Another story... possibly final story

by confusedandalone 134 Replies latest jw experiences

• jgnat
    jgnat

Some other scriptures come to mind:

They are like children sitting in the marketplace and calling out to each other: "'We played the pipe for you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge, and you did not cry.' - Luke 7:32.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

confusedandalone:

Whatever you do is your business....however, if it were me I would tell my parents that this is the LAST money they would ever get from me, regardless of what your status in the idiot religion would be.

I would bow out and make sure they all knew about it. Anybody who wanted nothing to do with me would get nothing from me. And, I don't feel this is being "cruel" either. My responsibility ended when they said their last goodbye to me.

You say your dad said that his "yes should be yes, etc." well, why didn't he quote the scripture about "counting the cost"? Witnesses are so irresponsible and full of sh#t when it comes to this.

If he gets himself into any other debt from this point forward, he should be on his own.

If you refuse to take a stand on this you will be footing his irresponsible bills for the rest of his life.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

"I have to say though that I have kind of begun to just look at them with pity. They are trapped - yet they feel I am the one backed up in a corner."

I kind of agree with this view and think it may be a good approach to take. Remember, they are acting in harmony with what the org has ingrained into their conscience. In their mind, they are doing what they are suppose to do by being overly concerned with the status of your spirituality and shunning if you reject. This is suppose to be a "loving" way of bringing you to your senses. In their mind they have no choice but it is you that chose to leave Jehovah. The recent DC reinforced dealings with DF family members even saying something like Jesus said that if we put any human before him that blood is not thicker than holy spirit. So with so much recent push from the org regarding apostate and DF ones, it's no wonder they are that way. You are free of that thinking, while they are not.

I get that if they feel that way about you they shouldn't want your money, but this could be a good lesson or eye opener for your parents & any other witness relatives. Most parents dont want to be a burden, and they will remember who came through for them. As others stated, kill them with kindness. The things your brother stated was crazy...it made me think of the older brother in the Prodigal Son video...so self righteous, even sounded a little jealous of the fun the other brother was having.

• besty
    besty

Just tell them you will pay the 10K in 8 weeks or as soon as you are disfellowshipped whichever comes first.

Why dont you call Brooklyn Bethel and ask for their advice -

'hey I'm about to get DF'd for apostasy but my JW folks need 10k off me to pay some credit card bills. Thing is they don't want to take money of a disfellowshipped apostate for conscience reasons, so they would prefer to have the cash before I get DF'd. Just wonder if you have some advice for them? What bible principle applies to taking money of a disfellowshipped relative, or an pre-disfellowshipped apostate relative?'

• gbrn
    gbrn

No matter how many times I hear examples of people like your brother, it still leaves me in utter shock. I'm just blown away that people who are IN refuse to think that the WT has any hand in damaging family bonds. The fact that they blame anyone who simply chooses not to believe makes me so angry. I had a friend recently tell me what he hates the most is not the fact that old friends and family shun him even though never DFd, but that every once in awhile he will get a call or text from a JW asking for something (usually $$, or wanting him to do something free for them since he has a lot of business training). Sounds like my friend is not the only one... I really admire the way you are handling this, keeping your cool and all. It sure got my blood boiling, because his wording is so typical of a Witness. No normal person talks like that. Glad you called your bro out on it, even though he didn't respond to that comment directly.

• Ding
    Ding

Sorry all this is happening in your family...

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I wonder if they would still "negotiate" with you if you told them you DA'd yourself ?

Rub a Dub

• Incognito
    Incognito

It sounds as though you are not currently being persued by your elders but that your brother is taking steps to ensure you are Df'd.

As you have bailed your parents-out before, I would be tempted to layback and not be too quick to bail them out again. I know due to YOUR conscience and UNCONDITIONAL LOVE, it's easier said than done especially if you can afford to do so.

As your father said he would pay you back at $100/mo, how does he expect on doing that especially considering he and your mother have limited income? As I assume the debt they already couldn't pay for was for necessities, I think he is not realistic and will likely soon again amass additional dept which he again will expect you to pay. Easy come, easy go!

I suspect that if you were to be df'd, he will feel that he does not need to pay you back as paying a df'd person would affect his conscience and relationship with Jehovah.

As your parents have already demonstrated that their love relationship with you is conditional and as you are already considered to be mentally diseased, I suggest to not provide them any money. You could give the reason that you wouldn't want them to do anything that would affect their relationship with Jah by temping them with money as the fact that you are currently not df'd is only a technicallity as you have unofficially disassociated yourself.

I realy think it's time for your brother to step-up to some family responsibility. He wants to appear so righteous to others but as he is unwilling to assist in the care of his elderly parents, how can he in clear conscience assist the 'flock', many of whom are strangers to him. It could be thrown back at him that as an Elder, his responsibilities begin at home including with his own parents so by not assisting with their needs, he is no longer qualified to be an Elder.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

So in essence he wants me to hurry up and fork over money so that he can accept it with a clean conscience...

Will he be able to pay you back with a clear concience after you`ve been DF`d?..

He`d be giving Money to da Debil!!..

....................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

I just got the phone call that I will be visited by the brother who's bookstudy I was in and the secretary this evening.

This will be great!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit