Another story... possibly final story

by confusedandalone 134 Replies latest jw experiences

• Splash
    Splash

For Jehovah to act they must first have FAITH, not doubting at all.

Why go to the world when all things belong to Jehovah?

*** w95 7/15 p. 14 par. 20 The Dignified Role of Women Among God’s Early Servants ***
    And when the widow of a prophet faced a creditor who was prepared to take her children to pay off her debt, Jehovah did not leave her in the lurch. Lovingly, God enabled the prophet Elisha to multiply her supply of oil so that she could pay the debt. Thus she preserved her family and her dignity.—Exodus 22:22, 23; 2 Kings 4:1-7.

Your brother should step up. He is in a position to help, even if it means some refinancing.

Splash

• mindnumbed
    mindnumbed

confusedandalone ... if $10k is not a burden to you, why not give it to him, let him know it is a gift, not from Jehovah, but from their son. Make sure they get rid of credit cards and that you can't bail them out again because of bad financial decisions on their part. If it is something that is possible for you, it will be good for you, leave no bad feelings expecting part of their meager social security every month, and will reap fiery coals on your brother and parents. If they insist it is Jehovah that is using you, so what, you know better.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

I said file for bankruptcy... his response is, "I have to let my yes mean yes... i made the bills so I have to pay for them"

But what he really means is "I made the bills but you have to pay for them"

The entitled attitude of your brother is shocking.

Jehovah is loving holding off your disfellowshipping to allow you to give money to your parents before he forces them to shun you?

If it was me, and I could afford it, I would give them 5k as a gift, & 'expect' my brother to pay the rest or at least take over the rest of the payments.

But your brother is a real piece of work!

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@ confusedandalone - You pwned your brother big time in that text exchange, well done. Being loving to your folks is key. Showing them that despite your status in the WT Org you love them and will help them shows that you are NOT mentally diseased and all that baloney.

But you are not responsible for their poor financial planning. And their own WT has come out with articles in recent times on bankruptcy that says a Christian can file for this and should not be judged.

pwned

*** w1994 9/15 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***
    "..It is not for the Christian congregation to offer legal advice on this...the Bible does not rule out the possibility that in an extreme situation, a Christian may avail himself of the protection offered by Caesar’s bankruptcy laws. However, Christians should be exceptional as to honesty and reliability."

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

mindnumbed - I hear where you are coming from. I have no problem giving them the money. One of the many problems is the fact that they are RUSHING me to give them money before I get disfellowshipped. That to me is disgusting and it is pathetic. Me and my wife discussed it and even she is depressed by their actions.

Please note as well that my mother has already made it known that she will not speak to me until I comeback to Jehovah and that she has other "spiritual children" in the congregation who love her.

So it is kind of difficult to do nice things for people when one of them refuses to speak to you, the other is only speaking to you because they want money and that the speaking will end as soon as an announcement is made.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

@Sapphy I have already been informed by my brother that he is NOT going to pay for anything because he has a family. Mind you his family is smaller than mine LOL. Such love amongst them LOL. He has spent all these years sucking money from them to turn around and give them the middle finger.

@Ray - Thanks ROFL. I will forever remember that he spelled conscience "conshints" and then said spellcheck did it... ROFL

• mindnumbed
    mindnumbed

@confusedandalone .... here is a strange suggestion .... arrange your own judicial meeting .... invite the elder from the liquor store, the elder that asked you to hire the laid off bethelite and the laid off bethelite who I think you said was also serving as an elder. :) force their hand

• scary21
    scary21

They should file for bankuptcy......Let your yes mean yes........He is WAY past that...He means,yes my son will pay for me....WTH

So what if his credit is ruined and he can't buy anything on CREDIT again. He is 75 and bought things he could not afford, and that is your problem ?

I say ,dont do it !

Now if he was homeless it would be different He could come live with a disfellowshiped person and never speak to them. That could be very interesting at the dinner table.....lol

I loved your answers to your brother. He sounds like he is from a other planet. This is so over the top crazy.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Practicing Godly Devotion Toward Elderly Parents

Recall what Jesus once told the Pharisees: “Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother’ . . . But you men say, ‘If a man says to his father or his mother: “Whatever I have by which you may get benefit from me is corban, (that is, a gift dedicated to God,)”’—you men no longer let him do a single thing for his father or his mother, and thus you make the word of God invalid by your tradition.”—Mark 7:10-13.

5 If a Jew did not care to assist his destitute parents, he needed only to declare his belongings “corban”—a gift set aside for temple use. (Compare Leviticus 27:1-24.) He was evidently under no immediate compulsion, however, to hand over this supposed gift. Thus he could hold onto (and no doubt use) his belongings indefinitely. But if his parents needed financial help, he could wriggle out of his duty by piously declaring that all he owned was “corban.” Jesus condemned this fraud.

6 A Christian who uses empty excuses to evade his duty is thus not fooling God. (Jeremiah 17:9, 10) True, financial problems, failing health, or similar circumstances may greatly limit how much one can do for one’s parents. But some may simply value assets, time, and privacy more than their parents’ welfare. How hypocritical it would be, though, to preach the Word of God but make it “invalid” by our inaction toward parents!

The Watchtower 1987, June 1, page 14 pars. 4-6

Caring for the Aged—A Growing Problem

The elderly have their aches and pains, and understandably they can at times be complaining and crotchety, not always congenial and of a sunny disposition. None of which means that a strenuous effort should not be made to care for an elderly parent in the home.

Awake! 1991, March 22, page 5

• Gayle
    Gayle

It is wise to never give an addicted person cash. So, no cash!!! (They might would give some of that to the WTS) They are addicted to the WTS and sounds like they have just given to your brother too.

At best, if you help your 'ill' (addicted) parents, ask them to send any certain specific bills for you to pay straight yourself, and/or you could send local grocery store gift cards for food.

They will only despise you because of your stance, no matter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit