because after all Armageddon was coming before they would ever have to pay it off.

All the charges were to support kingdom interests and Jehovah would approve of this. They are victims like the rest of us but just dont realise it.

It is too late for them, at their age, what can they do, go back to work?

Again, nothing is going to happen to them if they don't pay the bills. There is no debtors prison or anything like that.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Goodluck confusedandalone!

But what will your parents do when they can't touch you for any more money?

What will the elders do when they have more cast aways that need jobs?

They need you more than you need them at this point. I'm just not sure if they see it yet...

Good luck, and have fun!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Sounds like you are gonna go out with a bang!

Can't wait to hear your report!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit