Another story... possibly final story

by confusedandalone 134 Replies latest jw experiences

• Incognito
    Incognito

Giordano,

I've gotten the impression that C&A is not concerned with identifying loopholes to 'permit' or force his parents to talk to him.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Sorry Incognito while my post evidently went through I can't see it on windows 7 and don't know if what I said works for anyone else. My thought was to find a way to keep open a line of communication. People do change their minds as we see almost daily.

• whathappened
    whathappened

I previous poster did bring up an interesting aspect of this situation. Your parents are going to still donate to the Watchtower Society, spend their recourses on gasoline, service and meeting clothes, lunches for CO's, DO's, Pioneer meetings, etc. If you help them out you are seeing to it that more money flows to the evil cult...just a thought you may want to consider.

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

C&A. I hope all is well. I know you were fed up with everything. i thought it was great the way you stood up for yourself. I am sorry that your brother is such a jerk.

Was there any more fall out?

Please keep us posted. We care.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Wow C&A, I am sorry you are going through this. Your brother is not a nice person and it is so nasty what he did. I think you need to do what makes you feel good and what your conscience allows you to do. You have a lot to think about and I would take your time so that you make the right decision for you and your immediate family.

• laverite
    laverite

How much do you want to bet that your dad will STILL want the money after you are DFd. Sure, his conscience may bother him, but the bills...He'll want the money still. And will want to shun you at the same time.

I certainly wouldn't give them the money. Let the others in the family who are not being shunned deal with it. You'll just be lightening the load of those who are treating you like crap. Your brother may have "obligations" but what choice will he have? He knows it's in his best interest for you to fork over the money ASAP.

You don't owe them a thing, so don't give them anything. Let your brother have to earn some money to help them.

• laverite
    laverite

...And who the heck cares if your brother says he can't. Of course he can. He can get an extra part-time job and get that $10,000 paid off eventually. He could always wash some windows or mow some lawns in the evenings or on the weekends.

Why should it fall onto your shoulders to make HIS life easier?

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Intersting developments Confused&A. You just got to love a JW family don't ya?

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

CAA - Nice job handling your brother, I feel the same way about my uber JW sister. Sometimes you just have to call them on their BS and put them on notice so that you don't have to pretend to like them anymore. The way you handled the elders is priceless; putting them on the defensive right at the start worked well. Those elders are such pious idiots starting off with a prayer like that. You've inspired me to want to have a confrontation with the elders the next time they come knocking.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Quote: Are you giving them the money? Dad is in a bind and he is worried that if you get disfellowshipped before you give him the money that his conshints with Jehovah will be marred. What is wrong with you, can you imagine how that will make him feel if he has to borrow monies from a disfellowshiped child?

WTF is that guy talking about... in their opinion you are "dead" to them anyways... they only seem to keep you alive for the "money"!

If anyone would EVER aproach me like that it would be the lost conversation I would have with that person from MY point of view... and not theirs! I mean: it would be a lack of selfrespect not to do so otherwise.

I am shocked by the fact that people treat you like this. We are not even talking about "ordinary people" but your own family. I have experienced the same with family but not in such a scale like this.

The only thing they should have is "respect" for your actions! It is not your personal duty to give money to your parents (and/or brother) but still you do. They even say that Jehovah is using you to give them money. What kind of mindjump is that? I mean... does God use an "evil apostate" to help "true christians"? The only thing they see is money and they see it like the WTS sees it.

Also I read the other story about the elder... now I have also read some other (good) topics of you and it seems to me that you are a succesfull entrepeneur (prob. with money to back that statement). If you weren't in that situation, would the elder you are talking about put the same effort in you? If you were a poor bumb would he give the same attention?... be carefull... personally I do not think they are interested in you as a person but more interested in your "usefullness".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit