After 2000 years since JC was executed ,why have we heard not a whisper from GOD ALMIGHTY ?

by smiddy 268 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec

you admit is unverified AND unverifiable

Darlin' I don't admit that. Never have. I have stated the opposite, but the means by which what I hear CAN be verified is not acceptable to you (and others). There is nothing I can do about that though.

except to garner a bit of attention, and perhaps to act as if you're superior to everyone else, which is NOT exactly a new thing, eg the GB: we've ALL been there, done that, and the World is FULL of those claiming the gift of channeling the message of

God/Jesus/Zeus/Ahura

Mazda/Thor/etc

I don't do this either, though there are many accusations that others make stating so.

Nothing I can do about that either.

(funny side bit... mP tells me I'm selfish for not sharing more, you tell me I'm ego-centric for sharing at all, lol)

BTW, Jesus refused to offer 'signs'

Signs... to those asking for them, who had no faith, and who wanted to prove Him false.

Because He certainly performed many signs otherwise. Healing, walking on water, calming the storm, loaves and fish, the resurrection.

Father, why have you foresaken me?" comes to mind as his "Whoops, what was I thinking, claiming to be a Jewish Messiah?!

No it doesn't. You don't ask someone why they have abandoned you, if you already know the answer: that you are false.

It's also another example of Jesus violating Divine character, since it directly violates the concept of his having insight into Master Plan of serving as the "perfect sacrifice" to redeem mankind from the sin of Adam. Instead, he seems out of the loop?

It's also an example of pain speaking, even if only for a moment.

Again, the point is that you experience an inner gut feeling, a hunch, a twitch

If that is what you think... you're not listening. I don't actually expect you to do otherwise, but I have not described hearing in such a way, at all.

Because "lying scribes" SUPPORTS my hypothesis that the Bible shows evidence of change over time, a characteristic of the work of men; change over time is not consistent with a "perfect unchangable" God who issues ABSOLUTE standards of morality.

Actually, the only 'change' is that Christ shows us the Truth, and so anything that came before is subject to HIM, as the Word and Image of God. You can also find the Father He shows us, in passages in the OT, as well as the conflicting accounts/descriptions in the OT.

But I do believe that you said, things had been tampered with. So that does not support your 'change over time'... hypothesis; that is tampering.

In comparison, you point to "lying scribes" as a DEFENSE to explain why you feel entitled to cherry-pick scriptures from a Divinely-inspired book at will, to explain away the discrepancies. (We're not arguing from the same position, hence we're going to use the same

evidence differently.)

Why do you feel the need to describe/define my actions? This is just your interpretation. I dont do what you have listed above either. The bible is not one book, for one. The bible is not the Truth, for two. Christ is the Truth. Why in the world would I believe anything over Him, if that thing contradicts Him... when I KNOW that there are errors in translation or understanding, etc, that have found their way into various books?

You're arguing AGAINST the value of faith now?

No, I am arguing against your definition of faith, and the value that you place on that.

Read my post on the last page, where I explained my understanding that Christians and skeptics are sitting on OPPOSITE sides of the FAITH teeter-totter: per the Bible, the true Christian believes in Jesus DESPITE a COMPLETE lack of supportive evidence to bolster their

belief, relying exclusive on faith; the skeptic DEMANDS sufficient visible evidence in order to accept a belief in Jesus, so they don't REQUIRE FAITH, but require EVIDENCE.

I highlighted the addendums that you have attached to try and make your point stronger.

My faith is based on evidence. You may not accept that evidence, but that doesn't make faith blind. You want specific... visible... evidence; and faith is in what is unseen. But it is not based on nothing. I already said this, so i wont' continue to emphasize, as we will just repeat ourselves.

If all faith was blind, then we really wouldn't need the term, blind faith, now would we?

That's why I said that Christian faith THRIVES in the ABSENSE of evidence, and even should grow STRONGER upon exposure to counter-evidence! That's what makes JWs so dogmatic, for one: they REFUSE to examine ANY evidence which threatens their faith (AKA

Christian defense mechanism).

Well, I have no problem with any evidence... and none of it threatens my faith. Counter-evidence does not make one's faith grow stronger, unless perhaps one learns from that evidence and realizes that the evidence actually makes their faith stronger in God, just perhaps weaker in say, a religious organization and men leading those.

This is not Christianity per Adamah: I offered scriptures, citing 2nd Cor 5:7 ("For we walk by FAITH, not sight") and Romans 8:24 ("For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees? 25 But if we hope for what we

do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it.")

Well, perhaps you should more closely examine Hebrews 11, which i referred to earlier, paying particular attention to the basis of their faith... being what they heard, and then DOING as they heard. (when warned; when called; when God spoke; when commended; when God said) There is no conflict with the passages you quoted. I just hoped to give you something further to add to your personal interpretation of what faith IS, by how you have interpreted scripture (cherry-picking, yourself).

Does not the Bible ENCOURAGE you TOO to protect and build your faith, NOT by seeking ANY evidence to justify your beliefs? If you actually believe it, why would you counteract the Bible's admonishment by claiming your personal experience as supportive EVIDENCE?

Seems to me you'd be DOWNPLAYING it, as it truly IS blind faith.

Ah no, it doesn't encourage any such thing... though even if it did, Christ does not, and HE is the one I follow. Make your calling sure. Test the inspired expressions. Be wary of false prophets and false christs. Watch out for wolves in sheep's clothing. It's all ABOUT testing.

My faith is built on Christ. He IS the evidence. The truth of his teachings, and other such things to start.... and that faith has been made SURE, and answered, in Him. I cannot deny Him without denying truth. Not because that is some platitude, but because I know and hear Him.

I mean, is it ME, the atheist, who just doesn't get it, or am missing something about how faith is supposed to work for Christians?

Well, I don't think its you. It isn't taught in mainstream christianity, either, as far as I know. But so what? I am not a member of mainstream christianity, or the religion of christianity.

'Christianity' has done some pretty awful things and even taught them to be from God, even though they have been against Christ.

I'm just telling you about my experience. And this whole... faith being blind, doesn't make sense to me (other than technically not being about sight... religion is a sight thing with its visible leaders and structures and doctrines and statues and paintings and icons and rules and specific clothes, etc; faith is about the Spirit... and the Spirit is heard, but not often seen; that is what walking by faith means, over walking by sight)

Even written in the bible... if a blind man leads a blind man, both fall into the pit.

Perhaps you can offer ONE SPECIFIC CONCRETE EXAMPLE of how Jesus has directly influenced you, or "where something came to pass". Give us your BEST example.

I've given examples on this forum. They will not meet your requirements. The "BEST" examples are personal, at least to this date, and involve others, and I am not putting them here.

Why am I reminded of the decision JWs make to decide to partake of the anointed member? Same diff, from here.... A way to claim special status, that's utterly unprovable (and actually more indicative some unmet needs in their lives, to someone like me who

instinctively looks for reasons and motives behind such special claims).

A person who partakes might simply be doing so because Christ ASKS it of them, and they hear Him. Even if they might not recognize it. No doubt that some do it for false motives also, but so what? That is between them and God. To jump to a conclusion that they are doing so in order to claim special status or whatever... well that is indicative of a few things in itself.

JWs speak of using one's internal moral compass to make decisions on 'conscience' matters (i.e. matters which aren't determined by expression of God's Divine Will). The Bible-trained conscience is sharpened by Bible study; it is fueled by wisdom. Christians typically

claim how "horribly flawed" their decision-making skills are, even being unable to direct their own footsteps on their own without God's direction.

Okay, but what i was hoping for was a specific example. An anecdote of some sort, please. Because I am not sure how you are applying this to me.

The problem is most Christians don't BEGIN to ask the tough ethical and moral questions that need to be asked, since Christians are often self-centered (deep down), and often waste time discussing how unimportant they are (which belies their overblown egos, since

Jesus demanded that they put on the humble act, in order to be saved) and don't get around to actually discussing anything important like how to solve the World's immediate problems! Sigh....

You keep speaking about 'christians' and applying that to me, as if we are all one hive group, lol. And you are making assumptions at that.

Christ didn't tell anyone to put on an act... but we are to be humble before GOD; that does not mean be humble before men, when that involves watering down the truth or teachings of Christ. We are to speak boldly, but we are not to claim something as having come from ourselves, that came from Him.

Some people seem to waste time talking about how important they should act, or take credit for something that is not theirs (something that Christ taught them even), rather than getting around to discussing anything important ; ) In fact, that makes your statement kind of funny... people make things about the person sharing, and it is not about them... thereby themselves wasting time rather than talking about the important things, lol.

Peace to you,

tammy

• mP
    mP

Tammy:

you shouldnt call yourself xian, because for most of the world xian is a bad word associated with pain, evil and death. Just ask the native peoples of the Americas, or islamic peoples and so on.

IF you want to follow christ invent your own new word so the old connection with fake followers is lost. After all lets face it for most if not all of history the christian church has been evil.

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

Seven pages and thousands of words...and still no proof.

WHY...Because if there were most people would be able to recognize it and come to the same conclusions!

We are not stupid, naive, ignorant, or unwilling as a whole to be able to discern real proof.

With so many guesses SOMEONE MUST BE CORRECT! But who?

SW

• adamah
    adamah

Hi TEC,

Thanks for the reply.

Darlin' I don't admit that. Never have. I have stated the opposite, but the means by which what I hear CAN be verified is not acceptable to you (and others). There is nothing I can do about that though.

If you want to rely on the different definitions that exist for words (eg "verifiable") in the English language as used by various theologians vs their commonly-accepted scientific definition, then be my guest, but don't expect anyone ELSE to be fooled (much less impressed) by such evasive tactics, relying on the ambiguity of 'weasel words' and feeling you have the right to redefine meanings of words when it suits YOUR needs.

If you KNOW the meaning I intended but are intentionally obsfuscating, then you're being more than a tad intellectually-dishonest (a common trait amongst believers, I've found) and there's little point in continuing the discussion, since you're not open-minded, but merely PREACHING a message/agenda with no honest intent to change your position if presented with persuasive or compelling evidence/argument.

Again, it seems you don't accept the principle that TRUE FAITH is NOT evidenced by arguing evasively and relying on a forked-tongue Pharisee-like use of 'weasel words', but is demonstrated to others by honestly stating that there's NOTHING that ANYONE could present as VISIBLE VERIFIABLE evidence that would make them alter their belief. THAT'S faith.

(funny side bit... mP tells me I'm selfish for not sharing more, you tell me I'm ego-centric for sharing at all, lol)

Actually, those are not mutually-exclusive, which also explains part of the problem: it's selfish AND egocentric to play the "I've got a secret friend in Jesus, and you don't" tease game with others, since you've apparently never considered how childish it makes YOU appear to be to others? Telling everyone, "But you're just not trying HARD ENOUGH!" is simply not helpful, since you're now blaming the ones who don't share your auditory-perception quirk, so although it may be fueled by a very real auditory hallucination experienced by you, it actually demonstrates a lack of empathy on YOUR part by failing to consider how EVERYONE ELSE will perceive your claims.

Again, that very fact tends to undermine your claim of Jesus being the source of the voices, since it would mean that not only YOU are arrogant and insensitive, but that JESUS is arrogant and more than a bit of a childish by using some people to play his "Hide and Seek" game, since THAT'S the message Tammy is conveying on behalf of Jesus. You'd almost expect that if Jesus chose to communicate to some, he'd threaten to ignore them if they ever DARED to publicly state they were "special". THAT'S what a moral Jesus would do, if only so as to NOT appear like a big arse who shows favortism to some.

Father, why have you foresaken me?" comes to mind as his "Whoops, what was I thinking, claiming to be a Jewish Messiah?!

No it doesn't. You don't ask someone why they have abandoned you, if you already know the answer: that you are false.

Huh? You lost me.

You've likely never been abandoned by another person then, as your answer betrays a fundamental lack of insight into the psychology of abandonment.

Contrary to your words above, the abandoned child often spends their ENTIRE LIVES trying to answer the question of why their parents abandoned them, often blaming themselves as being fundamentally unlovable, not worthy of being loved, etc even long AFTER they HAVE been told an answer, or even after the parents had died. They mull the question (and answer) over in their minds, haunted by the question "WHY".

The self-blame tendency is often fueled by an utter absense of information, where the "true" answer (which the parent cannot offer, since they often lack the self-awareness needed to recognize it, much less ADMIT it the ones they harmed!) IS that the parents were simply self-centered narcissistics who lacked the capability to offer love to another living being, and likely did the child a FAVOR by offering them up for adoption where they at least had a CHANCE at life with non-sociopaths.

That feeling of abandonment also is (not coincidently) EXACTLY the same dynamic involved in how humans feel abandoned by God, as if God is playing some cruel game of "Hide and Seek" or "I've got a secret" or "I only call my FAV children, and the rest of you just aren't worth personal contact since you're DOING IT WRONG!!"

Even setting aside the MOUNTAINS of VERIFIABLE evidence from the World of evolution/physics, you think that a God who plays such games WARRANTS worship?

But back to your statement above:

Are you admitting that Jesus uttered those expressions of abandonment after struggling to figure out WHY his Father had foresaken him, and Jesus realized that he was just another false Jewish messiah claimaint (not the first, and not the last: there were literally HUNDREDS of others Jews who lived short incendiary lives as minor celebrities within Palestine by making that exact claim and performing magic tricks before large crowds)?

Or, are you denying that entire Bible passage, too (appealing to the "lying scribes" bit)?

How do you explain those words? Wait: I see you answered it with this:

It's also another example of Jesus violating Divine character, since it directly violates the concept of his having insight into Master Plan of serving as the "perfect sacrifice" to redeem mankind from the sin of Adam. Instead, he seems out of the loop?

Yeah, I'm not buying it, since that would somehow mean that Jesus experienced a moment of weakness and loss of faith in his Heavenly Father under the pain of bodily torture (where Jesus constantly spoke about the need to gain control over the flesh so as to purify the soul, putting spiritual interests ahead of the weaknesses of the flesh). Doesn't seem like "perfect" to me if he cried, "Uncle!" under significant bodily pain, and lost self-control. Jesus WAS claimed to be the Son of God, and appealing to his human side to make excuses for displays of "weakness of the flesh" by doubting his Father isn't going to fly with me.

The moment recorded in Matthew directly contradicts the OTHER two Gospel accounts (Luke and John) which portray Jesus as calm, cool, and in control at the moment of death, where Jesus KNEW WHAT was happening and WHY it was happening, right up until the moment of death (eg uttering the last words, "it is finished" in John, and "Father into thy hands I commend my spirit" in Luke).

(Let's set aside how Catholics rationalize Jesus' utterance of betrayal with Himself, since their trinity doctrine is questioned by such expressions of betrayal by ANOTHER independent being, much less how God's betrayal of himself isn't exactly evidence of "perfection".)

Again, the point is that you experience an inner gut feeling, a hunch, a twitch

If that is what you think... you're not listening. I don't actually expect you to do otherwise, but I have not described hearing in such a way, at all.

Yeah, I was using terms that are often typically used by OTHERS to describe THEIR voices, not referring to YOUR perception.

However, you described your perception of voices above: should I cut and paste your (quite nebulous) description?

But I do believe that you said, things had been tampered with. So that does not support your 'change over time'... hypothesis; that is tampering.

You admit that the Bible has been tampered with over time by lying scribes, but you're NOW claiming that such PROVEN examples of scriptural redaction and alterations with time is NOT evidence of "change with time"?

Again, that's simply a ludicrious laughable abuse of logic, and you don't do Jesus any favors by engaging in such intentional obsfucation, as if you feel the name of Jesus gives you an excuse to insult everyone's basic sense of logic. Ask Jesus, or read the Bible's policy on faith, and you'd realize that you're SUPPOSED to incite such examples as opportunities to admit that YES, it is a contradiction which cannot be resolved by reliance on "mere human flawed logic", but instead requires suppression and ignoring, citing it as an OPPORUNITY to BUILD one's FAITH.

In comparison, you point to "lying scribes" as a DEFENSE to explain why you feel entitled to cherry-pick scriptures from a Divinely-inspired book at will, to explain away the discrepancies. (We're not arguing from the same position, hence we're going to use the same

evidence differently.)

Why do you feel the need to describe/define my actions? This is just your interpretation. I dont do what you have listed above either. The bible is not one book, for one. The bible is not the Truth, for two. Christ is the Truth. Why in the world would I believe anything over Him, if that thing contradicts Him... when I KNOW that there are errors in translation or understanding, etc, that have found their way into various books?

Likely because you REFUSE or are unable to DEFINE your actions, yourself, and seemingly feel entitled to make up contradictory definitions and beliefs on the spot. Fine. Sure, you have a RIGHT to be as hypocritical as you wanna be, and as slippery as an eel as you please, but just realize you're not likely to be perceived by non-believers (or other believers, alike) as serving to the glory of Jesus or God, but rather, only acting like someone who feels entitled to rely on "appeals to a personal friend of Jesus" to push YOUR agenda (as much as you protest it's all to the glory of Jesus, it's really NOT, since you are unable to even clearly DEFINE the message that Jesus tells you what he wants US to do, at least in concrete USEFUL terms).

Here's a VERY RELEVANT YouTube video which depicts how theists (whether voice hearers or not) are often perceived by others, which all theists SHOULD be aware of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j8ZMMuu7MU

You're arguing AGAINST the value of faith now?

No, I am arguing against your definition of faith, and the value that you place on that.

Hebrews 11:1 defines faith. Do you agree with the Bible's (Paul's) definition in Hebrews 11:1 or is this more "lying scribes"?

(This is like pulling teeth!)

Read my post on the last page, where I explained my understanding that Christians and skeptics are sitting on OPPOSITE sides of the FAITH teeter-totter: per the Bible, the true Christian believes in Jesus DESPITE a COMPLETE lack of supportive evidence to bolster their

belief, relying exclusive on faith; the skeptic DEMANDS sufficient visible evidence in order to accept a belief in Jesus, so they don't REQUIRE FAITH, but require EVIDENCE.

I highlighted the addendums that you have attached to try and make your point stronger.

Thanks, if you seem to think it makes it clearer or significantly alters it. More importantly, does your modification mean you AGREE?

My faith is based on evidence. You may not accept that evidence, but that doesn't make faith blind. You want specific... visible... evidence; and faith is in what is unseen. But it is not based on nothing. I already said this, so i wont' continue to emphasize, as we will just repeat ourselves.

Again, you're arguing with the Apostle Paul now, who DEFINED Christian faith in Hebrews 11, and even offered examples of the "the men of faith" described in the OT who were in "the Faith Hall of Fame", where the Biblical accounts of THEIR faith SHOULD serve as all "the assurance" a true Christian needs to base THEIR faith upon. Hence, you seem NOT to understand that appealing to external evidence actually indicates your OWN WEAKNESS in their faith, i.e. being spiritually-weak, as if the OT accounts aren't good enough for you.

If all faith was blind, then we really wouldn't need the term, blind faith, now would we?

Except you're forgetting that the theological (Biblical) definition of faith differs from the common philosophical/scientific description of faith. eg I have 'faith' in radio waves, but it is not 'blind faith': their existence can be PROVEN by many means, such as using electronic equipment, signal-strength meters, receivers, etc. THAT'S verifiable evidence, so my faith in radio waves is NOT blind.

In Hebrews 11, the Bible clearly states that the OT contains the accounts of the men of faith, and that's the ONLY proof you SHOULD need, your faith built by reading THEIR accounts: the Bible assures readers that's ALL the assurance any Christian needs, and paradoxically by asking for MORE PROOF, you're actually demonstrating a LACK of faith, per Paul.

Now, If you DON'T agree, then you need to point out WHERE I'm wrong, and offer a BETTER INTERPRETATION which IS based on something outside of your own brain. MY CLAIMS are verifiable (i.e ANYONE can reference their copy of the Bible, and point out where and why my interpretation is wrong), and even though I obviously don't BELIEVE in the theological interpretation (as an atheist), at least I UNDERSTAND it, and can DEFEND my claim in a verifiable manner (which is something you SEEM quite unwilling to do).

Well, perhaps you should more closely examine Hebrews 11, which i referred to earlier, paying particular attention to the basis of their faith... being what they heard, and then DOING as they heard. (when warned; when called; when God spoke; when commended; when God said) There is no conflict with the passages you quoted. I just hoped to give you something further to add to your personal interpretation of what faith IS, by how you have interpreted scripture (cherry-picking, yourself). The issue is not the basis of THEIR faith (the men of faith of the OT), but that the reader is expected to base his faith on the accounts of the faith of men in the OT.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I suspect you really don't get the POINT of Christian faith, as defined by Paul in Hebrews 11:1, as many Christians don't seemingly understand that demanding VISIBLE evidence, or experiential evidence that's been personally-delivered by Jesus actually indicates a Christian's WEAK faith; refusing to examine VISIBLE counter-evidence indicates STRONGER faith, since Christian faith, BY DEFINITION, is NOT dependent on ANY evidence, other than the Bible accounts of faith (where "assured expectations" refers to the assurance offered by accounts appearing IN the Bible itself. That's an example of circular self-referential evidence, where the book that tells you that faith is a virtue, and faith is all that you need to be saved ALSO tells you that it's the SOURCE of ALL the evidence you need. Thus no external evidence is needed, or even desirable, as it shows a LACK of faith).

Hebrews 11:1 is telling Christians that faith IS transerrable, since the accounts of the OT "men of faith" SHOULD be ALL that a Christian needs to base their faith upon: nothing else. The Bible elsewhere says that modern-day signs and miracles are not offered to men: no more miracles, speaking in tongues, healing, etc. That's OK, per Paul, since he says that TRUE Christians ONLY need to examine their accounts of the men of faith "hall of fame" to based their faith upon (as well as the example of Jesus). Hence, the Bible accounts are ALL the assurance you or any other Christian needs.

Does not the Bible ENCOURAGE you TOO to protect and build your faith, NOT by seeking ANY evidence to justify your beliefs? If you actually believe it, why would you counteract the Bible's admonishment by claiming your personal experience as supportive EVIDENCE?

Seems to me you'd be DOWNPLAYING it, as it truly IS blind faith.

Ah no, it doesn't encourage any such thing... though even if it did, Christ does not, and HE is the one I follow. Make your calling sure. Test the inspired expressions. Be wary of false prophets and false christs. Watch out for wolves in sheep's clothing. It's all ABOUT testing.

This is pointless, since you aren't seemingly willing to nail down a definition of faith, and worse, you're introducing the unbibical concept of "blind faith" on top of it all (which YOU dragged into the discussion, even though you cannot Biblically support the claim of the concept of 'blind faith'; since Paul already admitted that there's a COMPLETE lack of verifiable external evidence, and he even spun that lack of proof as a POSITIVE! You're arguing against Paul now, since ALL faith in theological discussions IS actually blind faith, by definition).

I mean, is it ME, the atheist, who just doesn't get it, or am missing something about how faith is supposed to work for Christians?

I'm just telling you about my experience. And this whole... faith being blind, doesn't make sense to me (other than technically not being about sight... religion is a sight thing with its visible leaders and structures and doctrines and statues and paintings and icons and rules and specific clothes, etc; faith is about the Spirit... and the Spirit is heard, but not often seen; that is what walking by faith means, over walking by sight)

It doesn't make sense to you, but you're not willing to even admit that YOU might be missing something? How could THAT be, with Jesus whispering clues in your ear? THAT can't be right!

Do you see the slight problem there, or were Jesus' comments of disgust and frustration upon dealing with self-delusion and confirmation bias (when he said "they have eyes, but they cannot see") not serve as a warning to YOU, but a warning to EVERYONE ELSE BUT YOU?

Perhaps you can offer ONE SPECIFIC CONCRETE EXAMPLE of how Jesus has directly influenced you, or "where something came to pass". Give us your BEST example.

I've given examples on this forum. They will not meet your requirements. The "BEST" examples are personal, at least to this date, and involve others, and I am not putting them here.

Well thanks for admitting that they are of no relevance or significance to anyone else BUT you.

Now, do you see a SLIGHT problem with that admission that they ARE personal in nature, so instead Jesus would seemingly be playing favorites here, as if YOU deserve all the candy and sweets, but NOT all the rest of us? You cannot be so deluded to be oblivious to seeing the problems that might create for you, if only out of green-eyed envy and jealousy?

Of course, you'll likely interpret it as being persecuted for your true faith, playing right into the persecution complex, when again, it actually indicates you WEAK faith since you wouldn't TOUT your perception as a means to brag about being "special".

Of course, Jesus didn't perform miracles as personal favors, party-tricks, for financial gain, etc but supposedly to demonstrate the glory of God. How does his communication with you reflect the glory of God, in the least?

Again, I ask you to consider the dynamic of JWs anointed partakers, where one elderly member gets moved to partake, and the others snitter how she feels "special", and others inevitably feel "moved" to spiritually "Keep Up With the Joneses" and make the same claim, even sometimes managing to actually fool themselves via delusion.

I'm actually reminded of Jesus' admonishment to pray in private, and not do it for "show" as the Pharisees do, receiving all their rewards by their showy displays in the eyes of men. I'd think that SHOULD apply to the freak show of anointed partaking, or to your claims of hearing voices?

However, they likely would rationalize it away like this:

A person who partakes might simply be doing so because Christ ASKS it of them, and they hear Him. Even if they might not recognize it. No doubt that some do it for false motives also, but so what? That is between them and God. To jump to a conclusion that they are doing so in order to claim special status or whatever... well that is indicative of a few things in itself.

The PROBLEM is that it is self-delusion at the least, since it's not really real; at the worst, it's false representation, a lie, a religious con-game. People make poor decisions when they're made upon faulty evidence (eg JWs die when refusing blood transfusions; 9/11 hikackers flew into WTC, etc), or they decide to kill in the name of God(s). The problem is religion IGNORES the implications and the COSTS of their fakey beliefs on OTHERS, which isn't really surprising that they'd be unable to consider that it's not all about THEIR wishes and desires, but that they share the Planet with 7 BILLION OTHERS, too.

The COST is that of the targets of Bible-justified bigotry, eg gays, women, etc. The Bible perpetuates ancient stereotypes, and believers use the Bible to justify holding back minorities. That SHOULD be obvious to any but the most deluded believers.

JWs speak of using one's internal moral compass to make decisions on 'conscience' matters (i.e. matters which aren't determined by expression of God's Divine Will). The Bible-trained conscience is sharpened by Bible study; it is fueled by wisdom. Christians typically

claim how "horribly flawed" their decision-making skills are, even being unable to direct their own footsteps on their own without God's direction.

Okay, but what i was hoping for was a specific example. An anecdote of some sort, please. Because I am not sure how you are applying this to me.

If only I could remember the original point I was trying to make, LOL!

I discussed all of this in a prior article on Adam and Eve on my blog: maybe that'll help explain the difference between God's Divine Will and man's free will, and where humans are allowed to exercise their own independent moral judgment (and the fly in the ointment being determining which is which).

http://awgue.weebly.com/the-paradox-of-adam-and-eve-and-how-the-new-world-translation-fruitlessly-attempts-to-keep-it-hidden.html

The problem is most Christians don't BEGIN to ask the tough ethical and moral questions that need to be asked, since Christians are often self-centered (deep down), and often waste time discussing how unimportant they are (which belies their overblown egos, since

Jesus demanded that they put on the humble act, in order to be saved) and don't get around to actually discussing anything important like how to solve the World's immediate problems! Sigh....

You keep speaking about 'christians' and applying that to me, as if we are all one hive group, lol. And you are making assumptions at that.

Christ didn't tell anyone to put on an act... but we are to be humble before GOD; that does not mean be humble before men, when that involves watering down the truth or teachings of Christ. We are to speak boldly, but we are not to claim something as having come from ourselves, that came from Him.

I was referring to Jesus' constant jibes of "he who would be the first is the last", as if he were chastizing a group of self-centered and greedy children who insisted, "ME, FIRST!" Do you follow that advice from Jesus, or do you reject those claims as "lying scribes"?

I must say, it's getting very tiresome and fatiguing, having to clarify exactly what scriptures of the Bible you accept and which you don't, since you're asking for ALOT of "personal special pleading" and exceptions made just for YOU, the author of the Divinely inspired 'Book of Tammy'.

Some people seem to waste time talking about how important they should act, or take credit for something that is not theirs (something that Christ taught them even), rather than getting around to discussing anything important ; ) In fact, that makes your statement kind of funny... people make things about the person sharing, and it is not about them... thereby themselves wasting time rather than talking about the important things, lol.

Point being, since we're all apparently awaiting Christ's imminent return, there's no point in actually BOTHERING to DO anything USEFUL, right?

Adam

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Jesus was willing to give a doubting Thomas physical proof, why should it be any different for those who struggle with faith today?

Yes - clearly. What possible reason is there for God to play this mind game with mankind, where he expects all to believe in him while refusing to give clear evidence that he exists and is real? Certainly it wouldn't take much for the creator of the entire universe to move his little finger and in an instant, provide undeniable and unsurmountable evidence that he exists. In this manner, he would convert massive amounts of people in a short amount of time. How simple!! Surely easier than making animals fly over oceans to be taken to an wooden ark.

Instead he insists on teasing us with fuzzy logic and silence. This is where you differentiate between emotion-based beliefs and beliefs which are based on logic, facts and common sense. Clearly the God of the bible doesn't pass the test on the latter.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

The shroud is most likely not a fake either. You have not kept up with developments. There is even a scientific peer reviewed paper by a sceptic in the Turin shroud who was in the original Sturp team showing why the carbon dating needs to be done again. Along with that, the so called Pray manuscript dates the shroud to before Leonardo da Vinci. So for anyone to say that radiocarbon dating places its origin in medieval times in incorrect. What was dated is a middle ages repair patch

Boy, talk about wishful thinking. There is absolutely no evidence that the radiocarbon dating was done on anything but the original cloth. Why not simply believe what is apparent and obvious? This type of "i'll believe in it not matter what" attitude is what the Watchtower does in order to mantain it's belief system alive.

Same thing with the Pray manuscript. How silly. The pray manuscript is basically a poorly made cartoon from the middle ages. It shows Jesus being buried in a shroud but only wishful thinking can again try to use a cartoon of a shroud to support the idea that this was the same piece.

• tec
    tec

Hi TEC,
    Thanks for the reply.

Hi Adamah, and of course.

If you want to rely on the different definitions that exist for words (eg "verifiable") in the English language as used by various theologians vs their commonly-accepted scientific definition, then be my guest, but don't expect anyone ELSE to be fooled (much less impressed) by such evasive tactics, relying on the ambiguity of 'weasel words' and feeling you have the right to redefine meanings of words when it suits YOUR needs.

Let me see if I understand you.

If I use any definition for a word other than its scientific meaning, then I am evading, using weasel words, redefining meanings?

I am a lay person. This is not a scientific thread. If the only thing that you will accept is scientific proof, terms, etc... then, in your own words, be my guest. But this thread asked a specific question to which I answered. Can I prove it to you? No, and I have NEVER stated otherwise. Can a person go to Christ and ask, hear Him, thereby verifying for themselves that He does, indeed, speak? Yes. That is what I did.

And I don't mean anything more or less than that.

If you KNOW the meaning I intended but are intentionally obsfuscating, then you're being more than a tad intellectually-dishonest (a common trait amongst believers, I've found) and there's little point in continuing the discussion, since you're not open-minded, but merely PREACHING a message/agenda with no honest intent to change your position if presented with persuasive or compelling evidence/argument.

I'm not obsfuscating. I have said what I meant. If I was unclear, or if you did not understand, then the above should hopefully clarify.

I wonder... did you not know the meaning that I intended?

Again, it seems you don't accept the principle that TRUE FAITH is NOT evidenced by arguing evasively and relying on a forked-tongue Pharisee-like use of 'weasel words', but is demonstrated to others by honestly stating that there's NOTHING that ANYONE could present as VISIBLE VERIFIABLE evidence that would make them alter their belief. THAT'S faith.
    I said faith IS based on evidence; on something. I didn't add any 'weasel words'. I didn't say that it was based on something visible. I honestly don't know what you are saying, except that faith is supposed to be blind, and if you have evidence or reasons for your faith... then your faith is weak or non-existent. That doesn't make any sense. Who puts their faith in someone or something without reason/evidence? Can you answer me that question, and then perhaps I might understand more what you are saying?

(funny side bit... mP tells me I'm selfish for not sharing more, you tell me I'm ego-centric for sharing at all, lol)... tec
    Actually, those are not mutually-exclusive, which also explains part of the problem: it's selfish AND egocentric to play the "I've got a secret friend in Jesus, and you don't" tease game with others,

Once again, don't apply motives to me. You don't know me. I don't do that. I share for others who are seeking or may want to hear; I share because I am giving witness TO Christ. Or perhaps because someone asked a question... such as is the case with this thread. I would never share to mock someone, but only to perhaps help someone in their faith, and if they have questions. Just as others did for ME, when I was seeking.

since you've apparently never considered how childish it makes YOU appear to be to others?

Live your life worrying about what others think of you, and you'll be too afraid to speak at all... or at the least, you'll be too afraid to speak honestly.

Telling everyone, "But you're just not trying HARD ENOUGH!" is simply not helpful, since you're now blaming the ones who don't share your auditory-perception quirk, so although it maybe fueled by a very real auditory hallucination experienced by you, it actually demonstrates a lack of empathy on YOUR part by failing to consider how EVERYONE ELSE will perceive your claims.

Well, now you've gone and inserted a cause, even though earlier you said that you would not try and diagnose someone over the internet. An actual doctor would know better than to even try, not without some EVIDENCE, other than studies conducted on other people that may or may not support the conclusion you are drawing. I do not have auditory hallucinations.

And there is a difference between blaming someone for something, and trying to encourage them or share what is written or what you experienced, or the promises made regarding those who do seek.

Again, you seek to apply a negative motive to me... why is that?

Again, that very fact tends to undermine your claim of Jesus being the source of the voices, since it would mean that not only YOU are arrogant and insensitive, but that JESUS is arrogant and more than a bit of a childish by using some people to play his "Hide and Seek" game, since THAT'S the message Tammy is conveying on behalf of Jesus. You'd almost expect that if Jesus chose to communicate to some, he'd threaten to ignore them if they ever DARED to publicly state they were "special". THAT'S what a moral Jesus would do, if only so as to NOT appear like a big arse who shows favortism to some.

This might be what you are hearing... but you are not hearing it from me.

But this of course depends upon your original assertion about me, being correct. It is not.

(one voice, also... not voices; and if you were actually reading what I have written, you would not need me to remind you)

Christ speaks to everyone; all are invited... and your post above shows me only that you are just trying another technique to make sure that anyone who does hear from the Spirit shuts up about it. People can talk philosphy, people can talk science, people can talk religion and the bible... but don't you dare talk about the Spirit of Christ being alive, and speaking. Just an attempt to shame someone to silence, so that no one gives witness to the truth of Christ. Might work with some, for a little while. Won't work with me.

Contrary to your words above, the abandoned child often spends their ENTIRE LIVES trying to answer the question of why their parents abandoned them, often blaming themselves as being fundamentally unlovable, not worthy of being loved, etc even long AFTER they
    HAVE been told an answer, or even after the parents had died. They mull the question (and answer) over in their minds, haunted by the question "WHY".
    Yes, I understand everything you said in your explanation on this. But what you said here does not equate one to the other:

It might bring that to mind for you, but it does not for me. These two statements do not relate for me. I'm not sure how to explain to you what I mean, so I'm going to leave that alone for now.

Are you admitting that Jesus uttered those expressions of abandonment after struggling to figure out WHY his Father had foresaken him, and Jesus realized that he was just another false Jewish messiah claimaint (not the first, and not the last: there were literally HUNDREDS of others Jews who lived short incendiary lives as minor celebrities within Palestine by making that exact claim and performing magic tricks before large crowds)?

No, that is what you are saying.

I am saying He cried out, in pain.

(one expression, btw... not expressions)

Or, are you denying that entire Bible passage, too (appealing to the "lying scribes" bit)?

Of course not. Why would I?

How do you explain those words? Wait: I see you answered it with this:

Yeah, I'm not buying it, since that would somehow mean that Jesus experienced a moment of weakness and loss of faith in his Heavenly Father under the pain of bodily torture

Buy it or don't as you choose.

He never spoke against His Father; He never blamed His Father; He cried out TO His Father... but never once spoke against Him.

He did come to experience all that we experience... and He did not once curse God, or disobey... not even in a moment of pain and doubt (not doubt that God existed, but doubt that God had forsaken Him... and He did not curse His Father, but instead cried out and asked why).

(where Jesus constantly spoke about the need to gain control over the flesh so as to purify the soul, putting spiritual interests ahead of the weaknesses of the flesh).
    Doesn't seem like "perfect" to me if he cried, "Uncle!" under significant bodily pain, and lost self-control. Jesus WAS claimed to be the Son of God, and appealing to his human side to make excuses for displays of "weakness of the flesh" by doubting his Father isn't going to fly with me.

Again, it doesn't matter to me if it flies with you or not. He didn't cry uncle, He cried out to His Father. Do you think that Him praying to His Father to please take this 'cup' away from Him, the night before, is a sign of weakness? And what seems like perfect to you, and what IS perfect, may not be the same thing.

He asked forgivness for all who had harmed Him; and He never turned away from God; and He never disobeyed or turned away from the cup that had been given Him. He cried out in pain, and you somehow think that this moment undermines all else? It does the opposite.

The moment recorded in Matthew directly contradicts the OTHER two Gospel accounts (Luke and John) which portray Jesus as calm, cool, and in control at the moment of death, where Jesus KNEW WHAT was happening and WHY it was happening, right up until the moment of death (eg uttering the last words, "it is finished" in John, and "Father into thy hands I commend my spirit" in Luke).

It doesn't contradict... it just adds to the other accounts.

(Let's set aside how Catholics rationalize Jesus' utterance of betrayal with Himself, since their trinity doctrine is questioned by such expressions of betrayal by ANOTHER independent being, much less how God's betrayal of himself isn't exactly evidence of

"perfection".)

Why bring Catholics into this at all? I don't have a clue how they 'rationalize' this, and I don't particularly care, as I do not accept the trinity doctrine in the first place.

However, you described your perception of voices above: should I cut and paste your (quite nebulous) description?

You could... but you won't find gut feeling; hunch; or twitch in it. Those are the words that you use to replace the description that i give, to bring it down to a level that you will accept.

You admit that the Bible has been tampered with over time by lying scribes, but you're NOW claiming that such PROVEN examples of scriptural redaction and alterations with time is NOT evidence of "change with time"?

Doesn't prove that GOD changed with time... which is what you claimed. You said that there is a progression in the bible of how God changed with time; then you also said that things were later tampered with. So how can you know if there is a gradual change with time, if as you said, things were later tampered with or added in?

So from that misunderstanding, there is no need for me to comment on the rest of your spiel against me, yes?

Likely because you REFUSE or are unable to DEFINE your actions, yourself, and seemingly feel entitled to make up contradictory definitions and beliefs on the spot.

No. You don't know me well enough to define my actions or motives (and I have clearly set them out for you above); yet you insist on doing it, thinking that you can, after only a couple of exchanges. Unless of course we have had these conversations before, and you just weren't adamah then.

The above is a statement with no backing. Else give an example.

Fine. Sure, you have a RIGHT to be as hypocritical as you wanna be, and as slippery as an eel as you please, but just realize you're not likely to be perceived by non-believers (or other believers, alike) as serving to the glory of Jesus or God, but rather, only acting like someone who feels entitled to rely on "appeals to a personal friend of Jesus" to push YOUR agenda (as much as you protest it's all to the glory of Jesus, it's really NOT, since you are unable to even clearly DEFINE the message that Jesus tells you what he wants US to do, at least in concrete USEFUL terms).

You haven't even asked me about some defined message... we haven't even spoken about that... and so I find it strange that you even bring that up. Who are you having a conversation with, because it doesn't seem to be me... but rather who you have decided I am.

Here's a VERY RELEVANT YouTube video which depicts how theists (whether voice hearers or not) are often perceived by others, which all theists SHOULD be aware of:

I've seen the video before. And I know that atheists perceive theists in that manner... because I am sure that some feel that way. I don't though, and just as an atheist doesn't want to be judged on the basis of some stereotype, neither does a theist.

Just sayin'.

Hebrews 11:1 defines faith. Do you agree with the Bible's (Paul's) definition in Hebrews 11:1 or is this more "lying scribes"?
    (This is like pulling teeth!)

I agree, this is like pulling teeth. Because as I said, read the rest of Hebrews 11, and you'll see that Paul did not mean faith is based on nothing. All those men of faith heard and believed, and obeyed. Exactly what I have been saying. You want to go and say that I am making up some book of tammy... but it is right there in that same chapter, and you are ignoring it.

Hebrews 11:1 says what faith is: knowing; confidence; assurance.

It certainly does not say that faith is based on nothing. It doesn't even speak about what faith is based ON. It is just not based on sight... as I also said. It just says what faith IS: it is KNOWING; not guessing, or thinking, or hedging ones' bets... but on KNOWING. That KNOWING is based on SOMETHING.

The examples that Paul then goes on to list, describe faith to us... and that faith is based on what was heard.

Read it yourself. I'm not making it up.

Again, you're arguing with the Apostle Paul now, who DEFINED Christian faith in Hebrews 11, and even offered examples of the "the men of faith" described in the OT who were in "the Faith Hall of Fame", where the Biblical accounts of THEIR faith SHOULD serve as all

"the assurance" a true Christian needs to base THEIR faith upon. Hence, you seem NOT to understand that appealing to external evidence actually indicates your OWN WEAKNESS in their faith, i.e. being spiritually-weak, as if the OT accounts aren't good enough for you.

You're making a leap here, and an interpretation, that Paul listed those men as all the assurance a true christian needs to base their faith upon, rather than that Paul was showing examples of what faith IS, and what faith DOES (not that these men should be the 'evidence' for others' faith).

Paul would not have said that anyone's faith should be based on anyone other than Christ, Himself. Christ is the Rock. Christ the foundation. Christ the cornerstone. He was explaining faith... not telling people to put their faith on these men.

Your interpretation is flawed here, and so your entire understanding of faith being based on nothing, is based on something that you have misunderstood, and so it is also flawed.

Before just dismissing that out of hand, would you please stop and reflect on it? Better yet, ask the One who DOES know (Christ) to help you see and understand.

Now, If you DON'T agree, then you need to point out WHERE I'm wrong, and offer a BETTER INTERPRETATION which IS based on something outside of your own brain. MY CLAIMS are verifiable (i.e ANYONE can reference their copy of the Bible, and point out where and

why my interpretation is wrong), and even though I obviously don't BELIEVE in the theological interpretation (as an atheist), at least I UNDERSTAND it, and can DEFEND my claim in a verifiable manner (which is something you SEEM quite unwilling to do).

Done, though if you wish to discuss this point further, by all means, since this entire debate seems to be framed around it.

And if you can use the term verifiable in this sense, lol... I don't see why you had a problem with me using it above. That Christ speaks is verifiable in the bible as well, which, even though you might not believe that, you can verify as to what my faith is supposed to be about, even if you don't believe that it actually happens.

"My sheep hear my voice"

Pauls encounter with Christ who SPOKE (after death and resurrection).

Christ speaking to Peter in a dream.

Christ speaking to John in Revelation.

Etc, etc.

I'm goint to post this much now, before I lose it, and then continue. I'm sure its far too long as it is, lol.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

Paul likely had an epileptic incident.

Peter had a dream - so what?

John was probably on drugs.

These are far more simple explanations than zombie Jesus.

Faith by definition lacks evidence otherwise no faith would be necessary - obviously.

Why do some people have difficulty being succinct?

• tec
    tec

That's OK, per Paul, since he says that TRUE Christians ONLY need to examine their accounts of the men of faith "hall of fame" to based their faith upon (as well as the example of Jesus).
    Hence, the Bible accounts are ALL the assurance you or any other Christian needs.
    I am afraid that it is you who has missed the point. NONE of this is stated. YOU have inferred it. I am going to try to move on from the issue of what faith is, or is based on, until after you respond to the above post.

I've given examples on this forum. They will not meet your requirements. The "BEST" examples are personal, at least to this date, and involve others, and I am not putting them here.... tec
    Well thanks for admitting that they are of no relevance or significance to anyone else BUT you.... adamah
    And you talk about me using weasel words? Look at what you did above. I did not say what you stated. I said they won't meet YOUR requirements. You changed that to 'no relevance or significance' to anyone else but you'. Now if you are simply trying to infer that, then how in the world could you even know something like that? Do you know who else I speak with, who else might have found relevance or significance in things that I have shared with them? No, you don't. Just because something is not acceptable or even relevant or significant to you... does not mean that it is not acceptable or relevant or significant to everyone.
    Now, do you see a SLIGHT problem with that admission that they ARE personal in nature, so instead Jesus would seemingly be playing favorites here, as if YOU deserve all the candy and sweets, but NOT all the rest of us? You cannot be so deluded to be oblivious to seeing the problems that might create for you, if only out of green-eyed envy and jealousy?

First, lets stick with accuracy. I said the "best" examples are personal, and INVOLVE OTHERS, and so I am not putting them out there.

Second, do you keep your mouth shut just because some might cause problems for you if you open your mouth?

Third, it is not a matter of favorites... or even a person (me) being good (no one is good, and that is not a platitude)... but merely one of faith.

Of course, you'll likely interpret it as being persecuted for your true faith, playing right into the persecution complex, when again, it actually indicates you WEAK faith since you wouldn't TOUT your perception as a means to brag about being "special".

You should stop trying to tell me what I will likely interpret something AS... as well as trying to tell me my motivation.

Of course, Jesus didn't perform miracles as personal favors, party-tricks, for financial gain, etc but supposedly to demonstrate the glory of God. How does his communication with you reflect the glory of God, in the least?

Well, for one... it answers the question in the OP. The accusation that God does not care, and is silent and/or has abandoned us (or does not exist). He speaks through Christ. He keeps His promises. Giving us more reason to put faith in Him, and what He says. So that we are NOT abandoned, and we ARE loved, and God and Christ ARE working. And that Christ IS teaching, IS alive, and we can put faith in that, as well as all else that He has said regarding Life, the Kingdom, forgivness and mercy, etc.

It also frees us from having or rely upon other men; because we can ASK Christ and go to HIM... rather than be misled by wolves and false christs, etc.

Again, I ask you to consider the dynamic of JWs anointed partakers, where one elderly member gets moved to partake, and the others snitter how she feels "special", and others inevitably feel "moved" to spiritually "Keep Up With the Joneses" and make the same claim, even sometimes managing to actually fool themselves via delusion.

And?

Again, just because someone does that... doesn't mean that others are not simply doing as Christ asked, because they hear Him, and the want to answer His call, so as to listen to HIM... over listening to MEN; so as to not be ashamed of Him before men, or afraid of men to the point that they would deny Christ.

Passing those emblems by every year, saying no to Christ every year, literally makes some people sick to their stomach. Because they are denying Him, and they know it is wrong, the spirit within them bears witness to this being wrong, and they WANT to say YES, to accept His call and invitation. They are sick when they allow fear of men to rule them, rather than doing what He is asking them to do, and having union with Christ.

For those who do it to feel special... again that is between them and God.

I'm actually reminded of Jesus' admonishment to pray in private, and not do it for "show" as the Pharisees do, receiving all their rewards by their showy displays in the eyes of men. I'd think that SHOULD apply to the freak show of anointed partaking, or to your claims of hearing voices?
    You mean, be quiet and do give witness to Christ. Do the opposite of what He has said to do. Praying is one thing (though Christ gave thanks in public all the time... but his prayers were private; partaking is not prayer, and giving witness to Christ is also not prayer; so you are once again twisting something that does not apply)
    However, they likely would rationalize it away like this:

Since you quoted my words, and I repeated them above anyway, I'll just respond to that:

None of that is rationalization.

The apostles and ALL the disciples and early church came together and partook together. That's in the bible, so, as you have said, it is 'verifiable'. So is Christ saying that his disciples would bear witness to Him, and speak, and we have plenty of examples of that as well.

We have no examples of people who are only allowed to partake in private, or who are not allowed to give witness to Christ.

You are totally making that up, and the evidence contradicts what you are saying.

The PROBLEM is that it is self-delusion at the least, since it's not really real; at the worst, it's false representation, a lie, a religious con-game. People make poor decisions when they're made upon faulty evidence (eg JWs die when refusing blood transfusions; 9/11 hikackers flew into WTC, etc), or they decide to kill in the name of God(s). The problem is religion IGNORES the implications and the COSTS of their fakey beliefs on OTHERS, which isn't really surprising that they'd be unable to consider that it's not all about THEIR wishes and desires, but that they share the Planet with 7 BILLION OTHERS, too.

Are you still talking about partaking here? Or giving witness?

You won't get an argument with me that terrible things have been done in the name of religion... but religion and faith are not necessarily the same thing. You seem to think I am wrong for my view of faith... but I'm not blowing up buildings or shunning people or killing people or making up doctrines and rules that cost people their lives (blood transfusions), etc, etc

The COST is that of the targets of Bible-justified bigotry, eg gays, women, etc. The Bible perpetuates ancient stereotypes, and believers use the Bible to justify holding back minorities. That SHOULD be obvious to any but the most deluded believers.

Then again, you should have no problem with someone following Christ, first and foremost, over the bible and religion and men.

Slavery, gay bashing, racism, sexism, etc... none of these are in line with Christ OR love, or even the golden rule. And it is Christ who I follow.

I was referring to Jesus' constant jibes of "he who would be the first is the last", as if he were chastizing a group of self-centered and greedy children who insisted, "ME, FIRST!" Do you follow that advice from Jesus, or do you reject those claims as "lying scribes"?

Why do you insert the word 'jibe'. Is that not a weasel word?

But to answer your statement... they had just said 'Me first', lol. And yes, I do follow that advice. To follow Christ, one must serve... not be served. Just as HE did.

I must say, it's getting very tiresome and fatiguing, having to clarify exactly what scriptures of the Bible you accept and which you don't, since you're asking for ALOT of "personal special pleading" and exceptions made just for YOU, the author of the Divinely inspired 'Book of Tammy'.

Well, I accept everything that Christ said. Interpretations made of what He said, perhaps not. I simply do not accept anything that is in contradiction to what Christ taught, by word or deed. (or I assume I am misunderstanding something, but nothing TRUE is aginst Christ)

So perhaps that will help.

Nothing that I have stated is against Christ and His teachings either, you know. Nothing. It is all backed up in what is written. So I'm not sure what the special pleading and/or exceptions are that you think I am asking to be made for me.

Point being, since we're all apparently awaiting Christ's imminent return, there's no point in actually BOTHERING to DO anything USEFUL, right?

I'm guessing this is just tongue in cheek.

Christ teaches that we should DO, and certainly that we should help those who need help.

Peace,

tammy

• mP
    mP

cofty Paul never met Jesus of the gospels. Just read his text and you can see for yourself he knows nothing about Jesus the man. HIs Jesus is a very different entity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit