Why do the GB need a new Bethel compound if the end is so close? Here is the "official" answer

by sir82 120 Replies latest jw friends

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked

• Farkel
    Farkel

Why did Joseph Franklin Rutherford have a bomb shelter built in Beth Shan to protect him from a Japanese invasion in WWII? He didn't trust in "Jehovah" any more than the cynical GB does today.

Hypocrites. They are using the money they extract from their true believers to protect themselves and leave the sheep kicked under the bus at their stupid "Armageddon" myth.

Farkel

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/105877/1/A-place-of-security-i-e-a-bomb-shelter-in-NY

Because of the loss of liberties in many lands, and as a precaution for the safety of the Bethel family, a place of refuge had been built in South Lansing, New York. It was never needed for that purpose, however. Instead, under Jehovah’s direction the building was later transformed into a dormitory and school, called the Watchtower Bible School of Gilead. This occurred while World War II was still raging. In 1943 the first class of 100 students began. The school (from which I was to benefit later) was to be used to train missionaries for spreading the good news of God’s kingdom.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

if they want to build a golden calf to the sky. Let them.

• blondie
    blondie

*** w81 12/15 p. 28 Active Christians in a Critical Time ***The special event occurring in New York, N.Y., U.S.A., was the graduation exercise of the 71st class of the Watchtower Bible School of Gilead. We do well to reflect on some points made during the program.

The principal speaker was F. W. Franz, president of the Watchtower Society and of the School. His hour-long talk opened with a review of the School’s history. After the outbreak of World War II, the then-president of the Society, J. F. Rutherford, believed that intense persecution against Jehovah’s Witnesses might require that a move be made from the Society’s Brooklyn, New York, headquarters. Thus he had buildings constructed in upstate New York that could be used to house the headquarters staff.

• MsD
    MsD

One of my JW friends told me about the purchase a couple years ago. I literally live 20-30 minutes away. It's in Orange County New York. I still talk to her, maybe I can get more info. She could never really give me a clear answer on why they were moving everything upstate. Brooklyn headquarters are like an hour or so away. Been to Patterson and the upstate NY facilities.

• worf
    worf

George,

I was thinking of the same book "The Nations Shall Know That I am Jehovah-How?, that you have referenced, as I was reading this thread. That is a book that shows the "delusions of grandeur" that this cult has of ruling the world. Thanks George for referencing that information. Fortunately, there are other forces on this planet that will keep their delusions of ruling this world from coming to fruition.

Worf

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

headquarters in very remote, isolated Warwick NY.

Warwick isn't secluded. Its less rural than Wallkill and Paterson.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

“Although we are not yet certain of Jehovah’s will regarding Warwick,” said Brother Pierce, “we are proceeding to develop the site with the intention of relocating the world headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses there.”

Right, you know... In the same manner that Jehovah told Noah to build an Ark, while Noah was not aware of what God's plan was. Perhaps they will build a zoo in there and start importing animals from all over the world.

• pixel
    pixel

“Although we are not yet certain of Jehovah’s will regarding Warwick,”

There you have it! Thats how the GB/FDS/WT runs things. They dont know what The Boss wants, but they still do it.

ehovah told Noah to build an Ark, while Noah was not aware of what God's plan was

If I'm not mistaken, God, Told Noah about his plan well in advance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit