Why do the GB need a new Bethel compound if the end is so close? Here is the "official" answer

by sir82 120 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

As most of us know, the Society is spending 10's of millions of dollars on a giant, state of the art, secluded bunker country club headquarters in very remote, isolated Warwick NY.

The question that "some" have is, why? If Armageddon is coming "very soon", why go to all that time & effort & expense? Why have thousands of JWs dedicating their time to this massive effort instead of the "lifesaving ministry"?

I was talking a JW who had been involved in the preliminary steps of preparing the land for construction.

Apparently these early workers get pep talks from the GB.

This guy related the reasoning from Splane, on why so much effort. Following is a paraphrase of Splane's comments:

"I look out my window, and I see the Manhattan skyline, and I know that it is all going to be utterly destroyed. Why should we remain here in Brooklyn? Why not build far away from there, and we'll have beautiful buildings which we can continue to use after Armageddon?"

So there you have it.

At the behest of the GB, JWs are building "Armageddon proof" buildings out in the middle of nowhere, so it is easier for Jehovah to avoid hitting WT property with his flaming Armageddon hailstones.

You just can't make this stuff up!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Sir,

{"I look out my window, and I see the Manhattan skyline, and I know that it is all going to be utterly destroyed. Why should we remain here in Brooklyn? Why not build far away from there, and we'll have beautiful buildings which we can continue to use after Armageddon?"}

Seems like the craziest bullshit ever coming from this corporate CEO. These guys are running out of halfway decent bullshit to feed the rank and file, they have little or no imagination left to come up with a good story anymore, and this is the best they can do.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

GB: You KNOW Manhattan is going to be destroyed. Jehovah can't protect you if you're in Manhattan? I thought if you were ready for big A it didn't matter where you were. Is not the GB in the "center of the org?" That was supposed to be all that is needed to be protected through A! Or excuse me, I guess that's all you could do so that Jehovah "MAY" save you.

You're so sure, you KNOW, what Jehovah thinks, who should be cut off and ignored, when Jehovah is saddened, when this system is ending Jehovah had a deal with you to be sure and tell you FIRST, right?

And who in the hell is that WE you're talking about, "WE'LL have beautiful buildings to use after Armageddon," WHAT??!! I know you're not inviting me up there to the safety wilderness.

Was it my imagination or didn't the WT make fun of so-called survivalists? All of a sudden the GB are sh!ttin' their drawers to dig a big luxurious hole to climb into and pull in behind them. Or maybe it's the tornado shelter like in that movie about Dorothy and Toto and Kansas.

OH my yes, it's so important that the administrators of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society survive a catastrophe, what would Jehovah do without them in the devastation? The survivors would be in dire need of tracts and tawks that take their minds off everything. Tracts and Talks, Tracts and Talks. Maybe they can form a band and go on tour. Big Splane and His Talks and Tracts. Music soothes the savage rank and file.

• jgnat
    jgnat

It will make it a lot easier to declare the invisible Armageddon come and gone. Those buildings and park-like surroundings can be the first evidence for the beginning of the millenial reign. The WTS gets a thousand-year lease.

Living "forever" will be figurative rather than literal.

• goodsoul
    goodsoul

When they started preparation works in Warwick an Tuxido, I was still in.

I asked one elder, who was involved in that process the same question.

Reply was, that it will be used as hotel in new world. "We need to stay somewhere after big A"! he said.

I said- how it will work, since there will be no electricity after big A?

"For jehovah that is not a problem!"- he answered.

What you could say else to these people? Their brain is in laundry.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I've mentioned this before, but it bears repeating...

...one of the first warning signs that an apocalyptic group is going off the rails is withdrawal to a rural setting/compound.

The new HQ will have a self-contained underground network that will no doubt be capable of functioning independently of the surface (for a while, anyway), and I am 100% certain that the Patterson and Walkill locations (not to mention a lot more printing facilities and branch offices worldwide) will go the way of Brooklyn before decade's end, too.

They want all their eggs in one basket, so that when the "persecution" becomes intolerable, they can cut ties with local KHs (if needs be), tell the staff that the Great Trib has started, bunker down, and ride it out. Don't be surprised to hear rumors that the Top Dogs fully believe the Big A has come, and the new HQ is their Ark.

The only problem with that plan?

The longer the planet around them stubbornly continues to exist without collapsing into supernatural chaos, the harder it will be for anyone there to keep up the pretense.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Sounds like a lack of faith in Jah, surely he could save a few buildings across the river????

More like Splane and Company need the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to settle all of the pedo lawsuits.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

@LG - Sounds like a lack of faith in Jah, surely he could save a few buildings across the river????

That's exactly what I was thinking, actions speak the loudest and it looks like even the GB are silently admitting that they were wrong and/or that they no longer have faith in jahoober's "secure height" of protection.

• VM44
    VM44
    a giant, state of the art, secluded bunker country club headquarters in very remote, isolated Warwick NY.

Does anyone have the address for this new facility in Warwick, NY?

I would like to see an aerial view of the location on Google Maps.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    "I look out my window, and I see the Manhattan skyline, and I know that it is all going to be utterly destroyed.
    Why should we remain here in Brooklyn?
    Why not build far away from there, and we'll have beautiful buildings which we can continue to use after Armageddon?"

As an Extremely Important WBT$ Demi God..

I`ve decided JW`s should Pay for my.. You`ve got All Our Money..

New Extravagant Home.. Your a Bum..Get a Job!..

....................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit