Another story... possibly final story

by confusedandalone 134 Replies latest jw experiences

• bennyk
    bennyk
    He and his wife gave up pioneering. They are working toward the circuit work AGAIN...

I am confused. How could your brother be "working toward the circuit work again" when he knows he is not exemplary?

What I mean is that your brother has, after all, "disowned the faith and is worse than a person without faith." (1 Tim. 5:8 NWT)

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

CandA,

Sorry to hear that you are going through this. It sounds way too familiar. If I were in your shoes, I would decline providing the help and let my JW family do what needs to be done. For your brother to state that you are being used by Jehovah to help them out and then expect that after you help them out you will be cast aside is ludicrous.

A quick story to help solidfy my position. A couple months ago, a brother was talking about how he had started to slow down in his service, you know, missing meetings and service, signs of complacency. He said that one night, to show how far he had gotten away from Jehovah, he was being bothered by only what he could refer to as "the demons." Because of this event, he started back to the meetings and service and now...he is fine.

I asked him, "So, the demons helped you get back to Jehovah? "

His reply, "Well, no. The "experience" of what happens when you draw away from Jehovah. That's what helped me."

"But, the experience was caused by the demons because you had drawn away right? They knew you were weak so they attacked you and now you're back. So, they really helped you get back to Jehovah. That's all I'm saying."

He was a bit perplexed, but conceded.

Point is. If the scripture is right, namely James 1:13, "For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone." Then what "union is there between good and evil" and "you cannot eat from the table of God and of the demons." I mean, if all those scriptures are true, then why in the world would they want anything at all to do with you if you are SOOOOOO evil! It is psychological abuse and manipulation.

It's like the guy that wins the lottery, gets called into a judicial committee for gambling and then gets public reproof only because he gives half of his money to the congregation. (Not that this has happened to my knowledge. It is simply a farsical way of describing the double standard.)

Just my thoughts,

SOP

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

I was just thinking, how selfish is it if your brother is getting the ball rolling on your df, when he knows that it could interfere with your parents' "cons hints" in receiving your assistance? You would think that he would keep his mouth shut (at least until they get the money) since he can't help.

Maybe he is a tad jealous of your new found freedom and means to help your parents, while he is slaving for Jah?

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Good Evening,

So at 5:07 the gate buzzer is pushed and it is my former secretary and my for field service group overseer. I have been waiting for this "fact finding" mission of theirs. Everyone knows how I feel, I have expressed it to many. So this meeting is just a religious formality... I was an elder so I knew what this was about. FORMALITIES in a religion sicken me. Much like everything in watchtower.

Anyway I buzz them in, they get to my front door and give me the traditional phony greeting... Anyway my old group overseer asks the other brother to pray. I said, "Wait a minute... no one asked ME if they could pray in my home!"(THE LOOKS ON THEIR FACES WAS ENOUGH TO ALMOST GIVE ME A CHUBBY)

This was followed by me loudly saying, "Look, if you are going to pray then please take it right back outside... this is not a judicial committee!"

Secretary (who is slightly older than me) says, "My father doesn't yell at me why would you think you can?" I said, "YOUR IN MY HOUSE... I WILL DO WHAT I WANT. If you do not like it then leave..."

He proceeds to ask me what is this all about. I told him it is about you thinking you can come here and have some form of control over me and my life, but I have already made my choices and I have made them known. This visit is not what you said it would be. You said you wanted to stop by and see how we were doing. Instead you both came in with bibles in hand. Get over yourselves and get out.

However before you leave I have some things I need to return to the hall. I directed them toward the garage and on the floor was a pile of craptowers and books that my family has amassed. With a nice little note. I have included a picture.

I told them my SHepherding the Crock book was in the pile somewhere so they could have fun finding it and then leaving.

I also informed them that they are under no circumstances to contact my wife or my children ever again. If they do I will make sure that it will be on the news.

They were mostly quiet but the looks of horror on their faces was priceless. LET THE GAMES BEGIN

http://www.tinyuploads.com/gallery/view/bZQ3U5

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

LOVE IT!

Did they fish out the book, or did they take all of it? I would love to see two elders hauling out stacks of books, flustered as shit about the ass whooping they just took.

Wonder what they will do???? Probably go tell daddy on you!

• Oubliette
  • confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

I am sure it is going to be a big deal. The fact that I have stopped going has already caused a huge issue in the previous hall I was in apparently. Some people I assisted are apparently all broken up. I can't help that. If they LOVE JEHOVAH then my actions should not matter.

The did actually go through them to get the elders book. They also took the OD books(4) and the reasoning books and left the rest. All that other stuff is going in my firepit. I told them as well that if they want a comittee that it is up to them because I will not appear at any kingdom hall and no one is welcome in my home.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

You are my hero! Awesome.

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Wow, oh wow. I sort of love it. Just glad it's not me. I get knots in my stomach. But the presumptive audacity to come into someone's home and begin calling the shots like "Brother Jones will pray for us." Oh yeah?

I was going to suggest that you could make the minimim payments on your dad's credit card bill if would cut up the cards. He did say that his yes means yes, not his yes means yes you will cover him. But then, he might as well pay the credit card as pay you back $100 a month. By the way, the credit card company will be happy to accept an arrangement of $100 a month from a senior.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

CONFUSEDANDALONE:

I am proud of you! When reading the story I almost felt like I was there!

It is typical for them to try and disrespect somebody in their OWN home. The religion does not respect people's boundaries and they almost have an attitude of eminent domain. Can you imagine if they had any REAL power? It would be scary.

I don't think the drama is quite over. You see, you were an elder, and you have a business - to boot. They don't like losing men in general. But a man that has something going for him is another thing entirely. If you were a "sister" you'd be forgotten very soon.

I don't think you've heard the last of them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit