After 2000 years since JC was executed ,why have we heard not a whisper from GOD ALMIGHTY ?

by smiddy 268 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec

Cofty, what an untestable and unscientific claim. You have no way of proving that statement true, or even showing it to BE true. You have to assume that there is no God, in order to make that statement.

If God is real, you have no way of knowing what a world would look like without Him. Because you don't have that world. So I can make statements like that too.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

do you follow any holy texts?

What do you mean by follow?

Do you mean that I accept some as true? I do.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

Tammy the onus is on the superstitious lobby like you to provide evidence that there is such a thing as a "spirit" world - whatever that is supposed to mean. It is not for rational people to prove otherwise.

Your subjective fantasies are not evidence of anything.

Your model of god extends no further than an invisible being that whispers useless platitudes in your ear. A world where she did not exist would look precisely like this world.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Well as it is God has gone to every civilizations and said he is different guys in every different nation.

Hindus / Buddhists / Taoists / Christians /Muslims / whatever other way god has revealed himself to man... all teaching contradictory arguments.

What is worse is the audacity <insert Religions adherent here> have of believing that their God is the only right one. However if you do not believe that your version of GOD is not the only right one then what is the point of all this. I was watching a video of these Hidu guys who wrap their penises around a stick and stretch them to the point they no longer work to please their god... their god told them to do this.

Then I see Christians everyday going out there and killing people in the name of their God and they think their God approves.... LOLZ

• tec
    tec

Tammy the onus is on the superstitious lobby like you to provide evidence that there is such a thing as a "spirit" world - whatever that is supposed to mean. It is not for rational people to prove otherwise.

Well, truthfully, there is no onus on me to convince you of anything. Nor am I trying to do so.

If you want to know, then I can share what I have been given, and then the onus is on you, for what you personally DO.

But what I said to you had nothing to do with THAT... and only spoke to the statement that you made. Which statement you have no way of proving to be true. Without a point of reference of what a world would look like with no god... verses one with a god... you can't accurately make that statement.

Peace,

tammy

• Django_Unchained
    Django_Unchained

@tec

which texts do you believe are true?

• cofty
    cofty

You have missed the point as usual Tammy.

It's reasonable to start from the assumption that there is no invisible supernatural world.

If somebody is going to make strange assertions about heaven and spirits and angels and spiritual bodies, it is only reasonable to ask them to provide extraordinary evidence.

If all they can come back with is voices in their head then it is reasonable to dismiss their fantasies.

• tec
    tec

Well as it is God has gone to every civilizations and said he is different guys in every different nation.
    Hindus / Buddhists / Taoists / Christians /Muslims / whatever other way god has revealed himself to man... all teaching contradictory arguments.

He is never a different guy. But men do create their 'gods' very often in their own image... and that is why there are contradictory arguments.

What is worse is the audacity <insert Religions adherent here> have of believing that their God is the only right one. However if you do not believe that your version of GOD is not the only right one then what is the point of all this.

That is the problem... people believing their 'version' of God.

There is one who does reveal God... that one is Christ. That doesn't mean that 'christianity' is right. Christianity is divided. God is not.

Of course, other religions will make similar statements. But what can a person do about that? There are false christs... there are false gods. There are 'versions' that are out there because of what man has added in or taken away from.

So one might test, and one might ask for truth, and one might listen to what they are given... without worrying so much about what others say.

I was watching a video of these Hidu guys who wrap their penises around a stick and stretch them to the point they no longer work to please their god... their god told them to do this.

Ouch.

Then I see Christians everyday going out there and killing people in the name of their God and they think their God approves.... LOLZ

Well, the golden calf that they have created in place of the One who is supposed to be their God, might approve (or the 'god of this world' might approve)... but they would not be following Christ, no matter their claims. Just have to look at Him to know that, as opposed to looking at men and what men, religous leaders, political leaders, etc, teach.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

which texts do you believe are true?

Well, what is written in the bible, for the most part... as these are about the Father of Christ. Though not being inerrant, and certainly being subject to mistranslation/interpretation/scribal errors. There are truths written about in the Quran as well, and I am sure there are some truths in the other holy books (but I have not read them).

I test anything written or heard, against Christ, his teachings, love. It is Him I follow though. What is written points TO Him, but is NOT Him.

You have missed the point as usual Tammy.

No, I didn't. You changed the point. You made a statement that you have no way of knowing to be true or not.

It's reasonable to start from the assumption that there is no invisible supernatural world.

Then go ahead and be 'reasonable'.

If somebody is going to make strange assertions about heaven and spirits and angels and spiritual bodies, it is only reasonable to ask them to provide extraordinary evidence.

Strange assertions? You are being obtuse. You taught 'christianity' in two different forms, for quite some time... so nothing that I have shared should be 'strange' to you.

If all they can come back with is voices in their head then it is reasonable to dismiss their fantasies.

Then by all means, Cofty... dismiss anything you want to dismiss. Its not my job to convince you, or even within my ability. I can share what I am given, put it out there... you can do whatever you choose to do with it. That's it; that's all.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

So we are agreed then that you absolutely nothing. Not one iota of evidence for all your extraordinary supernatural claims apart from the voices in your head.

Got it, thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit