Why do the GB need a new Bethel compound if the end is so close? Here is the "official" answer

by sir82 120 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    Why is almost everyone calling Warwick "UPSTATE NY ", this is not near Lake Placid, the Olympic site but instead it is very close to the urban sprawl of New Jersey, NY City,

prologos ...

I have always wondered about that myself. I would not even consider the Catskills upstate. To me, when I use the term upstate, I am at least talking about Albany or further north.

Rub a Dub

• factfinder
    factfinder

I think by upstate they just mean north of Brooklyn, although from where I live in NJ Warwick is upstate!

• prologos
    prologos

factfinder, it is just over the NJ/NY border, so anyone approaching it from the south , the population center, and that crosses the state line with ill intent, in doing so can be deemed a criminal in FEDERAL jurisdiction,

Wt hiding behind the sword of the superior of the superior authorities.

yes coming from CAPE MAY getting to the end of the turnpike would be upstate NJ.

By the time the overlapping generation expires that location, so well connected will be super prime real estate and

the cycle can continue.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Where they are going they're going to take with them 1 Billion dollars once all the buildings in Brooklyn are sold.

Religious Charlatanism pays off well in America.

The End is always going to be close for the WTS., for it has been a remarkable marketing strategy that sold millions

of pieces of literature for this religious publishing house this past century.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Hi prologos-

thanks! Yes I realize Warwick is not too far from the NJ border in Bergen county. I'm up in Wyckoff several days a week and its just 30 minutes from there but its about 2.5 hours from where I live.

But whereas Wallkill and Patterson may be more rural than Warwick, the society's facilities can be seen from the highway on both sides-everything is out in the open.

The new headquarters in Warwick will be secluded in a wooded area not visable from the highway. This new gb has always been very secrative.

In Brooklyn the buildings are seen by thousands of people daily. The new gb must hate that.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think these events have a lot to do with the GBs decision to move head quartes from Brooklyn and to a more secluded spot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m53JU4g7Ia4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHRfoAJn_bk

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Two very good reasons the WTS. would venture into obscurity.

1. The money that the WTS. has tied up in real-estate in Brooklyn was worth a billion dollars.

2. The organization's proclaiming doctrines of mankind living its its last days is being realized

by many that these were just corrupt commercialized endeavors to proliferate the organization's

published literature.

If I cultivated that kind of money bullshitting to people I would think about moving to a more obscure place as well.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

It does not matter where the GB hides. They are useless lackeys of the money machine the Wt. has become. The GB I guess have never heard of drones. I've heard they can find anything. What would stop the U.S. gov't. from using them on their compound. As the old saying says "You and hide but we will find you". That also goes in todays imformation world we live in. That one they do not know how to stop. Totally ADD

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

My question is who has given the GB of the WTBTS the O.K. to build these larger facilities in the first place? Certainly not Jesus Christ or Sky Daddy, for that matter!

Jesus, as stated in Mat 24:45-47, hasn't yet assigned 'all his earthly belongings' to anyone. That is something he will do in the future during the Great Tribulation according to the latest updates found in the July 15, 2013 Study Edition of the Watchtower.

And as mentioned in the April 1, 2007 Watchtower pg 23 par 7-9 notice what 'all those earthly belongings' include:

'“all his belongings.” What would this entail? ...... the supervision of the material facilities used by Christ’s followers to carry out their Christian activities, such as the world headquarters and branch offices of Jehovah’s Witnesses, as well as their places of worship—Kingdom Halls and Assembly Halls...'

So as usual WT is way ahead of itself on this Bethel compound.

Jesus has yet to give anyone permission to build or has yet to assign any other kingdom earthly assets (belongings) to anyone!

• factfinder
    factfinder

I wonder what happened with the Ramapo property?

Remember, they were going to build a complex there too. But they could not get tax free status. Jehovah must not want them to build there.

So what do they do now? Wait and see if Jehovah changes his mind and gives them tax free status, or sell it?

How does the GB get elected anyway? Congregations have no say.

How can anyone get rid of them? What if the WT board of directors disagrees with the gb? What if a majority do? Do the directors all get disfellowshipped?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit